Indian School of Business

Indian School of Business Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Too many ISB alums rule the place

ProsGreat campus with excellent facilities

ConsTop leadership is pathetic. We preach the world on business and leadership but we do not follow whatsoever. Escalations do not work. Values of people on the top are very mediocre. No one in the top management has a clue on the future of this school and how they would work on sustaining the name it has achieved so far. Too much focus on hiring ISB alums. If no one in the market is willing to hire them, lets hire them and pay them well so that the ranking shoots up. A bunch of people with no power or sense of direction run HR. No career growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do not hire ISB alums. It could be disastrous to the school one day. Please empower HR.

Great B-School for students but an average employer for employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Mohali, Punjab (India)

ProsThe facilities provided are awesome, right from Gym to swimming pool and almost all sports facilities available for staff and their families. Work life balance is also good

ConsVery low pay master, if you are an ISB Alum you can get here as an Associate Director and get good salaries but if you are an outsider, you will always be treated below par as compared to an Alumni of the School. The hiring pattern and policies of the School is very strange. Any one can work or is hired to work in any department without having relevant education or experience.
    The School hires lot of Alumni instead of outsiders which in my opinion is a bad option. The HR does not exist in this School. No staff engagement activities, no R&R, no recognition, virtually nothing happening here for the staff. At times you feel like working alone. Some departments are overburdened while some are having fun of their lives. If you want to grow in your professional life, this place is a straight No-No. This place is best suited for oldies in their mid 50's to enjoy the last phase of their working career.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to bring in dynamic HR, please do not hire Alumni of the School, let them work in the open market. Increase salaries of Associates and Managers to the market levels.

Not a very Professional Organisation

Academic Associate (Current Employee)

ProsBranding
    Less strict with policies of leaves etc

ConsUnfair preference given to ISB MBA alumni students. They are offered jobs at higher salaries than regular staff.
    Too much bureaucracy
    Not much career growth.
    As an academic associate you just have to take orders. They just want work to be completed , no botheration towards quality

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to recognise the value of employees. They are as important as the students of the school

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good learning opportunity

ProsI work in Centre for Executive Education which is like working in a corporate within an educational institution, tremendous learning, always be customer focused, scope of being creative, great flexibility, very children friendly (a plus for working mothers).

ConsA little too much focus on sales and targets. People processes can improve.

A very good place for Researchers

Research Associate (Current Employee)

ProsRA at ISB:
    - Great campus
    - Interaction with world class faculty of management
    - Chances of getting the phD offer from top b-schools increases significantly

ConsThe pay is Less. Also there is dilemma about future if someone is not sure of doing phD.
    Research oriented work: so slow paced.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould focus primarily on strengthening the core competencies, than managing reputation

good exposure to business research of global standards

Research Associate (Former Employee)
    Hyderābād (India)

ProsThe best place in India to get exposure to business research of world-class standards; US educated, well qualified faculty; High caliber, outstanding student community; a young organization with great potential; first business school in south asia to be accredited by AACSB

ConsResearch mostly conventional, not path breaking

Great Learning

ProsGood faculty, resources, flexible timings

ConsLess pay and dilemma about future

Advice to Senior Managementnothing much

It's Good, but can be better

ProsLively environment and good colleagues. atmosphere to learn more

ConsNot so understanding Boss and few non working colleagues

good

Associate (Former Employee)
    Hyderābād (India)

Prosexposure is good and you can learn a lot of stuff from the team. Ambiance is really wonderful

Consno substitutes, in the sense it is very difficult to get a similar job of such kind as it is only school which can pay u that well

Pathetic place to work : ISB

Associate (Current Employee)
    Hyderābād (India)

Prosgood campus, nothing more to say ...sorry

Conshostile work ambience, no chance for growth, no peer support, no team work, no equality

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease introspect and respect your people

Worked for Indian School of Business? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Indian School of Business reviews and ratings. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Indian School of Business employees.