Indiana Professional Management Group

Indiana Professional Management Group Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
Updated September 18, 2014
2.5

Pros
  • I love the flexibility and that I am able to work from home (in 33 reviews)

• Case managers that are the highest skilled just got a significant raise (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • IPMG did not seem to care about the welfare of the case managers (in 17 reviews)

• Must be able to be organized and manage your time well since you are working from home (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Proud to work for IPMG!

Current Employee - Management  in  Columbus, IN
    Current Employee - Management in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Indiana Professional Management Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I feel very supported by the leadership of IPMG and have been given opportunities for advancement. The leadership stands behind their value of developing quality case managers in order to provide quality services to the individuals served. There are opportunities for advancement and leadership positions and the flexible work schedule is a benefit. The leadership of IPMG also encourages employee suggestions and feedback and has shown commitment to this by implementing many suggestions received.

Cons

The main challenge is being able to be self-motivated as most positions are completed from a virtual work environment. Time management and organizational skills are necessary.

I would encourage management to continue to support work-life balance programs for employees such as those currently offered: walking challenges, wellness coaching, and informational sessions on health and wellness topics.

Indiana Professional Management Group Response

May 21, 2014Owner/Senior Advisor for Stakeholder Relations

Hi and thank you for sharing your thoughts about working for IPMG on Glassdoor. We're glad that you are having a positive experience and do appreciate your longevity with us. We're happy to take ... More

Apparently Only Way To Get A Raise Is To Put In Your Resignation. Terrible Way To Show You Appreciate Your Staff!

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Indiana Professional Management Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

What you have to love about IPMG is that at the end of the day, it's all about making money. If you want to carry a caseload of 70 consumers, you can as long as they are billable. If you are what they call a "producer" then they pretty much leave you alone. Nice co-workers but everyone knows this is just a stepping stone before you get on with another agency.

Cons

Not much importance given on providing good services to the consumers with us. Begins to wear on you after a while. Very little communication outside of your team and supervisor. Senior Management only shows up if there is a problem or have to cheer lead. Days off are given but you're made to feel guilty if you try to use them. Stipends are not as high as other agencies. You have to deal with a lot of excuses from Leadership here and there's very little feeling that you matter to the company.

How about not waiting until someone is resigning to give them a raise. I've spoken to several staff and while they've stayed, the gesture was not seen as genuine nor sincere. They know it's the money they produce that you're wanting to keep - Not them.

Favoritism Throughout IPMG & A Culture Where Most Step On Anyone To Get Ahead. Literally A Pirate Ship Mentality.

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Bloomington, IN

Pros

If you have a high tolerance for drama and stress, then this is the company for you. Very slick outward presentation about quality service but at the end of the day it's all about bringing in the money. Yes, you can definitely make some money with this company but be prepared to sell your soul to do it. Thought I could but at the end of the day just couldn't tolerate some of the funny business going on here when it comes to the way they feel they can treat some of the families.

Cons

There is a definite company wide mentality where ethics and quality take a back seat to profits and moving the agenda of Leadership forward. Consideration for new supervisory candidates isn't done by performance or job knowledge but by favoritism and/or who your related to. If you're liked by the owner or her family you move up, if not you're stuck. Your direct supervisor also holds your fate in their hands. Any kind of advancement or transfer can be blocked by them and usually is so as to assure they don't have any competition.

Middle and senior management are very disingenuous and will look you in the eyes and tell you everything is great all while cutting positions without any warning whatsoever. Your behavior during the last staff re-org was the worst I have ever seen. Telling the case managers that they would not be affected and that the re-org was just management, then after months laying off some of the best workers we had, just because they were dumb enough to speak out over the increasing unreasonable work expectations. Supervisors often get into the position by who they know and most times do not possess the skill set to do the job effectively.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Co-Workers OK But Snobbish Management Presents As Not Caring About Staff At All. Glad 2 Now Be With Another CM Agency!

Current Employee - Annuals and Intake Specialist  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Annuals and Intake Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Indiana Professional Management Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Virtually unlimited amount you can have on caseload. Can set your own schedule. Travel, equipment stipend OK. Nice co-workers.

Cons

DIAMAL STAFF MORALE! Seems everyone has their own agenda and there's little in the way of company pride or camaraderie. Supervisors more concerned about capturing revenue than assisting case managers with finding needed services for individuals. Instructed to not take so many family calls and focus on numbers so that both I and company could make more $.

Some type of formal training for management seems in order. Also promoting on merit rather than family affiliation might go far to increase staff morale. Hard for staff who have been here and are better qualified to sit by and watch folks promoted only because they are somehow related to the owners of the company.

Hate to Say It But This Is Just A Bad Company All Around. A Sad Place To Have To Go To Work Everyday.

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in South Bend, IN

Pros

Sadly not many. Supportive co-workers and ability to set your own schedules are the two that come to mind.

Cons

Rude and inconsiderate management, poor training and overall a general feeling among the case managers that we're being undervalued. Supervisors assign individuals to you without notification with the expectation that the priority is to make them billable, not provide them good service. Morale is really low and not a real fun place to work. No place for advancement whatsoever.

Take a step back and listen to your staff for once. We're trying but frustration is making many of our best employees leave to work at the other agencies.

Joined With High Expectations -Discovered That The Employee Reviews Were Actually Telling The Truth. A TERRIBLE COMPANY!

Former Employee - Quality Case Manager  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Quality Case Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Indiana Professional Management Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to set own schedule and add folks to my caseload was a big plus. No limit on how many I can serve as long as IPMG can bill for them.

Cons

Meddlesome supervisors who appear to not know the basics of the job. Never a good thing when you have to take time out of your day to explain Indiana paperwork to someone who is expected to know the process. Validates on-going idea that supervisory positions are awarded to owners family members rather than competent staff. Poor communication throughout the Leadership/staff structure.

There needs to be a fundamental company-wide shift in how Leadership relates to employees. Would be nice if there was a feeling of support rather than one where we're made to feel as just another cog in the big machine that is IPMG.

Working from home was a big plus, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Current Employee - Case Manager
    Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at Indiana Professional Management Group full-time

Pros

Working from home is a big plus, able to set your own hours.

Cons

Major breaches of HIPPA violations when meeting at public WIFI's to have meetings and meet with managers and other case managers as well as accessing individuals data on computers. Also, when there is an emergency and need to speak with management as soon as possible, 24 hour turn around time is not fast enough.

Need to have staff meet in non- WIFI places to not breach HIPPA rules and regulations.

Indiana Professional Management Group Response

Jul 10, 2014Marketing & Communications Manager

Hi, and thank you for your comments. Working for a virtual company, accessing data electronically, and protecting an individual's health information is a priority of IPMG. With the flexibility that ... More

Amazed That Such A Disorganized & Dysfunctional Company Still Manages To Attract Some Families In Indiana.

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Marion, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Marion, IN

Pros

Independent work environment, no-limit on caseload sizes so I was able to bump up my numbers to increase my salary. Hate to say this, but they are more interested in the bottom line than providing a good service to families.

Cons

Supervisors operate on a shame-based management style that is antiquated and only serves to decrease the already dismal morale. Company focus is always on revenue with quality of services taking a back seat.

Take an interest in your staff as you might find that not all is as well as you may think it is. Allow information to travel up for a change rather than operating through edicts from Senior Management.

IPMG Leadership "Fiddles Away" While the Company Burns...

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Lafayette, IN

Pros

Established caseloads with room to add as needed. Can make your own schedule appointments and meetings. Senior case managers have freedom with minimal supervisor oversight. Travel and equipment stipends were increased to remain in line with other CMCOs so that was certainly appreciated.

Cons

Apparently clueless management who can't see how low staff morale is for all the hype and propaganda they spout. Just saying we're the best, isn't enough. We need to have credible process' in place to address the growing changes in Indiana.

Wake up! It was different when we were the only CMCO in Indiana but we certainly squandered that. Now there are viable and competitive alternatives who are growing while it seems our cases are dropping every month. We can't continue to operate as if we're number one because we are certainly not.

IPMG Might Have Been Good Once Upon A Time, But Certainly Not The Best Management Company In Indiana Now...

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Saint Charles, IL
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Saint Charles, IL

Pros

You get to set your own work schedule and case load sizes. Pay based on number of individuals you have on your caseload. No real limit as long as you can see them all when you have to. Friendly co-workers and good benefits. Good initial training but little in the way of follow-up after that.

Cons

Supervisors not letting you know beforehand that they have assigned extra individuals onto your caseload. These additions are usually the result of an employee resigning so many times they required meetings that I had no knowledge of the consumer and basically had to "wing it". After the first couple I brought this issue up to my supervisor who basically told me to do the best I could and you'd learn about the individual as you worked longer with them.

Please remember that we schedule meetings, visits, etc, in advance so new additions to our caseloads can be very stressful and place us in a bad position not knowing who we're supposed to be having a meeting on. Families pick up on this and become angry when they realize we are not as informed as we should on their case. You also need to be realistic in your expectations for a case manager's productivity. Proper support should be provided to us so we can deal with the steadily increasing demands. While we don't mind working hard, working through their weekends and vacations on a consistent basis should not be the expectation but the exception.

Worked for Indiana Professional Management Group? Contribute to the Community!