Indian River State College Reviews

CEO

1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Indian River State College (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great environment to work

Cons

There are not enough full-time jobs

2. Testing Assistant

Current Employee - Testing Assistant in Fort Pierce, FL
    Current Employee - Testing Assistant in Fort Pierce, FL

I have been working at Indian River State College part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work; like a family. Enjoyable work atmosphere, pleasant. Most employees spend a lifetime there and retire after 30 years.

Cons

Hard to move from part-time to full-time unless you have connections. Some departments have controlling employees who are given full reign over the office.

3. Advisor Specialist - Guidance Office

Former Employee - Advisory Specialist in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Advisory Specialist in Littleton, CO

I worked at Indian River State College (Less than a year)

Pros

enjoyed working with non-traditional students in their quest for a better life through education

Cons

long hours on my feet...was expecting a baby at the time and the standing was difficult

Advice to Management

change the layout of the guidance office to be more user friendly

5. ASC Tutor

Current Employee - Academic Support Center Adjunct Instructor in Fort Pierce, FL

I have been working at Indian River State College part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work that ASC tutors do really makes a difference for the students. The schedule is also very flexible.

Cons

Some of rules that you have to follow seem to little point and the same can be said for some of the programs we have to support.

Advice to Management

The tutors should have more leeway to make the review session schedules because the tutors are more aware of the timelines and what the students want.

6. Fun Job

Former Employee - Cashier in Vero Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Vero Beach, FL

I worked at Indian River State College part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Upbeat interesting place to work. I enjoyed interacting with the IRSC staff as well as the students. BUSY!

Cons

Not enough help during Spring and Fall Registration...difficult to control inventory.

Advice to Management

Provide Phone assistance and help to stock books during peak times

7. Library Technical Assistant

Current Employee - Library Assistant in Stuart, FL
    Current Employee - Library Assistant in Stuart, FL

I have been working at Indian River State College (More than 10 years)

Pros

Love being around the academic life. Has been a great place to work for the last ten years part time.

Cons

Very hard to advance in the company. Pigeon hole employees into jobs that are not sustainable for living in today's economy.

8. adjunct position

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Fort Pierce, FL
    Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Fort Pierce, FL

I have been working at Indian River State College (More than a year)

Pros

flexibility; good salary; nice environment

Cons

large classes; av problems occasionally

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

9. great

Pros

very friendly environment, many people work their entire careers here.

Cons

none, great place with great salaries!

Advice to Management

10. GREAT JOB! EVEN BETTER BENNEFITS!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Pierce, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Pierce, FL

I have been working at Indian River State College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management is understanding and treat employees very well. I work as a full time staff member in the adminstration building and as an adjunct instructor a few nights a week. I get the opportunity to see how the college function in multiple departements and campuses. It is a really wonderful place with great culture and wonderful people that truely care about the students and the college successs.

Cons

It is a state agency, and like any government run operations there are policies that must be followed. If you can't follow the policies this may not be the place for you. Other than that, I cannot think of anything that would make it a bad place to work. (Also the policies are standard business/public policies)

11. Rewarding, stress-free part-time academic job.

Current Employee - Academic Support Center Adjunct Instructor in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Academic Support Center Adjunct Instructor in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Indian River State College part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I 'm an adjunct instructor employed in the Academic Support Center at Indian River State College. I work on the Mueller (Vero Beach) campus which is 5 minutes from my home. Very chill environment in the Academic Support Center (like "Cheers" without the beer). Appreciative and accommodating ASC manager who really tries to utilize each instructor's particular talents. I go home with a good feeling at the end of the day knowing I've helped quell a student's academic confusion or anxiety.

Cons

Twenty hour a week maximum for adjuncts. No discount for classes. Tech issues with lab's computers are not always resolved in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

Need a uniform training protocol for dress code, cell phone use, advising students, administering/grading remedial student prescriptions, etc.

RSS Feed </> Embed