Indus Valley Partners

26 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Job review

New Delhi (India)

I worked at Indus Valley Partners full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI joined Indus valley partners as a fresh graduate. The work environment is quite similar to that in a start up. I was provided a good training in finance & technology domain that eased me into the work that was to follow in the project assignment. Pretty soon, I was in a client facing role and owned the deliverable. There were a lot of learning opportunities across various segments of financial markets. I represent IVP onsite within a year of joining and working closely with the hedge fund managers fastened my learning curve. All in all a great learning opportunity though at times the work pressure was huge.

ConsLack of professional training once an employee is assigned to a project.

Good company..great experience

Delhi (India)

I worked at Indus Valley Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsGood knowledge..great for fresher..technically great

Consshould give little more emphasis over employee..

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up..

Good company for a bachelor

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Indus Valley Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- Good Salary
- In depth view of Hedge fund industry
- Challenging work environment

Cons- Poor work life balance
- Less focus on coding standards/good architecture
- Does not follow Agile

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have a separate QA for product/implemntation

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible place to work!! More people need to be aware.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Indus Valley Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsCannot think of any.. Salary is decent however if that comes at the cost of you getting stuck in a horrible project then your career is ruined.

ConsLocation sucks. Near a village area with nothing to do except work.
Lack of proper management in all projects.
Disproportionate work load distribution among members of the same team.
Some teams work a lot whereas some teams just sit around playing TT all day long.
Hiring standards are worsening year after year.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn management please..

Career Destroyer Company

ProsGood Pay
Technical Learning is also good

ConsCompany policies so so changing that destroy your career here..
Remember! The company owner is not interested in employees benefits but he blindly allow few people/managers to play with anyone's career. The can fire you any time.
The reason I am writing this to alert others to avoid this company.
Nothing here can groom you....

Advice to Senior ManagementPut resignations and estimate yourself by giving interviews in other company.

Omg - It does not look like company

Pros1. Teams are dependent on the task type like DEV, QA, UAT, PROD
2. Dev taks are like enhancement and Dev support.
3. Use of advance software & version even if they are not required.
4. They guarantee skills enhancements at the cost of your personal life ruining.

Cons1. Omg, Its not a company Its like a oil shop where sugar is Rs. 1/kg and developers acts as shopkeeper. At the end of day you get extra hazardous oil for your health.
2. Management is like Oil brokers, They fix the match of your career when you don't touch their feet. Managers work like as the company is their father's company.
3. Company owner acts like oil mafia. He delivers the same speech at every annual day.
4. HR persons are like free oil customers who fight for their oil rights.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave oiling and work to grow. You are their buy you never understood Hedge fund's power and money.

Not a normal environment to work in: “Survival of the sneakiest” - Sequel

ProsNot much to mention
I did wanted to highlight some pros for the company I have worked with but all I can mention is that it can give a hike to your package.

ConsThis is a sequel of my previous review just to add this weird problem faced there- They recover a bonus amount when you leave the organization before an year and strange enough they do not provide you a proper receipt of the amount recovered and I ended up paying a high tax because of that amount. Also, they refused to state that deduction in form 16, so I cannot file that refund.

Also, suddenly in May 2013 the finance deducted Income Tax unreasonably high stating that they did not calculate on the basis of declarations and deducted it for the whole financial period in advance and state the reason to be a new building being constructed that needs funds.

Indus Valley Partners is a mental torture to the employees and then when they are left with only the directors and some aspiring directors in that firm (since employees at all other positions give up) they distribute iPhones and bonus to fetch employees... And still people return the bonus and leave.. Indus Valley Partners discriminates, promotes favoritism, lies to their employees considering the work opportunities. HR head (an army man!) states that "the world is not a fair place" and "all policies are not written"

If you get an offer from Indus Valley Partners, just take a package hike and move on to a better place...

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be logical while dealing in the matters of Finance

A League Of an Extra-Ordinary Gentlemen.

I worked at Indus Valley Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsFrom a monetary point of view, nice place for only A grade college freshers/alumni and the people having big brands their prior experiences with. So, a nice place to work for money. One can feel proud of being from good college or a company-"The Elite Class" being privileged seeing the average college pass-outs here are struggling for money, learning opportunities, and growth.

ConsNot an equal opportunity employer, they discriminate people not on the ground of races/castes but onto the pretext of the colleges they are from, an unspoken bigotry of its kind.

Decision-making is centralized to the maximum which propagates the sense of autocracy prevailed around. The most sarcastic thing about IVP is that they don't care when precious resources (in fact the experts in their roles & responsibilities) leave the organization.

KRAs in most of the available job profiles are highly unstructured/undefined which leads to a situation like battlefield you are fighting with others teams and your own colleagues often. In fact, allocation of work load is considerably imbalanced, may it be among teams or within a team. As for example, a team is busy in the quality assurance of the TT-table outside from 3-5 & 7-9 PM without any failure, contrarily, the other is overstuffed with tiresome, back-breaking, and struggling pursuits of new build releases, patching or Migrations.

For those who wishes to join IVP they should.. but ought to mark few points (Divya-vachan): No.1: Keep the ball out of your court is the only way of survival here. No.2: More you work more you are prone to risks and the moment you are caught on done some wrong you'll find your neck on scaffold for sure therefore, please "To err is human..." its not applicable here (Zero Tolerance). No.3: One should know playing "Blame Game" and keep on identifying your soft targets to put the blame on when time comes.

Regarding the HRD, the 'D' here is not Department or Development but "Director" or interchangeably "Dictator", there doesn't exist no such thing as Hr Dept/Dev. Company ran for almost a decade without HR'D' and then suddenly they come up an Army-Man who conceives his arrogance/dictatorship as his smartness. A mercenary doing an Italian job for "the one".

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease head count for load balancing/sharing. "Employee First Customer Second". 360 review. High-stratum people need to avoid promotion or favoritism towards some people just because they are there in their good-books of personal likes. Maintain balanced trade-off between "seniority" and "ability" during job-promotions.

Yes, It's true that when someone decides to leaves or forced to leave, an organization hardly has any impact on the organization but it always leaves a great impact on the one-a-human, for that matter, it is up to yours sensibility to him/her walk-out out with "Farewell" or "Go-to-hell", really matters ! And that is subjected to being in "Guardianship" or "Dictatorship".

'Probably' my vision 'might not' be as great as some of the reviewers whose revolutionary thoughts which are certainly designed in German-Technology with great logic adopted from Greek-Theorems and garnished by Spices-Of-Indian-Sycophancy, but just Wo-I-Saw-Is-Wo-I-Say.

At Last, think of corporate social responsibility also, you too owe the nation.

In the best interest of all the readers.

A League Of An Extra-Ordinary Gentlemen.

I worked at Indus Valley Partners full-time for less than a year

Decision-making is centralized to the maximum which propagates the sense of autocracy prevailed around. The most sarcastic thing about IVP is that they don't care when precious resources (in fact the masters in their roles & responsibilities) leave the organization.

KRAs in most of the available job profiles are highly unstructured/undefined which leads to a situation like battlefield you are fighting with others teams and your own colleagues often. In fact, allocation of work load is considerably imbalanced, may it be among teams or within a team. As for example, a team is busy in the quality assurance of the TT-table outside from 3-5 & 7-9 PM without any failure, contrarily, the others are overstuffed with tiresome, back-breaking, and struggling pursuits of new build releases, patching or Migrations.

Regarding the HRD, the 'D' here is not Department or Development but "Director" or interchangeably "Dictator", there doesn't exist such thing as Hr Dept/Dev. Company ran for almost a decade without HR'D' and then suddenly they come up with an Army-Man who conceive his arrogance/dictatorship as his smartness. A mercenary doing an Italian job for "the one".

When someone decides to leaves or forced to leave, an organization hardly has any impact on it but it always leaves a great impact on the one-a-human, for that matter, it is up to yours sensibility for him/her he/she walk-out with "Farewell" or "Go-to-hell", it really matters ! And that is subjected to being in "Guardianship" or "Dictatorship".

'Probably' my vision 'might not' be as great as some of the reviewers whose revolutionary thoughts which are certainly designed in German-Technology with great logic adopted from Greek-Theorems and garnished by Spices-Of-Indian-Sycophancy, but just What-I-Saw-Is-What-I-Say.

At Last, think of corporate social responsibility also, you too owe the nation.

In the best interest of all the readers.

Overall not a good experience

Pros1. Compensation
2. opportunity to travel onsite
3. Good for freshers
4. Talent + Hard work is rewarded in most of the cases
5. Sometimes expectations are too high and are not realistic

Cons1. No standard processes, ad hoc development
2. Poor HR policies (leave, medical benefits etc)
3. Treat employees as slave rather than asset

Advice to Senior Management1. Should start 360 degree feedback.
2. Treat your employee with respect
3. If you give someone responsibility, give them some authority too

Worked for Indus Valley Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Indus Valley Partners reviews and ratings in New Delhi, India — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Indus Valley Partners CEO Gurvinder Singh. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Indus Valley Partners employees.