Incline Village Reviews

1.9

CEO

Good summer work, though pay could be better, and management are stiff

Former Employee - Lifeguard  in  Incline Village, NV
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Incline Village, NV

I worked at Incline Village

Pros

A nice way to stay at Lake Tahoe for the summer.

Cons

The company (IVGID) does not honor dedication, and in several instances, have treated long-time employees as if they were new-hires. In particular, the management have little people-sense, are much too authoritative, and treat employees as if they were expendable.

While I was working at the company, there was a palpable sense that the management and staff were enemies. Better communication would surely improve the situation. Also, a new director for Parks and Recreation should probably be sought.

Money and benefits aren't everything

I worked at Incline Village

Pros

Beautiful location, great facilities, good compensation, excellent benefit package, a variety of recreational facilites including beaches, golf course, ski area, skate board park, disc golf course

Cons

An elected Board of Trustees completely dysfunctional that panders to the needs of the vocal minority. They direct the Upper Management who is focused on doing whatever is necessary to remain employed. Lastly a vocal group both in front of and behind the scenes with sense of entitlement and pure self interest. 4 key staff defections in a six month time period. In corporate america that would tell someone there are issues. Not here, the board casually looks the other way. An example of the insanity of government at its finest!

Set a course of action based on the needs of the entire community and follow it. Amend it if needed but have the courage to say no. Most of us are very happy with what we recieve. My concern is that because of your short sightedness and you will destroy the assets you are charged with protecting and eliminate the staff members that really care about service.
    You have already listened to your "community experts" at the golf courses. How has it worked? Don't destroy the ski hill or the recreation center the same way. Listen to the real experts you have on your staff.

Worked for Incline Village? Contribute to the Community!