Indiana Professional Management Group

Indiana Professional Management Group Reviews

Updated August 17, 2014
Updated August 17, 2014

2.6

Pros
  • I love the flexibility and that I am able to work from home (in 33 reviews)

• Case managers that are the highest skilled just got a significant raise (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • IPMG did not seem to care about the welfare of the case managers (in 17 reviews)

• Must be able to be organized and manage your time well since you are working from home (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Proud to work for IPMG!

Current Employee - Management  in  Columbus, IN
    Current Employee - Management in Columbus, IN

Pros

I feel very supported by the leadership of IPMG and have been given opportunities for advancement. The leadership stands behind their value of developing quality case managers in order to provide quality services to the individuals served. There are opportunities for advancement and leadership positions and the flexible work schedule is a benefit. The leadership of IPMG also encourages employee suggestions and feedback and has shown commitment to this by implementing many suggestions received.

Cons

The main challenge is being able to be self-motivated as most positions are completed from a virtual work environment. Time management and organizational skills are necessary.

I would encourage management to continue to support work-life balance programs for employees such as those currently offered: walking challenges, wellness coaching, and informational sessions on health and wellness topics.

Indiana Professional Management Group Response

May 21, 2014Owner/Senior Advisor for Stakeholder Relations

Hi and thank you for sharing your thoughts about working for IPMG on Glassdoor. We're glad that you are having a positive experience and do appreciate your longevity with us. We're happy to take ... More

Co-Workers OK But Snobbish Management Presents As Not Caring About Staff At All. Glad 2 Now Be With Another CM Agency!

Current Employee - Annuals and Intake Specialist  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Annuals and Intake Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Virtually unlimited amount you can have on caseload. Can set your own schedule. Travel, equipment stipend OK. Nice co-workers.

Cons

DIAMAL STAFF MORALE! Seems everyone has their own agenda and there's little in the way of company pride or camaraderie. Supervisors more concerned about capturing revenue than assisting case managers with finding needed services for individuals. Instructed to not take so many family calls and focus on numbers so that both I and company could make more $.

Some type of formal training for management seems in order. Also promoting on merit rather than family affiliation might go far to increase staff morale. Hard for staff who have been here and are better qualified to sit by and watch folks promoted only because they are somehow related to the owners of the company.

Hate to Say It But This Is Just A Bad Company All Around. A Sad Place To Have To Go To Work Everyday.

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in South Bend, IN

Pros

Sadly not many. Supportive co-workers and ability to set your own schedules are the two that come to mind.

Cons

Rude and inconsiderate management, poor training and overall a general feeling among the case managers that we're being undervalued. Supervisors assign individuals to you without notification with the expectation that the priority is to make them billable, not provide them good service. Morale is really low and not a real fun place to work. No place for advancement whatsoever.

Take a step back and listen to your staff for once. We're trying but frustration is making many of our best employees leave to work at the other agencies.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible at best. Not the company to work for long-term. Good for experience before applying to a better CM agency.

Current Employee - Intake Specialist  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Intake Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

The best thing about the job is the Independency and ability to set your own work schedule and appointments. You only usually see supervisors as needed and you rarely see or hear from anyone in upper management. Salary/benefits work out about the same as other agencies. Co-workers seem to have little background in case management before hiring so looks to be good company to get your experience in field before moving on to one of the better case management companies.

Cons

You have to deal with a lot of Kingdoms at IPMG - Each with their own apparent agenda that often time are in conflict with each other. Can be very hierarchical and after speaking with co-workers, your happiness depends on the supervisor you have. Too much drama and lots of politics in certain areas. Work life balance is not a priority with this company. Can be hit or miss, every group is different. Leadership boasts of having great communication and an open culture but I saw many examples where supervisors and senior management were not really open to new ideas. They invest a lot in employee engagement, but it doesn't come across as sincere.

Trust your people and back them up. Too many new managers in the company that aren't being properly trained or have the experience to be managers.

Joined With High Expectations -Discovered That The Employee Reviews Were Actually Telling The Truth. A TERRIBLE COMPANY!

Former Employee - Quality Case Manager  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Quality Case Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

Ability to set own schedule and add folks to my caseload was a big plus. No limit on how many I can serve as long as IPMG can bill for them.

Cons

Meddlesome supervisors who appear to not know the basics of the job. Never a good thing when you have to take time out of your day to explain Indiana paperwork to someone who is expected to know the process. Validates on-going idea that supervisory positions are awarded to owners family members rather than competent staff. Poor communication throughout the Leadership/staff structure.

There needs to be a fundamental company-wide shift in how Leadership relates to employees. Would be nice if there was a feeling of support rather than one where we're made to feel as just another cog in the big machine that is IPMG.

Working from home was a big plus, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Current Employee - Case Manager
    Current Employee - Case Manager

Pros

Working from home is a big plus, able to set your own hours.

Cons

Major breaches of HIPPA violations when meeting at public WIFI's to have meetings and meet with managers and other case managers as well as accessing individuals data on computers. Also, when there is an emergency and need to speak with management as soon as possible, 24 hour turn around time is not fast enough.

Need to have staff meet in non- WIFI places to not breach HIPPA rules and regulations.

Indiana Professional Management Group Response

Jul 10, 2014Marketing & Communications Manager

Hi, and thank you for your comments. Working for a virtual company, accessing data electronically, and protecting an individual's health information is a priority of IPMG. With the flexibility that ... More

Amazed That Such A Disorganized & Dysfunctional Company Still Manages To Attract Some Families In Indiana.

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Marion, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Marion, IN

Pros

Independent work environment, no-limit on caseload sizes so I was able to bump up my numbers to increase my salary. Hate to say this, but they are more interested in the bottom line than providing a good service to families.

Cons

Supervisors operate on a shame-based management style that is antiquated and only serves to decrease the already dismal morale. Company focus is always on revenue with quality of services taking a back seat.

Take an interest in your staff as you might find that not all is as well as you may think it is. Allow information to travel up for a change rather than operating through edicts from Senior Management.

Thought I Was Starting With A Class Organization - Boy, Was I Ever Wrong.

Former Employee - Case Manager  in  Bloomington, IN
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Bloomington, IN

Pros

Friendly co-workers, pay, fuel and supply reimbursements are comparable with what other agencies are offering, Independent work expectation that allows you to set your own work schedule. Good initial training.

Cons

Disconnected supervisors and senior management. My trainer gave the impression this was a very exciting atmosphere to work in but soon the realities of the company philosophy emerged. Morale is very low as staff feel they do not have an outlet to voice any concerns. I witnessed this first hand when I attempted to speak to my supervisor regarding some additions to my caseload only to be told "it needed to get done and I was the one who needed to do it..."

Please review the channels of communication as there is a great need to improve in this area. Case Managers in particular, are feeling very isolated and frustrated that they do not have a means of genuinely speaking with those who can make changes in the company.

IPMG Leadership "Fiddles Away" While the Company Burns...

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Lafayette, IN

Pros

Established caseloads with room to add as needed. Can make your own schedule appointments and meetings. Senior case managers have freedom with minimal supervisor oversight. Travel and equipment stipends were increased to remain in line with other CMCOs so that was certainly appreciated.

Cons

Apparently clueless management who can't see how low staff morale is for all the hype and propaganda they spout. Just saying we're the best, isn't enough. We need to have credible process' in place to address the growing changes in Indiana.

Wake up! It was different when we were the only CMCO in Indiana but we certainly squandered that. Now there are viable and competitive alternatives who are growing while it seems our cases are dropping every month. We can't continue to operate as if we're number one because we are certainly not.

I Now Understand Why State Did What They Did - Sad To See IPMG Become So Dysfunctional & Treat Staff/Consumers So Badly.

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Munster, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Munster, IN

Pros

Can manage your own work schedule. Pay is determined through case load size so as an experienced case manager I can have as many consumers on my caseload as I want, generally without much supervisory involvement. Travel and equipment stipend now comparable with what the other case management agencies are offering. Same goes with benefits. Really don't have a lot of interaction with supervisors which is fine with me.

Cons

Supervisors who are more interested in the "Title" than actually making the time and genuinely being available to staff, especially those new folks coming on. Would be nice if supervisors would also take staff concerns seriously rather than minimizing what we have to say and making us feel as we're not valued. Remember that we speak to the families and have to answer questions as to why IPMG does this and why IPMG does that. What kills me is that we used to not be this way, but the hiring of unqualified staff, coupled with promoting the wrong folks has lead to the culture I see now.

Enough with all the "cheer-leading" and telling us how much better IPMG is to the other case management companies. No one is really buying it, especially the families we deal with on a day to day basis. Please reevaluate what we're actually doing as a company (not the corporate BS) and focus holding on to your experienced staff and making those consumers that are still with us, happy.

Worked for Indiana Professional Management Group? Contribute to the Community!