Industrial Controls

Industrial Controls President Joe Eichelberger
Joe Eichelberger

Great welcome to ICD

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Industrial Controls full-time (less than an year)

Pros

• Very glad I made the move to Industrial Controls. Great people, team environment. Everyone has made me feel welcome. Best benefit package I’ve had in years. Enrollees in the medical plan get a totally company paid eye plan that has incredible coverage. Training programs are excellent and there’s something for everyone; management development, sales skills, systems and product training. First time I’ve felt that the effort is being made to ensure that I succeed.

Cons

Wide breath of somewhat technical product portfolio to learn, but the training is available and encouraged.

I’m very disturbed by the other reviews.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at Industrial Controls full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I barely recognize the person described as the President/CEO. I have worked for Joe Eichelberger for almost 10 years. I could pick the posting apart line by line, but I feel that would lend too much credence to something written by an obviously disgruntled person who has failed at their job. Accountability is one of our core success factors at ICD and this person obviously never understood that.

I must, in spite of my hesitations to respond, address a couple of things. First, to say that Joe Eichelberger is a “CEO who lacks area-specific knowledge” is incredible. Joe is one of the most respected and well versed people in our industry. His background in our products and services is unsurpassed. He has taken this company from a privately owned company with less than 30M in sales to almost a 100M through one of the worst recessions in the lifetime of any of our employees.

“Keep your head down and your mouth shut” is laughable. That just doesn’t describe this environment. We’re a very vocal group. Joe holds regular “All Hands Meetings” where he puts himself out in front of every employee, gives his business overview and then opens up the floor. It took me a long time to get used to the openness of this group. I find it refreshing and highly productive. Everyone’s opinion is respected here. That doesn’t mean that you will always get your way, but you will never be made to feel threatened because you expressed it.

Cons

Here’s what I can say to perspective applicants………..if you want to work in an environment where you get to do what you do best every day and get rewarded for it appropriately, this is the place for you. It’s an environment of growth, success, caring and teamwork which affords us all the opportunity to succeed.

Worked at Industrial Controls for over 3 years

I have been working at Industrial Controls full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I'm surprised to see the negative comments about the company and Joe Eichelberger. The company has done a great job of providing us with a terrific range of products to sell to our customers, has invested heavily in providing us all the tools necessary to do so as well as investing in and providing all of us excellent training programs. Because of our products, selling tools and training we are able to really address all the opportunities before us and maximize our potential for success.

I know Joe played a major role in the substantial improvement in our new benefit package, even lowered the cost for next year. But it seems some people have forgotten that last year Joe approved the company absorbing all of the benefit cost increases for 2012 resulting in absolutely no cost increase to the employee, all the cost increases were paid by the company. Additionally, every time Joe is in the New Jersey office he walks around the office, greets everyone, and looks into how they're doing and if all is going well. I know I can go to Joe if necessary for any assistance I might need.

I for one really appreicate the investment Joe and the company made in relocating us into a beautiful new office where we have an outstanding working environment, a really nice place to work. We all have alot to be greatful for, it's a great company to work for and the management team is focused on our success and has set up programs, tools and a great working environment for everyone.

Cons

It take some time to get to know all of our products, we sell many different product lines.
    Working with people that don't fully appreciate the quality of our company, most of our employees and our management team.

Keep doing the good things you're doing; making good investments, ensuring the company is solvent and successful and continue to invest in the development of all of our employees.

Terrible place to work. RUN!

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Industrial Controls full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

sales people are given the opportunity to hone the skills they want to in the areas they wish so that they can try and grow those business in those areas

Cons

i wasn't going to write here. i heard of a negative review thru the grapevine. i just checked in to see it for myself. then i saw the positive review left. NOT 1 CON? not even in the area that is entitled cons? that cannot be - it simply cannot be. first of all, i agree with the negative reviews particularly as they relate to the leadership of this company, specifically THE leader of the company - and i've been here for over 5 years. the way that positive review was written really bothers me. i cannot use glassdoor to accuse, of course, but as a current employee privy to the viral nature the first negative review has caused it seems well more than likely that this positive review was written by an internal representative looking to offset some of the negative comments. the morale is so low at this company it is all i can do to pick myself off the floor sometimes. there is never positive feedback. ever. all news is bad news. nothing is good enough. and the way this leader leads, the micromanaging as another reviewer referred to it, all supervisors cannot do anything without running their thoughts and actions through him first. so as you try and be a good, producing employee and you bring things to your boss, or as you meet as a team and your boss brings things to this leader, it is all not good enough. if it goes through and does not yield superior results it is a colossal failure. if it is a success, it is still not good enough, or it is not the way he wanted you to do it, or there is still something wrong. if it weren't for the economy i would be looking for another job. do not work here.

what can i share with management i haven't already said in my cons. eriks corporation needs to know what's going on here. i hope one day they'll get inside them real industrial controls