Incyte

Be The First To
Add Photos

Incyte President, CEO and Director Paul A. Friedman

Paul A. Friedman

Growing company with great people and a lot of potential

ProsGreat benefits, no middle management overage issues that you'll find in big pharma, opportunity to take on larger role is there as you're asked to do more here based on their current growth rate and lack of headcount. Internal promotions seem to be part of the climate.

ConsTighter timelines then I have ever experienced in this industry. You are asked to do more with less.

Advice to Senior ManagementGenerally pleased. Would welcome opportunity for a remote 1/2 day to help work-life balance.

GREAT Place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsGreat team of people, very supportive visionary management, very progressive company

Consnone that I can think of

Advice to Senior Managementwish Incyte Genomics were still around

Very busy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshigh pay, great benefits, free parking

Consthe environment is extremely stressful

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stressed and overworked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsPay but even this was not a "Pro" due to exteme work hours. If converted to hourly wages, would not have made minimum wage!!

ConsStressful work environment with unsupportive management, at times actually standing over you while you work. Needless to say, dysfunctional and demanding bosses, with a work/life of ziltch life.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt the very least, treat your employees as you would want to be treated and work the hours that you demand of them.

Great for growth

Technical Support Manager (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsAlways considered for internal promotions, they really identified the strengths of the worker and tried to promote those. There was mutual respect and the environment fostered dedication and hard work.

ConsLimited company size and change in business direction caused a lot of layoffs. This would have been a great company to stick with long term, but they decided to pull out of the area where I live.

Good benefits but work environment not worth it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsThe company has good benefits and pay

ConsAbrasive treatment from management so much so that it’s a revolving door for administrative coordinators and HR sits in on departmental meetings to preempt the bad behavior

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect is a two-way street

Good old times!

Developer (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsI worked in the product development division of Incyte when they were selling genomic databases. Everyone had a good time, customers were paying $M for data, not the low quality software that went with it, but hey everyone got to bask in the glory.

ConsProduct development was run by a bunch of people who had never done it before, and the majority of the engineers were contractors.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo you think they are really going to read my 20 words and act on it? I seriously doubt dear!

satisfied

Prossmall efficient working environment stress the result of work not the process, whole package of compensation is fine

Consfollowing orders not much career development

Advice to Senior Managementmore training opportunities

Worked for Incyte? Contribute to the Community!