Independent Capital Management

Updated January 21, 2015
4.5

Independent Capital Management President & CEO Drew Marloe
Drew Marloe

Unlimited growth potential with a great support system!

Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great payout with bonuses!
    Only promotes from within.
    teamwork environment, everybody is happy to help.

Cons

Not a lot of people know about this company.

Great place to start a career in the financial services industry!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Independent Capital Management

Pros

Gives each employee the opportunity to grow a self-sustaining business from the ground up. There is also ongoing education about new products/services as this industry is constantly changing. Managers offer support and structure to become successful.

Cons

Must be willing to learn and demonstrate personal growth. It is up to each individual employee to generate new business contacts and/or referrals.

Great Professional Opportunity

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I believe that if you are an outgoing professional who is self-motivated this is a great place to continue a career. The management staff is extremely helpful, supportive and most importantly available to new hires.

Cons

As with any other commission based job, it's a considerable time investment for not as much return in the beginning but, this is temporary.

Quicker health care and 401k options.

Independent Capital Management Response

Jan 16, 2015President

Our health care coverage eligibility is based on completing thirty (30) days of continued full-time employment and we match 25% on 401(k) contributions with two (2) entry dates per year. Eligibility ... More

My experience with Independent Capital Management has been awesome!

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Irvine, CA

Pros

Independent Capital Management (ICM) is a great place to start your career as a financial advisor. The management team is extremely helpful and gives you all of the proper guidance in order to make you successful. Some of the great aspects about working here are: your schedule is completely flexible because you work on your own time. The compensation structure is generous and there are many incentives for production such as bonuses and company trips. ICM takes a team approach when analyzing cases which helps in creating comprehensive solutions for clients . ICM is an independent firm which means there is no proprietary agenda. This gives the advisors an ethical advantage because there is no conflict of interest with the clients. ICM is a full-service financial firm so advisors can help with any client's financial needs. There is opportunity to grow your career because the objective of management is to guide advisors into becoming a manager.

Cons

Being a financial advisor is extremely difficult because it takes hard work and many intangible attributes to be successful.

Keep up the good work.

Rewarding!

Current Employee - Rep in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Rep in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Independent Capital Management

Pros

This is much different from a 9 to 5 job. Flexible hours are great. I can run an errand on a weekday. You are building your own business. Helping others is the most rewarding aspect about ICM. Come on board.

Cons

Hard work. Need to be persistent.

Share stories.

Great work environment all around!

I have been working at Independent Capital Management

Pros

ICM has a great training program! The training is very hands on and they really prepare you to succeed in your career. They provide you with all the tools and knowledge you need to excel and help clients. There is a lot of growth potential in this company. The harder you work the faster you can get promoted and move up within the company. The company doesn't hire outside managers, so you can only get promoted from within. Overall the company is a great one to work with. I feel like I'm a valued employee. It's small so I can get one on one time with my manager if necessary and if I need help I know someone will be there to assist me.

Cons

Due to the nature of the business you may have to meet with clients outside of the 9-5 time frame and sometimes on weekends. Traveling outside of the office to hold client meetings is also common.

Rewarding work experience!

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Irvine, CA

Pros

What I like most about ICM is that they offer you a career. Many people switch jobs a few times in their working career, but many employees have been here since they graduated college. I personally expect to be here long-term and continue to build my book of business.

Here at ICM, your success is directly correlated to the amount of work you put in. In that sense, you get to decide how successful you are. As you can imagine, there is a lot of growth potential and there is no limit to what you can be earning!

This is not your typical 9-5 job. Your hours are flexible so it's important to have self-motivation. On the bright side, you don't have to worry about conflicts in scheduling visits to the doctor or unexpected events that may come up.

There are weekly meetings run by the management team to keep you up to date with changes in the financial industry so you are constantly learning new things and building upon your wealth of knowledge!

Last but not least, AMAZING office environment. Everyone works extremely hard but are also very friendly and there to help you if you need it. There is a great sense of teamwork that drives everyone to excel individually.

Cons

Sometimes, it gets a bit chilly in the office but it keeps you awake!

Financial Adviser Position

Pros

The training and management development program here is superb. It is the perfect to place begin a career in finance as it will equip with the tools and skills necessary to flourish as an adviser.

Cons

Be prepared to make many phone calls.

great environment, helpful managers

I have been working at Independent Capital Management

Pros

ICM is a great company that provides thorough training from the start. Whatever point you are in your career ICM's training prepares you for the field. There are also opportunities to advance, which I appreciate. The managers provide enough structure while allowing you to work independently, and are always willing to help. My co-workers are fun people to be around and keep the day entertaining. I can honestly say I enjoy coming into work.

Cons

sometimes late days are necessary

Great company to work for. I've always been treated with the upmost respect

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Irvine, CA

Pros

I am able to do all of my responsibilities and duties in a friendly, supportive and ethical environment. There are lots of opportunities for advancement as well as high earning potential. I specially appreciate the continuous training and company sponsored regulatory courses. High image office. Convenient location. Free parking

Cons

I can't think of any cons. ICM is an awesome company to work for.

Management is wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Independent Capital Management Photos