InSight Health

InSight Health Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Baumgartner

Treated me well but price of stock says it all.

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsMiddle management was great. Bonuses were great when you performed.

ConsLow stock price made me worry of future, downsizing was probably a blessing in disguise.

experience for the future

Medical Imaging (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsMet some really fantastic people who I was honored to work with. I was able to teach young technologists the right way to treat people

ConsThere are people in any company including this one that are taking advantage of others who are just trying to do the best they can.. They also have the responsibility to create an environment of safety.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hint from the employees and use any feedback as a way to improve things they mention.

Love my job!

Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) Mesa, AZ

ProsThis is a stable company, with great co-workers. I feel that my work is valued by my company & my patients. I feel like I can make a difference here.

ConsThere is a high level of stress in the healthcare field, partly because the business climate is changing & there is so much competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your employees in the field. Not everything that looks like a good idea on paper really works at the Center level. Trying to centralize everything will only distance the relationships that have taken years to build with referring physician's offices and could be the downfall of our Company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Troubled merger

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInsight had a very good year before the merger with CDI.

ConsPost merger has seen too many good people leave. There seems to be no focus on business results now. Since the merger, almost every location is performing worse.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Steady pay check and thats about it.

Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) Lake Forest, CA

ProsSenior management is mostly friendly, they are willing to listen to ideas or at least pretend like their listening. Operations support is excellent. Good communication, not micromanaged, casual environment.

ConsWholesale mobile side of business is struggling. No promotions, raises, or opportunity to advance. I excelled in my role and was never recognized. Commision plan signed at the beginning of employment was never paid out. Sales manager refused to discuss it and kept saying "I will take care of you" or "next quarter we are rewriting you plan"...in the end I never made a dime of commision as agreed to in offer letter. Layoffs were frequent and stability was always in question. The company was always behind the curve in establishing their price point for the market rsulting in lost business to the competition. Too much overhead has made insight uncompetative in a very difficult market.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to trim the fat from the bottom ranks. All the upper mangement could be cut in half. This is especially evident when making a critical decision that is time sensative. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians, to put it simply.

Stay away

Account Executive (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe base salary is reasonable and the benefits are decent.

ConsIncompetent senior management & unrealistic goals. "Boys Club" so as a female, there is no opportunity. HR dept does not protect their employees instead looks the other way.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit

New Techs - Make a lot of Money at Insight! Older Techs - Leave!

X-ray Tech (Former Employee) Oxnard, CA

ProsThe patients are always one of the reasons for working in the medical field.

ConsFavoritism with manager; inability to be cross-trained at all in any modality. New technologists make a lot more than older, longer-experienced technologists. Fair? Not at all, especially when new hires prove to be lazy and incompetent, avoiding work or finding excuses not to do the job for which they were hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you hire a new tech, just out of school, and pay him or her $5.00 an hour more than a long-term, loyal employee, you have a very serious problem with compensation models and employee appreciation. Sure, you may be competitive in the current market, but you also will lose your good, steady employees to other radiology groups.

Terrible management, Constantly in debt

ProsIt is in health care

ConsAwful management and CEO, this is one of the reasons that they have so much debt and keep filing for bankruptcy.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe board should have hired all new management, the best thing that this company could do is clean house and start with capable management. The CEO is terrible.

Must Have Brown Nose to Survive

Mobile (Former Employee)

Proshmmm.. good wage.. that's about it!

Cons*Corporate has NO clue what goes on in the field. MANY accounts have been lost due to incompetence of area managers.
    *Area managers play favorites BIG time and God help the ones not in the circle...
    *Big communication gap between corporate & the field that area managers should fill in, yet they don't
    *It became embarrassing to have to cover for management when they didn't show up for meetings with the clients
    *Biggest con: being expected to be gone from home 16-20 hours a day, 4 days a week (with no forethought to how accounts are really set up and the necessity of such ridiculousness)
    *Revolving door of CEOs........ but they always make ridiculous salaries no matter how far they run the company down

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate could learn a LOT if they ask the people in the field what is really going on.....If they fired the people who actually lost the accounts because of their incompetence instead of "eliminating" positions of the people DOING THE WORK, the company may not be in perpetual bankruptcy. Corporate really needs to wise up and see the area managers/upper management for what they really are...............

Corporate really should get out of their offices and get out in the field (all across the US) and make several unannounced visits to sites & to visit/find area managers. Area managers get a free pass every time and it's time that stops.

Good Company

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsThey treat their employees very well. Nice bonus plan...very attainable. Great corporate structure, CEO actually takes time to sit with new employees and knows your name. Not micromanaged at all...do your job and you're left alone! Management is all very knowledgeable and educated.

ConsI really didn't dislike anything about my job, but then again it truly depends on your manager. Mine was great. As with any company there is always competition when alliances between insurers/universities are formed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the financial issues fixed and get out of bankruptcy so you can continue to focus on patient care and getting this company back to being a profitable one.

Worked for InSight Health? Contribute to the Community!