InVue Security Products

Updated November 3, 2014
4.8

InVue Security Products President & CEO Jim Sankey
Jim Sankey

Invue is truly a welcome change of pace in my career

I have been working at InVue Security Products full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I’ve been with Invue for approximately 2 years and have had a very positive experience so far. While I don’t really care of the use of buzzwords, I will say that work with Invue is in fact dynamic, collaborative and culture focused (as others have noted). Despite the intense focus on performance and quality of work, management is generally very fair with regards to people’s personal time and ensuring a good work/home balance. Not that there aren’t occasional night and weekends to put in some additional time, but they tend to be the exception not the rule. If you are kind of personal that truly likes a collaborative work environment, Invue is definitely a place to consider… there is more peer to peer interaction every day at this company than I’ve ever experienced in my career. As others have mentioned, Invue is a financially healthy company and that drives a lot of positivity around the office and flexibility for us to challenge ourselves. I’ve worked in plenty of other environments where the financial limitations of the company preventing us from pushing limits and caused a lot of taking the “safe road”; I’ve never seen a hint of that here.

Cons

Our rapid growth and strong position in the market set a high bar for employee performance here, so the environment isn’t going to be for everyone. There’s plenty of pressure from management to get things done faster and more efficiently and some people are wired to “enjoy” that type of working pace more than others. If you don’t like to be pushed (sometimes out of your comfort zone), this may not be the type of place you’d want to work.

Growing company with strong commitment to R&D, its customers, and its employees.

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at InVue Security Products full-time (more than an year)

Pros

InVue is a privately owned, financially stable, and debt free company that has a proven history of growth and innovation. It sounds like a tag line, but over the past 5 years, InVue has grown an average of 20% year on year . The sense of community inside the work environment is strong and a refreshing change from other places I've been. Another big draw for me was the quick development cycles which means I get to work on different things quite often.

Cons

Since InVue is growing quickly, there are associated growing pains. Our engineering department size is a direct reflection of that growth as we have expanded somewhat proportionally too. With that growth comes the challenges of remaining efficient and nimble. As we grow, we are having to develop and implement processes (where necessary) to continue to foster the efficiency that we've historically had. Not all changes are welcome changes, but it comes with the territory and I think InVue has done a good job of only implementing processes where they are beneficial.

We need to ensure our metrics are truly measuring what we think they are and we need to evaluate our incentives to make sure they are encouraging the desired behaviors.

Great place for entrepreneurial innovators.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at InVue Security Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growth oriented with focus on achievement and results. Invests in people and company. Encourages personal risk and experimentation. High integrity management with great values and expects honest candid dialog on the issues. Open door policy and politics at a bare minimum, means the best ideas move forward regardless of authorship and lesser ideas get killed before taking up precious resources that could have been better served elsewhere. finger-pointing not tolerated but taking responsibility and performing lessons learned sessions is the expectation.

Cons

Not a great place to work if you are just looking for a 9-5 job where you can just be on "cruise control."

Continue to focus on recognition of the right behaviors of employees when observed, even when the activity has not resulted in an actual "win" yet.

Love it. There are opportunities to innovate in every department.

I have been working at InVue Security Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can make things happen here. You see results quickly. We are constantly evolving, so the challenges are not repetitive. And you really get to experience the impact of your decisions and performance.

Cons

None really. But if you are looking for a basic 8 to 5 job or if you prefer a lot of external structure and processes, this may not be the right place for you.

One of the best experiences as an intern.

Current Employee - Finance & Talent Acquisition Specialist Intern in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at InVue Security Products as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Amazing Environment
    - Highly cooperative Managers
    - Numerous off-work engaging acitivities
    - Umpteen channels of learning

Cons

- Sponsorship is something InVue should start considering

- Keep growing and develop stratgies to sustain the growth attained so far

Excellent company

I have been working at InVue Security Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fast growth, solid benefits, good salaries

Cons

Because of fast past good people can sometimes be overlooked or left out. New structure to support growth has also segmented the company and made it a little more political

Ensure "teams" are not making decisions in a vacuum

InVue Security Products Photos