Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW)

www.ipfw.edu
  www.ipfw.edu

Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) Reviews

Updated August 9, 2014
Updated August 9, 2014
4.1

CEO

Good Atmosphere

Former Employee - Adjunct/Limited Term Lecturer/Receptionist  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Adjunct/Limited Term Lecturer/Receptionist in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros

Whether I was working as a receptionist or as an instructor, people were always helpful. Rarely did I come across a hard-nosed individual when asking for assistance. While it might take a while to find the right person with the right answer, someone always had the answer or the ability to find a way. IPFW is a community of its own, and I was pleased to be a part of it. I hope I can be a part of it again, someday. I do miss the people and the campus.

Cons

The only con to working here, but not so much as due to the administration, as an adjunct, the pay is good comparable to other universities but to make a living is hard without working at another university and instructing at least 6 classes. An adjunct does the same amount of work as any professor; the only difference is an adjunct doesn't go to meetings or is s/he required to be involved in community projects. This issue isn't subject to IPFW alone. Nevertheless, I wouldn't change what I do. To anyone looking to be an instructor, you'll need another source of income until you have a full time position with an university.

I worked at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW)

Pros

It was easy work and my bosses were very nice. I appreciated that they left me put school first. It was fun.

Cons

The pay was very low.

Service Tech

Former Employee - Clerical/Service Tech  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Clerical/Service Tech in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

IPFW offers a great laid back environment that has a lot of down to earth fellow colleagues that are very welcoming. There is culture of good collaboration at the university which makes a good environment for networking. In addition to that great job security and benefits.

Cons

As most university are there is a lot of bureaucracy. Some decisions take forever to be implemented since it has to go through committees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chair

Current Employee - Administrator  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Administrator in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Supportive environment, cooperative atmosphere and great work colleagues

Cons

Going through budgetary difficulties that have a impact on morale and efficient use of resources

Think in business terms

Part-Time

I have been working at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW)

Pros

I've worked here as a student worker for nearly 3 years and have loved both of my jobs and my bosses. They are very flexible and work around my class schedule.

Cons

They are in the process of cutting back and my current department is being reviewed to be outsourced, so there is a possibility I could lose my job.

Great Place

Current Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Professors and supervisors are extremely nice.
    Great Flexibility of work.
    Decent Pay.

Cons

Non-value added work.
    Boring work.
    Semester breaks can get a little reduced.
    Professors get changed every semester.

Increasing the pay might be a great idea

Worth the Experience

I have been working at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW)

Pros

Centralized, academic community where you can rely on everyone as support when needed. Many opportunities for advancement. Wonderful work environment.

Cons

Pay isn't competitive due to being a public institution. Otherwise wonderful place to work and go to school.

Review

Former Employee - Administrator  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Administrator in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very professional environment. Loved all of the benefits and opportunities.

Cons

I don't feel there were any cons.

Friendly, less stressful and comfortable

Current Employee - Assistant Professor
    Current Employee - Assistant Professor

Pros

friendly colleagues, supportive environment, less stressful conditions, respectful staff

Cons

less research opportunities, less grants, and undergraduate teaching only

push for autonomy of the institution to go beyond being regional campus

Review for IPFW

Current Employee - Visiting Instructor  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Visiting Instructor in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) full-time for less than a year

Pros

The school is in the city, but more like a residential area. Nice living cost. The school is very welcoming, and I have had positive working experience so far.

Cons

Students' achievements are low, and small graduate program.

Worked for Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW)? Contribute to the Community!