InMobi Reviews

Reset
3.7
InMobi Founder & CEO Naveen Tewari
Naveen Tewari

Pros
  • Perks(Awesome free food and lots of goodies through out the year) (in 16 reviews)

• Flexible work timings, Work from home option available (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor leadership trickling down to poor decisions/executions because middle management lacks accountability (in 13 reviews)

• You need to slog 24*7 to get anything accomplished; absolutely no work life balance (in 7 reviews)

1. Brilliant Strategic Thinking, but needs thick-skinned execution

Current Employee - Business Development
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at InMobi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Overall ambition, vision are unmatched in the industry 2) Global - I work with teams in China, India, UK often 3) Amazing business teams worldwide - awed by the ppl I meet and work with (I'd say it's a Google-like pedigree/quality when it comes to ppl) 4) Easy access to founders - they're quite down to earth and reachable

Cons

1) Not a hardcore product firm, so sometimes playing catch up on product to firms in the valley 2) Large company (900+ folks) so there's some noise in the system - slowing execution in places

Advice to Management

Focus more on stable, best-in-class tech

Great business model and atmosphere

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InMobi

Pros

Great work ethic all around, people really enjoy their roles Three blocks from CalTrain, half a block from StarBucks Endless opportunity and flexibility Company pays for occasional trips to India Highly intelligent, brilliant coworkers Plenty of rooms for quiet seclusion Shipping address for delivery or pickup CEO and execs are active and present Occasional work from home available Office-wide social events Bring your dog to work, learning wallet, great benefits in general

Cons

Can be a little noisy, but the atmosphere is lively and intruiging Sometimes company wide meetings may be irrelevent to individual roles

Up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InMobi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing office / SOMA location Company culture Catered Lunch Growing company Career advancement opportunities No micromanagement - everyone is a team player

Cons

Global company, at times there is a disconnect with each region

Excited for the future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InMobi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at InMobi for a few months now and I could not be happier. The positive energy and entrepreneurial spirit in the office is contagious. I have heard some stories of what it was like in the past but they have obviously made the right changes and right hires over the past few months to fix those issues. It is a pleasure coming in to work every day and having the opportunity to work with such an inspiring and fun group of people. I am truly excited for the future of this company and cannot wait to be a part of what happens next. InMobian for life!

Cons

The only major downside is the time zone difference between the SF office and headquarters (bangalore). Both locations feel this is an issue and are therefore flexible with their time.

Advice to Management

I can tell that management has really taken past issues to heart and are making the right hires to create a positive shift. Keep it up!

Growing fast, things are changing

I have been working at InMobi

Pros

- Large engineering team - Smart people

Cons

- Disconnect with upper management - Roles seem too compartmentalized

Love my career!

Current Employee - Creative LEad in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Creative LEad in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InMobi full-time

Pros

I've been with InMobi for over 2 years and I love the work environment. The management has gone though some transitions but now I feel like we are in a great place. Love the flexible work schedule, travel and company culture. I can't see myself working anywhere else.

Cons

Any company has growing pains... we're going from startup to global player.

Advice to Management

Keep up the new commitment to creative and design

The most happening place to be in!

I have been working at InMobi full-time

Pros

Amazing work culture, fun @ work, cutting-edge technologies! There's a sense of belonging.

Cons

commute from South Bay to SF!

Great people, distant leadership

Former Employee - Technical Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Lead in San Francisco, CA

I worked at InMobi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people working out of this spacious modern office are wonderful, professionally and personally. Catered lunches and frequent social activities make working here fun. Colleagues from all areas of the business are extremely competent and strive for excellence.

Cons

Leadership located in India, and poor global communication makes company culture, priorities and goals largely inaccessible. Lots of turnover - while employed office population dropped from ~50 to ~18. Questionable market outlook and seems to be playing catchup in feature offerings.

Advice to Management

Improve global communication beyond quarterly business reviews - send stronger early signals re: market shifts and the company's response. Stop trying to do everything in-house technology-wise - there are people who have solved your problems before.

Awesome company to work for

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at InMobi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

awesome food and work life balance

Cons

nothing bad to say about this company

Advice to Management

go public so we can all cash out and buy our own islands

To describe this company with one word: Inept

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at InMobi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to learn a lot about the industry Catered lunches frequent office parties Employees are great people, with a few key mentors still around The InMobi Ad Network has tremendous global scale

Cons

The company actively engages in fabricating Glassdoor reviews (its embarrassingly obvious), which is extremely unethical. Many people were lied to about roles and responsibilities to get them in the door. The shortest tenured employee left in 2 weeks. They do not care about the employees, consistently downplaying real problems in the company and overblowing small “victories” that seem to exemplify InMobi as being a “winner” Favoritism is rampant, with people who add 0 value (sometimes detract value) staying on board simply because they praise the company shamelessly. The company went from being staffed at over 100+ to teetering barely over 20 in less than 2 years. After the IT manager quit they sent someone from India HQ to fill in temporarily. He came thinking he was there for 2 weeks and they forced him to stay there for over a quarter. This company does not care for its employees' well being. The company is only 5-6 years old and is already rife with political problem. Middle managers are completely out of touch and brown nose to the execs when they visit from their ivory tower. Consistently throw workers below them under the bus to save their own skin. The company launches too many products, claiming them as game changers while patting themselves on the back and celebrating their “genius,” all the while never doing Q&A. Most of them have one fatal flaw that renders them obsolete or useless. The product is swept under the rug and never spoken of again. See App Publish, Mediation, LTVP, Custom FSI Frames, App Galleries, and these are just the external products. Culture is set around the mantra “the beatings will continue until morale improves.” At one point they were making employees stay back until a certain time, in some misguided attempt to keep employees at the office longer, cultivating a culture through “quantity time” instead of Quality. Its some kind of twisted fantasy land. The compensation is absurdly low for anyone below middle management. Promised compensation changes are consistently pushed back another quarter, with backhanded/greedy tactics being employed to nickel and dime each and every employee. Either by adding pay raises in the form of “bonuses” (which should be considered insulting) or stalling til next quarter. InMobi fails to realize that when they pay low salaries, all the talented workers will leave for better jobs, and they will eventually get workers who deserve that low pay. The result of this practice has left them dependent on a few key competent workers supporting an entire network, once these people leave they will be replaced with rookies to the company and industry. They have shifted a lot of the responsibility of operational work to India, which may make sense from a budget standpoint but partners and clients don't like the idea of 8:00 AM/PM calls to accommodate the time difference.

Advice to Management

Stop treating this like an Indian company and start treating it like a global company. Employees shouldn't be considered expendable workhorses, working long hours for abusive managers to propagate some sort of fairy tale story. The company has closed a lot of funding in the past, you should spend it on your most valuable assets, your employees. The industry is small, other companies are starting to take notice that your turnover is unusually high.

RSS Feed </> Embed