Industrial Distribution Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charles A. Lingenfelter

Great Environment, Terrific Company

Site Buyer (Current Employee)

ProsThe environment, innovation of the company, always changing and improving, expansion. Great place to work, will hire the right people for the right job. Always have improvements, job growth, and opportunity for within the company. The company is a leader in the industrial marketplace.

ConsEach site has its unique challenges, does not necessarily mean their cons. Great company overall.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more perks, more training.

Not a bad place to work, very nice employees.

ProsOverall the company could be a great opportunity for someone to move up and take on new responsibilities/positions. They give you the tools to succeed for the most part.

ConsThey seem a little lost still in who they want to be in the industrial marketplace. They want to position themselves in between the local distributors and the large national catalog houses, but in most cases it just makes them less appealing to customers. Claim to be the industry leader in Supply Chain Solutions, but it is very difficult to do so and can be frustrating to customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverhaul FPS. Get the IDG name out there, still too many people don't know who IDG is.

Good for just out of high school job.

Warehouse (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe pay is not that bad, and the work is simple on an intellectual basis. There is a lot of different parts to the job that gives a lot of experience on a resume.

ConsThe temperature during the summer and winter is not controlled very well. The communication between the management and the workers seemed to be lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to more of the legitimate concerns of the employees. Let the employees have control in their department, everyone has different approaches to things that can still get to the main objective.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall, a good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has a team-oriented environment that fosters individual involvement in improving the processes. IDG is innovative, especially in the supply chain solutions side of their business.

ConsThe company is privately held and the goals and objectives set by the ownership are often unrealistic and unattainable given current economic conditions.

This company allows sexual discrimination

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rahway, NJ

ProsGreat job, unprofessional, horrible management!!!

ConsSexual discrimination in the Rahway NJ location is excessive and even dismissed by HR.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep good employees and remove unprofessional site managers

A company that cares about their workers.

Purchasing (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay, great benefits, and wonderful people.

ConsThere was not a down side to working at IDG.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust in your people.

This company leaves its people hanging with no support.

ProsThere are no Pros to this job

ConsYou work really hard to build customer relations and when you contact the company to acquire materials and or assistance the company leaves you to fend for yourself. They only help out the big customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all your customers with the same urgency as you would with IR.

Fine company with great opportunities.

Buyer (Former Employee) West Point, PA

ProsA large organization with many opportunities to advance.

ConsI found nothing negative at this organization. The branch manager was a great person.
    The company always tried to do their best.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways try to use IDG's inventory control system.

Current Employee

Buyer (Current Employee)

ProsIt's a job and a paycheck.

ConsWe get no recognition at the onsite locations. We are left out in the cold as far as bonuses, perks, raises. I've worked there for 2 years and still have not had a raise. I get more work piled on me and work many more hours than what I expected because I'm salary. Their policies and people at the corporate level are clueless. They have no clue what we do in the field. And we make the money for their raises, bonuses and perks. I look for a new job every day! Corporate makes threats, ie if you don't get your pcard statements done on time, it will go into your employee file. So what? I don't get a raise anyway, so who cares!

Advice to Senior ManagementDump all the corporate people--most are not helpful and they don't have a clue how the outside world of IDG works.

Unprofessional, disorganized, and stuck in the 80's-90's for company policies.

ProsThe benefits as in health and dental insurance offered where actually very good

ConsThis company is stuck in the past when it comes to company policies. Don't believe in working harder not smarter. Outside of the box thinking is not welcome here. Only seem to want "Yes men" and those that are not free thinkers who only follow mundane orders

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp your aged company policies to the 21st century

Worked for Industrial Distribution Group? Contribute to the Community!