Infineon Technologies

Infineon Technologies Reviews in Germany

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Infineon Technologies CEO Dr. Reinhard Ploss

Dr. Reinhard Ploss

Pros
  • Good work life balance , Nice and motivated teams(in 25 reviews)

• The working environment is life balance promoting(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Limited positions to clime beyond middle management(in 5 reviews)

• Difficult to advance on the technical ladder as there are already lots of people and too less vacant positions, crowded(in 5 reviews)

20 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Systems Engineer

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsGood company to work with.

ConsJob stability (fluctuate according to market condition)

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Very dangerous to join

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsVery laid back, no work pressure, seems to have some processes in place

ConsSeems to allow managers to change mind on people immediately on having someone join. I was hired in the central corporate function and the interview was hasty, I was told to come on my own expense. Just 2 months on joining I was told to find another position within the company or leave in 6 months. No compensation for having shifted countries to take up the offer. The HR was totally absent in the whole procedure and seems to have no power at all. As I learnt, a hasty hiring decision was made expecting a hiring freeze, but then later when there there turned out to be no hiring freeze, the manager wanted to bring in a more suitable candidate by background.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrengthen processes and HR to prevent abuse by managers

Becomes stagnating after some years

Specialist R & D (Current Employee) Duisburg (Germany)

ProsGood work life balance , Nice and motivated teams

ConsNot much scope of career growth specifically if you want to move into management functions, most of the people are 15+ years of experience and so no room for some fresher to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more dynamic in decision making and help employees in career-growth instead of stagnating them due to project pressures

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company that is improving steadily...Great people!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsOpportunities are available for those who work hard and take initiative.
    Great people.
    Good work life balance.

ConsNothing major to complain about.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease maintain the focus that has been present since 2009!

Senior Design Engineer

RF Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsRF Analog Design, good team

Consno good health support, no extra bonus

Working style

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsCan learn the art of working from German colleagues. They are really good.

ConsLanguage barrier is the biggest issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould cultivate more international outlook and diversify in the product portfolio.,

Be careful when joining

Strategy Development (Former Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsDoes seem to have some processes and low work pressure, although the HR is non-existent as noted in the other reviews.

ConsNon existent HR, as noted in the other reviews. I was hired in the corporate strategy team in a haphazard way, just one face to face interview paid for at my own expense and brought into Munich from another country. Just 2 months later I was told I do not fit into the level of seniority and asked to find another job till the end of the probationary period. HR just a passive bystander and not even prepared to help me get some compensation for having shifted family into a new country or any expenses for shifting back. In the end my previous employer rescued me, but I would caution anyone thinking of joining, especially from another country.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrengthen or train HR

A friendly place to work, good balance between work and family

Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsGood office; colleagues are friendly; Office close to S-Bahn; good balance between work and family; leading tech in some fields

ConsNot much training; heavy process and rules; performance is not so important to career or salary;

Comfortable environment, nice people

Intern (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

Prosgood location, relaxed working environment, above average pay.

Consalthough German is not a must, but it would help you much much more if you speak perfect German.

Nice balance between life and work

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsWork load in most cases are low. Nice working environment, most of colleagues are nice. Working hours are flexible and home office is an option. Also that means you've got more time to catch up with new technology trend.

ConsManagement politics is heavy.Also it's common that IT managers do not know IT. So if you are really a software developer, your development skill will not make you a beautiful carer here. Also quite a few IT staff are not so competent from my point of view.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire right people and keep them.

Worked for Infineon Technologies? Contribute to the Community!