InMotion Entertainment

2.3

Jeremy Smith

Inmotion

I worked at InMotion Entertainment

Pros

time off is a plus

Cons

compensation is less than ideal

Good Job, but as its downfalls

Former Employee - Key Holder/Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Key Holder/Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at InMotion Entertainment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers, management could be a little better, steady schedules, and decent pay for retail. Company has good values.

Cons

not easy to move up in positions in management or in company. in store training sucks, store manger was not a good example for associates, Assistant Manger had better training and understanding for associates.

Store manger needs to give their employees second changes, decide on his own terms, and not go straight to the company to decide to terminate a saying.

InMotion Entertainment Response

Nov 5, 2014Director of Human Resources

We are sorry to hear that you feel it was hard to move up with the company and that your Store Manager was not a good example.

We do have a promote from within culture, however in some markets
    ... More

Part Time: Great if you want a hands-on experience, but not something to stick with long term

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InMotion Entertainment part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great way to get hands-on experience on making sales
    Good place to network
    Great job to have to get over dealing with people

Cons

Inconsistent work hours conflict with Personal schedule
    Pay doesn't compensate the kind of people you deal with on the job
    Training doesn't really prepare you to try and make an Upsale
    Job doesn't compensate for time and money spent commuting via public transportation
    Lastly, the job doesn't really help improve skills in areas outside of sales and customer service

Good retail environment.

I worked at InMotion Entertainment

Pros

Great people to work with. Not just numbers driven.

Cons

Pay leaves a lot to be desired.

Pay people what they are worth.

Unethical Company

I worked at InMotion Entertainment

Pros

Not much. Get to learn about some cool Tech accessories, and I guess pay is about average for this sort of job.

Cons

Managers encourage you to be dishonest to hit sales goals. No work life balance. You are treated like a number, not a person. They claim to be about Great Customer service, but are really about screwing over the customer.

Treat your employees like people, and encourage honesty, not sales at any cost.

Exploitation of desperate people

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at InMotion Entertainment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very hard to think of any. Vendors treat employees better than Inmotion does with free products and good discounts through them directly. The people you work with can make it somewhat bearable.

Cons

If you want a consistent schedule, you might as well forget about it. Management will ensure schedule meets their need above anyone else. Long and unfair shifts with no break or relief. You can be expected to work 7+ hours straight with no break or relief from your shift. Large amounts of gross incompetence and shady business practices leading up to termination and underhanded methods of forcing someone to quit when they cannot be fired for any reason, I have seen this happen at least twice. .05%1% commission is laughable at best with hard if not unrealistic metrics to meet. No room for growth or wage increases. No vacation, PTO or Holidays off until first year is completed and it is an accrued balance. Gender diversity is absurd and unbalanced. Management is unqualified or unfit to be in their positions and have admitted to being fired from prior retail jobs and only hired in via lies and deceit. All stress from management is passed on to hourly employees who do not get paid enough to do this, $9/hr? Yeah. Hope you're ready for disappointment, that's all Inmotion is.

Have management on a store level be less self centered and competent. Keep up with current pay trends and benefits. More commission would give people an incentive to sling over priced product. Better scheduling and coverage will ensure employee retention and prevent violation of any kind of state or national labor laws. Consider treating what makes your company turning a profit a bit better and you will have a rating that isn't on par with McDonalds or any other throw away job that Inmotion employees wish they would have.

Worst Employer ever!!! I rather go to McDonalds!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sterling, VA

I have been working at InMotion Entertainment part-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are none pros, what's so ever. I can't even think of one.

Cons

Horrible pay, the worst management.

Change the style guiding and leading the team. Good leaders show, Great leaders join in.

Interested in going nowhere?

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at InMotion Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Discounts with other companies
    Ability to work independently
    Co-workers are nice

Cons

Pay is terrible
    No work/life balance (especially if you have a family)
    No opportunities to advance
    Shady management
    Favoritism

Worked at InMotion for years and pretty much gave up all of my time. Was asked to take more responsibility with running the store and train new employees. Come to find out, all of the newer employees have started out making more money than I do and when I asked for a raise, I was ignored. I've seen a great deal of shady behavior within the work environment and upper management only listens to what their store managers have to say. For the last two years, I've had to work on Mother's Day.... and I am the ONLY mother who works in my location. When asked if I could request off, I was told to switch to an earlier shift for that day because I was not permitted to call out or take off. Literally disgusted with this place. Do not waste your time.

Please be more considerate to those who actually work hard, sacrifice most of their time, and make your company money. Instead of hiring people from outside of the company to fill certain positions, promote from within and stop making those who have been there along the way feel used and useless. Management clearly has favorites and will do what they can to throw you under the bus when they need to save face.

Experts without the pay to match.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at InMotion Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Meeting new people, gaining knowledge, smack email.

Cons

Pay is not great, bonuses get slashed if UPT goal not met even though store hits goal. Managers get no incentives even though they are salesmen as well.

Please let managers get sales incentive as well..most of us make the majority of sales anyway while also managing the store.

Used to be amazing, now it's half miserable

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at InMotion Entertainment full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, good management (at store level), reasonably laid back environment. Potential to be awesome place to work.

Cons

Insulting bonuses in respect to how much we make the company (half of a percent), in which we only get if we make UPT quota; which, is the sole basis of the company. Couldn't care less about a $1,000 dollar sale unless you were able to add something onto it.

Go back to what retail is MAKING MONEY not focusing on how many items you can sell in a single transaction and what more base your job on it.