Indeed Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
3.1

Indeed CEO Hisayuki Idekoba
Hisayuki Idekoba

Pros
  • To start, there are catered lunches, bagel Fridays, and happy hours galore (in 18 reviews)

• Free Food, Games, Flexibility, Young Employees (average age around 26), (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • You are highly micromanaged and must make unrealistic call quotas of 60 calls every day (in 15 reviews)

• You create every single lead that you eventually call as there is NO LEAD GENERATION (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Great People, Slow to Innovation

Current Employee - Interaction Designer  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Interaction Designer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch, spacious office, bonuses

Cons

Slow to change, the status quo is quite engrained. Office is out in the middle of no where on 360. Lower than industry average compensation. Outlook for promotion is not that great.

Be more open to Innovation. Allow employees to challenge the status quo. Empower employees to become better with career advancement and skill development. Promote employees internally rather than hiring externally. Pay industry average wages.

Good company. But not as competitive as companies in SV

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Indeed as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good working environment and work balance.
    Nice and smart colleagues.
    Free food.
    Interesting projects for interns.
    Engineering team is growing. A lot of opportunies await.

Cons

Decent salary for jobs in Austin. But not as competitve as the salary offered from companies in silicon valley.
    Not easy to attract new grads from top universities.

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture and it is a great place to start working out of college. I was lucky to become good friends with a lot of my coworkers because we were around the same age and had similar interests.

Cons

Management states that they care about their employees' career goals but they aren't fond of you expressing interest in a different department within the company. It's also unfortunate that San Mateo only has a sales presence so there aren't other areas that you can explore.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wasn't for me

Former Employee - Content Marketing Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Content Marketing Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Indeed full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great breakfast
    - Desk was near windows

Cons

- Lunch food was odd and didn't taste good
    - Difficult to get to restaurants
    - Rare that people would take more than 15-20 mins for lunch
    - Office had ugly DIY decor
    - No real culture- no happy hours or team activities (sitting at our desks w a beer didnt count)
    - Difficult commute unless you live nearby
    - Ghost writing was not something I was told I'd be doing when I got hired
    - Normal to sit at your desk til 6:30-7pm (but for no reason)

Just terrible

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Indeed full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Base Salary 45-50k
    Bonus Plan is good
    commissions are good
    free beer after six
    catered lunches sometimes
    team happy hours

Cons

Terrible management (no training and provides no training to their employees
    No Lead generation what so ever (If someone leaves the manager passes out leads to whoever he or she likes)
    People here are terrible. Very catty atmosphere. A lot of he said, she said,
    Very Abrasive Management
    Terrible CRM
    Stupid business rules
    Management makes statement like well John is doing well must be something wrong with you
    Expected to be prospecting even when you are not working (ie weekends and after 6:00PM
    You will sell your soul working here
    Very cutthroat environment due to shortage of leads
    Territories make no sense
    Managers will only accompany you on demos if you are they're drinking partner
    Managers try to sway you from taking your lunch break when you're not doing so well. "When I was doing as bad as you, I never took lunch as an account executive
    Management is so removed from pain points of sales people- People coming in from other companies to manage a product they don't know anything about
    Also, just because an account executive sold well during his or her tenure does not make the person qualified to be a manager.

Do the job and see how hard it is to find leads, conduct demos, and close business. Shut the fu**up if you can't and get off your high horse.
    Provide training and a viable career path and stop making people so miserable.

Less than satisfactory

I worked at Indeed

Pros

Great start up environment with free food and drinks provided. Lunch is also catered on wednesdays.

Cons

Upper level management is very disconnected. Was literally told "if you do not get hung up on at least 5 times a day you're not doing your job right.."

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a great company with a lot of growth. Fun atmosphere with young people and the ability to move up quickly. Easy product to sell in an exploding market.

Cons

Very little lead gen. Managers are not the best. A robotic job, calling and calling and calling. You will get fatter because of all the free snacks. Hard to hit quotas with limited leads.

Add a better lead gen system to get good ops int he hands of good reps. Better work life balance.

Beware Of Sales Department

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

At first the overall feel of this company is great. Free food, young culture and lots of activities. If you enjoy repetitive work then this is right place for you.

Cons

I look back on my time with Indeed and can honestly say that is was the most stressful work environment I have every been in. I was wondering why it was so easy to get a sales job at Indeed and then I realized that people drop like flies at this company due to many reasons. In my first two weeks of employment 7 people left and 2 people got fired.

Lead Generation: There is none. If you'd like to see what the Indeed sales floor looks like just turn on the Discovery channel and watch a bunch of starving lions fight over a piece of meat. Salesman will do anything to get what you have worked hard for and I was back stabbed many times. When people leave or get fired their prospects normally would get distributed out among your sales team, but if you are buddy buddy with a manager you will receive 50%+ of the leads or more. I made quota on a regular basis and I had worse salesman get 5 times as many leads as me.

Management: They are not capable of producing a healthy work environment. If you don't hit your 60 call minimum everyday you better believe that there will be a email waiting for you when you get home from work titled "Time to Find A New F&*King Job?!?!" from your manager...true personal experience.

If you are planning on interviewing or considering a job with this company please do yourself a favor and keep looking. Do what ever it takes to avoid Indeed.com as your employer.

No Career Path: There isn't one....it's as simple as that. You have better chances at getting promoted at Wal-Mart then you do here.

Please stop trying to sugar coat the truth and tricking people into working for you. It's destroying your reputation and your quickly becoming a black eye on the face of the Silicon Valley.

Horrible Company

I worked at Indeed

Pros

They usually hire people without experience, which is good for those desperately looking for a part-time job.

Cons

Irregularities and ilegal retaliaton against good employees are ignored or justified by their Human Resources and directors.

Learn professionalism.

Great growing company poised to explode...get in now!

Current Employee - National Account Manager
    Current Employee - National Account Manager

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Market Leader with amazing technology and brand recognition
    Fast growing with new things coming
    Great culture
    Best co-workers
    Fair compensation - no caps on commissions -- earn what you deserve.
    Opportunities for travel & promotion
    C-Players are quickly weeded out

Cons

The company is growing aggressively. So there is not a lot of tolerance for the lazy or slow or those who don't like being challenged... Be warned, if you don't have high energy or can't adapt, then this isn't the place for you.

Bring the company public

Worked for Indeed? Contribute to the Community!