InFocus Reviews

Bob O'Malley
1 Rating

Circling the Drain

I have been working at InFocus

Pros

Most of the people you work with are great and talented.

Cons

The great and talented either move onto other jobs quickly or are suffering from Stockholm.

InFocus Culture

Former Employee - Logistics Analyst  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Logistics Analyst in Portland, OR

I worked at InFocus as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Was able to learn a new system and receive experience within the electronics industry. Created more connections within the transportation industry. In this respect, being a contractor for InFocus was a positive experience.

Cons

The culture within InFocus was the worst I've ever experienced though out my 20+ years in the transportation industry. Very few employees had anything positive to say about InFocus which was unfortunate as there are some great people within the company. Even when I was advised my contracted was ending I was told I was lucky to get out. I was told employees who had worked for InFocus for 10 years or longer were considered as "dinosaurs". Later I understood why.

Management needs to work on building a positive culture within InFocus. From my personal experience, I became very unsure of my day to day actions as my manager created serious doubt and no since of direction as to what needed to be accomplished. On several occasions I was informed I had information only to find out I didn't. In certain cases, I was even told not to call our vendors as all the information I needed was within "Sharepoint". Overall, InFocus Sr. Management is only concerned about reducing costs and not providing a healthy work experience for it employees. I helped reduced transportation costs significantly and once this was accomplished my contracted was ended.

bad culture

I have been working at InFocus full-time

Pros

small company, good opportunity for growth

Cons

run by one decision maker

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stressful in CSS Dept.

Former Employee - CSS  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - CSS in Portland, OR

I worked at InFocus

Pros

Depends on which dept. you work for, if you're in CSS, be to pull your hair out sometime, but the benifit package is excellent.

Cons

you will never know who's going to get the pink/yellow card next because it's shrinking faster than you can look for the next job.

If you cut corner and try to save money by using cheaply made parts from China you will not win customer's loyalty in the long run.

Great People, Poor Direction from Above

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at InFocus

Pros

there are a lot of Good People to work with and learn from.

Cons

Salary includes variable component, for everyone.
    Top Managment does not have clear direction and changes focus often. Almost running company with knee jerk reactions..

Focus on our core offering. Wait for a plan to yield a return and stop making changes.

A Sinking Ship...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at InFocus

Pros

Good benefits, and lots of vacation days.

Cons

The company is top heavy with senior management based on the size of the company. Many employees had been there for quite some time and had a sense of entitlement. They had a hard time adjusting to layoffs, budget cuts, friends leaving the company, etc. Each and every time they would say, "That's not the way we do it at InFocus". Never realizing that the company had been losing money for years ~ the old ways of thinking were not working anymore...No one was ever interested in hearing any new ideas.

Determine actionable business plans each season and stick to them. Make the sales team accountable for profitability within their accounts.

Tumultuous times

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at InFocus

Pros

Display industry is an interesting space. Plenty of business challenges to tackle.

Cons

Lack of transparency of management.
    Lack of integrity in prior management.
    Significant shift in culture/values as the company fought to stay afloat.

Good luck with the new strategy.

glad they are out of business

I worked at InFocus

Pros

location was great. Wilsonville was a lovely place. junior associates were great as well. history was bad and success had come easily. no ability to see the future and plan for it

Cons

bad business. economically impossible to make money with cost structure, and inability to change cost structure. poor leadership by kyle, who was in it for himself.

best thing to do was to go private. but long term, still cannot see it making money. brand continues to erode

Worked for InFocus? Contribute to the Community!