Indeed Reviews

Updated August 15, 2014

3.1

Indeed CEO Hisayuki Idekoba
Hisayuki Idekoba

Pros
  • To start, there are catered lunches, bagel Fridays, and happy hours galore (in 18 reviews)

• Free Food, Games, Flexibility, Young Employees (average age around 26), (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • You are highly micromanaged and must make unrealistic call quotas of 60 calls every day (in 15 reviews)

• You create every single lead that you eventually call as there is NO LEAD GENERATION (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture and it is a great place to start working out of college. I was lucky to become good friends with a lot of my coworkers because we were around the same age and had similar interests.

Cons

Management states that they care about their employees' career goals but they aren't fond of you expressing interest in a different department within the company. It's also unfortunate that San Mateo only has a sales presence so there aren't other areas that you can explore.

Less than satisfactory

I worked at Indeed

Pros

Great start up environment with free food and drinks provided. Lunch is also catered on wednesdays.

Cons

Upper level management is very disconnected. Was literally told "if you do not get hung up on at least 5 times a day you're not doing your job right.."

Horrible Company

I worked at Indeed

Pros

They usually hire people without experience, which is good for those desperately looking for a part-time job.

Cons

Irregularities and ilegal retaliaton against good employees are ignored or justified by their Human Resources and directors.

Learn professionalism.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Beware Of Sales Department

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

At first the overall feel of this company is great. Free food, young culture and lots of activities. If you enjoy repetitive work then this is right place for you.

Cons

I look back on my time with Indeed and can honestly say that is was the most stressful work environment I have every been in. I was wondering why it was so easy to get a sales job at Indeed and then I realized that people drop like flies at this company due to many reasons. In my first two weeks of employment 7 people left and 2 people got fired.

Lead Generation: There is none. If you'd like to see what the Indeed sales floor looks like just turn on the Discovery channel and watch a bunch of starving lions fight over a piece of meat. Salesman will do anything to get what you have worked hard for and I was back stabbed many times. When people leave or get fired their prospects normally would get distributed out among your sales team, but if you are buddy buddy with a manager you will receive 50%+ of the leads or more. I made quota on a regular basis and I had worse salesman get 5 times as many leads as me.

Management: They are not capable of producing a healthy work environment. If you don't hit your 60 call minimum everyday you better believe that there will be a email waiting for you when you get home from work titled "Time to Find A New F&*King Job?!?!" from your manager...true personal experience.

If you are planning on interviewing or considering a job with this company please do yourself a favor and keep looking. Do what ever it takes to avoid Indeed.com as your employer.

No Career Path: There isn't one....it's as simple as that. You have better chances at getting promoted at Wal-Mart then you do here.

Please stop trying to sugar coat the truth and tricking people into working for you. It's destroying your reputation and your quickly becoming a black eye on the face of the Silicon Valley.

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a great company with a lot of growth. Fun atmosphere with young people and the ability to move up quickly. Easy product to sell in an exploding market.

Cons

Very little lead gen. Managers are not the best. A robotic job, calling and calling and calling. You will get fatter because of all the free snacks. Hard to hit quotas with limited leads.

Add a better lead gen system to get good ops int he hands of good reps. Better work life balance.

Great company no real career path

Current Employee - Senior Client Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Senior Client Support Specialist

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tons of growth in sales, smart teammates that you can learn from,

Cons

open space (no real privacy), no career path, compensation could use some work

Reward those who work hard not just those you "like"... Invest in your staff

Great growing company poised to explode...get in now!

Current Employee - National Account Manager
    Current Employee - National Account Manager

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Market Leader with amazing technology and brand recognition
    Fast growing with new things coming
    Great culture
    Best co-workers
    Fair compensation - no caps on commissions -- earn what you deserve.
    Opportunities for travel & promotion
    C-Players are quickly weeded out

Cons

The company is growing aggressively. So there is not a lot of tolerance for the lazy or slow or those who don't like being challenged... Be warned, if you don't have high energy or can't adapt, then this isn't the place for you.

Bring the company public

Client Services Intern

Former Employee - Client Services Intern
    Former Employee - Client Services Intern

I worked at Indeed as an intern for less than a year

Pros

great culture, teams are friendly and helpful, management is responsive to employees

Cons

work on client services can be tedious and repetitive

diversify tasks for CS team

Extremely unhealthy work environment.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros - Gain experience getting on the phone and getting comfortable with overcoming objections. Gain experience juggling more than you think you can productively handle.

Cons

Cons - I regret to report that while a lot of the reviews for Indeed are negative, they are true and should not be ignored. During my time at Indeed, I worked hard, did my best to build good relationships with my peers, and did my best to remain positive among all of the turmoil in the California office and company as a whole has had. The perception is that the environment in the California office has gotten bad over the last year or so, but the reality is that it has always been that way. The turnover has been an issue since the birth of the office. It is my strong opinion that it is a mistake to think that this environment has been created by the lower and mid-level management. The reality is that a big cause is the poor and disconnected upper leadership.

People feel intimidated when resigning knowing how mid-level management will react. Leadership openly speaks poorly about reps that leave, even the reps that were top talent and worked hard everyday. Luckily those that have made the decision to leave drive away feeling relieved and that a toxic weight has been lifted off of them physically and mentally. Indeed continues to scratch their heads and question "why are you leaving?". It is insanity. To continue to treat people the same way after it has been more than clear that it doesn't work and yet expect different results. They are in denial that a person may actually want to leave to work for a better company culture, regardless if Indeed is looked at as a superior product. Fortunately, the bay area talent doesn't have to settle for Indeed's poor culture and mediocre pay. There are tons of companies out there with great products and most importantly healthy, strong, and positive work environments.

I shared my advice during my time there and it fell on def ears. I was actually scolded for sharing and most importantly caring about creating a better environment. I will never put up with the type of management and leadership style I had to endure during my time there ever again in my career...because I don't have to.

Great company to buy from, good company to work for

I have been working at Indeed full-time

Pros

Product is well-received in the marketplace. Culture is young, technology driven and evolving.

Cons

Compensation plan is based on click revenue and therefore any ebbs or flows inside of accounts directly impact your earnings. Very hard to have solid quarters back-to-back, as it only takes one account to go down or pause to throw off your number. Very aggressive quotas- 40% growth expected YOY

Reconsider compensation plan and prioritize national sales over inside teams.

Worked for Indeed? Contribute to the Community!