Industrial Economics Incorporated.

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Jennifer R. Baxter

Research analyst

Research Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Industrial Economics Incorporated. full-time for more than a year

ProsColleagues are smart, with an interesting diversity of specialty backgrounds. Produces high-quality work on engaging projects. Nice building - and good general location.

ConsPay could be a little better - but quality of life makes up for that. If you want to make a lot more money, go work for a management consulting firm (you'll pay for that in hours worked)

Smart people and individuals with strong analytical background

I have been working at Industrial Economics Incorporated. full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking with smart individuals who enjoy problems solved with data driven analysis. Good place to get a step into the world of primarily governmental analyses.

ConsExperience depends significantly on which managers and partners you work for. Some partners' projects require a significant amount of independence and self motivation and often give significant responsibilities, whereas others can be more rote and formulaic.

Advice to Senior ManagementSource a more diverse set of work and seek to match strengths of workers to the work at hand.

Great for a few years... No real upward mobility at the Research Analyst level

Research Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Industrial Economics Incorporated. full-time

ProsPretty flexible work environment regarding dress and time in and out of the office.
The people at the RA and Associate level are generally awesome and laid back. Everyone is real nice and it is easy to make friends.

ConsExperience really depends on the Principals you work for. Some are great and some are not.
Interesting project work also really depends on the Principals you work for. It is not easy to switch practice areas for the first year so you may be stuck working on whatever they assign you to, regardless of your interest or previous experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement really needs to figure out how to run this company on a larger scale. IEc continues to grow larger, yet the management of the firm has not evolved or grown with the increase in Principals.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great place to work, but could do more to stand out.

Research Analyst (Current Employee)
Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Industrial Economics Incorporated. full-time for less than a year

ProsReasonable bonuses, work-life balance, and a very friendly work environment. Also, good opportunities to develop skills you're interested in honing.

ConsNo retirement contributions until 2 years in, limited vacation time (21 days, but no holidays, so really, it's the standard 10 days), low base pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp Research Analysts pay to go to grad school if it's a requirement for advancement within the company.

great work environment

Associate (Current Employee)
Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Industrial Economics Incorporated.

Prosrelaxed work environment, great work/life balance, not hierarchical, good learning experience. awesome benefits and good social life.

Consvery low pay compared with similar companies. small company with limited geographic coverage.

Advice to Senior Managementup the salary and widen the geographic coverage (some more int'l)

Just your average underpaid job

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Industrial Economics Incorporated.

Pros-Great benefits
-generally good hours
-Consistent pay with great vacation
-Sick Leave is fully compensated
-Bang for buck areas are

Cons-Lots of corporate pressure in this field is pretty common
-Deadlines are a bit unrealistic
-Management is a bunch of lazies

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys need to tighten up your scheduling variables on tuesdays I don't understand why I arrive 10 minutes early and you all show up an hour to two late.

Worked for Industrial Economics Incorporated.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Industrial Economics Incorporated. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Industrial Economics Incorporated. CEO Jennifer R. Baxter . All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Industrial Economics Incorporated. employees.