InStile Acquisitions

Reset
3.4
InStile Acquisitions President and CEO Morgan Stiles
Morgan Stiles

1. Tremendous opportunity for professional and personal growth!

Current Employee - Trainer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Trainer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InStile Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clear career path with great opportunities
    Fast growth with the mentor-student coaching style
    Passionate and ambitious coworkers and fun corporate culture
    Proven system to help individuals to grow professionally and personally

Cons

If you are not hard working or can't find a way to motivate yourself, you will struggle with the job.

2. Awesome People and Job!

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InStile Acquisitions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting to travel, learn new techniques of business, meeting new people, positivity, bonuses, prizes, being able to advance in a position sooner than any other position I have held.

Cons

It was just a distance from my place

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

3. Expectations

I worked at InStile Acquisitions full-time

Pros

-Leadership Skills
    -Communication Skills
    -Environment is positive

Cons

-Pay
    -Hours
    -Door to door
    -Not for everyone

Advice to Management

-Managing expectations for workers

Fun Environment!!!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at InStile Acquisitions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, fun atmosphere, get to hang out and work at your own pace. Travel is offered, bonuses for contests for different sporting events. Positive atmosphere and makes you learn new interviewing and pr techniques.

Cons

Must be competitive but not anymore different cons here than anywhere else at least you can give time off.

Advice to Management

Keep going with the motivation!! Love it!

Great Beginning Position!!!

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InStile Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's different clients, open door policies to discuss different ventures in the business that you would be interested in. Travel opportunities and just learning a lot of entrepreneurship. This is the best job for beginners especially in helping self esteem and public speaking. It's great to add on your resume: pr, hr, interviewing, marketing, and customer service it's a great build up!

Cons

Disgruntled employees that give no insight to the position besides just being angry since they still remain without a position and want to blame past employers. The hours can get long but it's worth it just like any other job anywhere else. At least here your schedule is more flexible and you are given more time off when asked.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing... No company can burnnnn an individual... there's a million jobs out there if it doesn't fit your lifestyle or what you're looking for find something else don't blame any employer for your negativity.

7. Big Company with great capabilities

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at InStile Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of clients and opportunities.The atmosphere is very relaxed and comfortable.The most collegial place I've worked in terms of people. Everyone was very professional and cordial and global opportunities are always a pro.

Cons

Any large company is going to have pro's and con's it's normal. I would be more skeptic is everything seemed "perfect". So I accept and like the fact that not review is "sunshine and rainbows". My con is sometimes I worked long hours, but I excepted to do that building any career so it's not really a con. I appreciated everything I learned from this company.

Advice to Management

Find ways to make the work more challenging and encourage companies to take a more analytical thoughtful approach to dealing with brand management. Company culture is awesome, best I've seen in my professional career, so I have nothing bad to say- keep it up.

8. Door to Door

I worked at InStile Acquisitions full-time

Pros

Fun People, No Negativity in workplace..most of the time

Cons

If you commit your entire life to it you will be just fine. Work live balance is not even a thing. Work Saturdays and every week day until 8-9pm.

9. No Ethics, Little Pay, Lots of Deception

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Superior, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Superior, WI

I worked at InStile Acquisitions (Less than a year)

Pros

Any pro with this company are far outweighed by the cons. There is nothing unique about working here, such as skills or experience, that you cannot gain from working with a more legitimate company.

Cons

I have seen a lot of accusations on here that management writes fake reviews. I don't know whether that's true or not, but I know that at least some of the reviews are fake. I know that, because I wrote one of the other (positive) reviews on this site, and I didn't mean a word of what was written. My boss pulled me aside one morning at work, gave me her laptop, and told me to go post a positive review on here. Granted, she didn't force me to do it, but as a relatively new employee, I wasn't going to say no.
    Additionally, it's interesting that some of the positive reviews are written by people who claim to have worked here for more than a year. Turnover here is absolutely awful. Besides the HR director and the CEO, no one that I knew worked here for more than a year. The longest anyone ever lasted was approximately 7-8 months. I worked there for less than six months and probably saw upwards of 100 people come and go in that short time. Multiple new starts are hired every week, and the majority of them do not make it through the first month. The company culture is to try to make it seem like only the best will persevere, but realistically, the entire opportunity with this company is nothing more than smoke in mirrors. There are policies determining when and how people get promoted, but if the boss likes you or is desperate to promote someone, standards and policies get thrown out the window. I have never worked a more unethical "leader" or a more deceptive company.
    This company has and will outright lied to their employees about a variety of things, including what the position actually entails, when/if/how much you will be paid, and many other things. A lot of what they say isn't necessarily an outright lie, but it is definitely a major deception. Very few of the interviewers will paint a clear picture of what this position entails, most of them will be very vague and do anything they can do avoid disclosing that the position is essentially door to door sales, even if it does involve leads.
    Pay is arguably the biggest deception. In the interviews, you are told trainers make approximately $500-1000/week. Perhaps that has changed, but when I worked there, it was a good week if you brought home a $300 check. Additionally, I can't speak for everyone else in the company, but I know that I was never paid the full amount of the training pay despite having earned it, and once I quit I never received a dime from the company, meaning that I essentially worked my entire last month for free. Multiple people experienced similar issues where the boss ignores you, tries to claim that you didn't do sales, or flat out refuses to discuss where your paycheck is or why you didn't receive it. It's ironic because the boss regularly brags about her expensive vacations and her $3500 shoes, yet you would think she is bankrupt when it comes to trying to get paid, especially after you quit.

When I first interviewed for this company, I was very skeptical about starting after having read some of these reviews. Now, I realize that working for this company was a very expensive experience in learning what happens if you ignore all of the red flags about this company.

If you want to go door to door/"work warm leads" (and people have no idea that you are coming), take a 50/50 chance at earning a paycheck, work long hours in every type of weather, and work with the most self centered condescending boss that you will ever have the misfortune of working for, then apply here. Otherwise, you're better off continuing with your job search than wasting your time, money, and effort pursuing a "career" here.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your employees and deceiving them; they are not as stupid as you seem to think they are. Think about something more than your own personal gain for once and try genuinely caring about the people that are willing to sacrifice so much for your business. Additionally, I would probably stop with snarky responses to some of the reviews on here, it just shows people how much character and compassion that you are truly lacking.

Broken Promises. Bad Nightmare. Manipulative.

I worked at InStile Acquisitions full-time

Pros

interestin how in one post someone said they write fake reviews after they get bad ones. Looks like they did it again after June's reviews. The "CEO" lies to people's faces to get what she wants and also bad mouths anyone who isn't at the company anymore.

Cons

broken promises.

horrible/NO pay.

lies, deceit, fraud (id write more about this but i cant)

11. Marketing/Sales Intern

I worked at InStile Acquisitions full-time

Pros

None, door to door salesman job. Management will bamboozle you with incentives, but you are a grown up girl scout selling outdated software door to door.

Cons

DONT BE CONFUSED THIS IS A DOOR TO DOOR SALESMAN JOB! I joined with promise of high salary and promotion in an appointment only setting.... It is nothing like that. Pyramid scheme system with workers knocking on door after door to sell a subpar product. Don't make my mistake.

Advice to Management

Tell your prospective employees the whole truth, do not hide your reality!

RSS Feed </> Embed