Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America

Dave Evans

1. independent insurance associates

Current Employee - Broker, Director in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Broker, Director in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

my own agency,overall control of destiny

Cons

staffing,personnel,loyalty and likeness to be successful

Lack of training and lack of compassion lead to an equality issue lay-off

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great for networking - Good place to get information on all types of insurances across the country - Helping out the "mom and pop" insurance companies across the US through IIABA's Trusted Choice branding

Cons

- Lack of training for new employees; they expect you to understand what your job entails and what is expected of you without explaining anything up front - Lack of compassion when newer employees ask for help; I was left at the biggest conference of the year on my own for more than 3 hours with no direction or aid in what was expected of me - ended up introducing myself to random people just to get names however, my supervisor reprimanded me later for not introducing myself to the "right" people - how was I supposed to know who those "right people" were without introduction or even just a point in the right direction? - Basically, the best way to describe it is as follows: it's as if the management hands you lemon and says to you "Now, with this lemon, I want you to make pink lemonade. BUT - I'm not going to tell you what ingredients to use, where those ingredients are located, where the glasses are, where the spoons are, where the pitcher is or the ice cubes or the food coloring - but you have to make it EXACTLY the way I want it and PERFECTLY your first try without mistakes or any help whatsoever. GO" - If you are seeking an employer who believes in EQUALITY and won't utilize the lack the discrimination policies in the state of Virginia, DO NOT APPLY HERE (speaking from personal experience). Co-workers are fine, but management is against it.

Advice to Management

Train your new employees - don't just expect them to take off running when they have no direction to run in, let alone material to run with. You can't expect perfection from someone that doesn't even understand their job title yet.

3. great company

Current Employee - Agent in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Agent in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America

Pros

pleasant working environment, great staff

Cons

advancement opportunity could be better

Advice to Management

great company

5. Producing?

Current Employee - Insurance Producer in Saint John, IN
    Current Employee - Insurance Producer in Saint John, IN

I have been working at Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America

Pros

Ability to go after and get involved in a lot of different aspects in commercial and personal lines of insurance.

Cons

depending on the owners, it can be a bad field, it also doesnt help the current gov't is putting the clamps to a lot of commercial companies either.

Advice to Management

Furlough!

6. Dependds on the Agent

Current Employee - Office Manager
    Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America

Pros

Choose wisely working for the right independent agent can be rewarding and can be a flexible job.

Cons

Small companies often mean little or no job security and little opportunity for career advancement.

Advice to Management

None

RSS Feed </> Embed