Independent Bank (MI)

Independent Bank (MI) Reviews

Updated April 5, 2014
Updated April 5, 2014
3.1

Independent Bank (MI) President, CEO, and Director Michael M. Magee Jr.
Michael M. Magee Jr.

Good Place to work

I worked at Independent Bank (MI)

Pros

I enjoyed working for Independent Bank. My immediate boss was understanding and a great manager. The pay was decent and benefits were good.

Cons

I know when I was there there was no tuition reimbursement. That would have been nice to have in order to advance more

When I was laid off due to reorganizing the structure of the company, I did feel the meeting with HR was a little cold, slightly rushed

Advanced Planning in IT minimal

Former Employee - IT Management  in  Ionia, MI
    Former Employee - IT Management in Ionia, MI

I worked at Independent Bank (MI) full-time

Pros

There were many good people who worked here but the only reason things didn't fall apart on a daily, instead of weekly/monthly basis is because of constant heroics by the team.

Cons

There seems to be no strategic planning in the IT area. It's all one fire drill after another.

Hire more people and start handling more IT related tasks internally. Start enforcing change control and maintenance windows.

IT is not indicative of how the whole company operates.

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President  in  Ionia, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Ionia, MI

I worked at Independent Bank (MI) full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some great people who work for the company and I've always been impressed in my dealings with the new CEO. They also are willing to put a lot of money into ensuring their IT systems are top of the line.

Cons

Although they are willing to spend on IT systems they are not willing to spend on more IT personnel which is the real need. Most companies their size have an IT staff of double what they have. IT also needs to implement maintenance schedules, testing systems, and change management to keep systems from going down so frequently.

Increase IT staff, bringing in thoughts and ideas on how things are run at other locations and listen to their suggestions and opinions. Stop spending so much on new technological solutions and try to make better use of the solutions you do have. Invest in training the talent you currently have.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High pay but way to much stress.

Current Employee - Teller  in  Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Teller in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at Independent Bank (MI)

Pros

As a teller I made more then any other teller i knew at other banks. I made 3.00 more an hour then the 2nd highest paying bank. Lots of over-time.

Cons

computers always down. Open 7 days a week from 7:30 am till 8:00 pm m-f saturday and sunday 8 am- 6 pm... Long days because you only get on brake and its your lunch. Your shifts are 9 hrs a day and with a hour lunch its 10 hours.

Take better care of your employees.

Great People in a struggling company

Current Employee - Teller  in  Ionia, MI
    Current Employee - Teller in Ionia, MI

I have been working at Independent Bank (MI)

Pros

Great customer service philosophy. Good bank products. Selling is not pushed on customers, and instead is focused on cross-selling technique. Friendly Michigan-local bank.

Cons

Current salary freeze in company (as of fall 2010). Bank is not currently growing so not many opportunities for new hires or promotions.

Needs to work on rewarding good employees.

great experience

Former Employee - Teller
    Former Employee - Teller

I worked at Independent Bank (MI)

Pros

-Great chance for promotion.
    -Ability to meet and work with great people
    -Never a dull atmosphere, new and exciting people every day

Cons

-High level of responsibility
    -Occasionally have to work on the weekends
    -Must possess strong ability to maintain a cash drawer

Great leadership all the way from the branch level to senior management level. I feel they do a great job of providing leadership for the company.

Good company

I have been working at Independent Bank (MI)

Pros

It is a great company to work for. Lots of benefits and leave time available. You will have a lot of fun working here

Cons

Less the ordinary pay scale. Very few management postions that are available to the employees. There is a little bit of improvement in the past 2 months.

make it fun, easy and enjoyable to work. having a better career management plan will really help employees feel motivated

Worked for Independent Bank (MI)? Contribute to the Community!