Infineon Technologies

Infineon Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Infineon Technologies CEO Dr. Reinhard Ploss

Dr. Reinhard Ploss

Pros
  • Good work life balance , Nice and motivated teams (in 25 reviews)

• The working environment is life balance promoting (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Limited positions to clime beyond middle management (in 5 reviews)

• Difficult to advance on the technical ladder as there are already lots of people and too less vacant positions, crowded (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Very dangerous to join

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsVery laid back, no work pressure, seems to have some processes in place

ConsSeems to allow managers to change mind on people immediately on having someone join. I was hired in the central corporate function and the interview was hasty, I was told to come on my own expense. Just 2 months on joining I was told to find another position within the company or leave in 6 months. No compensation for having shifted countries to take up the offer. The HR was totally absent in the whole procedure and seems to have no power at all. As I learnt, a hasty hiring decision was made expecting a hiring freeze, but then later when there there turned out to be no hiring freeze, the manager wanted to bring in a more suitable candidate by background.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrengthen processes and HR to prevent abuse by managers

Working life is not balanced. Production and process are the main targets. Always need to answer for everything.

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Melaka (Malaysia)

ProsFlexible working hours is the ONLY plus point.
    This applies ONLY if your in indirect department.
    Indirect will enjoy all this.

ConsToo many racist managers.
    Too much politicking
    Promotion based on race.
    Too many hands in completing task given.
    Process engineers are paid less but required to run the company.
    Please do not join as process engineer.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease step in asap before you lose ll the good employees.

Horrible to work as a contract employee.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsNo respect. They behave contractors like baggers.

Consnot a good place to work with. management is not at all good.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from Philips.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Be careful when joining

Strategy Development (Former Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsDoes seem to have some processes and low work pressure, although the HR is non-existent as noted in the other reviews.

ConsNon existent HR, as noted in the other reviews. I was hired in the corporate strategy team in a haphazard way, just one face to face interview paid for at my own expense and brought into Munich from another country. Just 2 months later I was told I do not fit into the level of seniority and asked to find another job till the end of the probationary period. HR just a passive bystander and not even prepared to help me get some compensation for having shifted family into a new country or any expenses for shifting back. In the end my previous employer rescued me, but I would caution anyone thinking of joining, especially from another country.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrengthen or train HR

Everything is fine

Proshigh level technical know-how of employee

Consbad business perspective, incompetitve in marketing

Advice to Senior Managementx

Should not be a first choice employer

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Munich (Germany)

Pros- Good work/life balance
    - Competitive pay
    - Chance to work on very advanced technology

Cons- People very protective of their positions, reluctant to share information
    - Management can behave disgracefully towards employees
    - Promotion often not based on merit, nepotism rife

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and actually manage, rather than playing political games with employees

IFX is doomed

Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

Pros- exciting technologies
    - Infineon is the technology leader in a couple of market segments which could be the basis for a sustainable profitable company
    - and will probably evolve as a good company to work for once it's current trouble blow over

Cons- the organizational setup of the company is an unlimited source of frustration
    - IFX managament is constantly a victim to it's own lies
    - Infineon has terrible corporate governance (it's supervisory board is controlled by SIEMENS which obviously does not have a clear idea how to setup a profitable compay
    - Infineon's way of management tends to ignore reality and is mostly surprised when they ultimately have to face it
    - the best CEO IFX ever had was recently ousted (W.Ziebart)
    - working for IFX is like banging your head against the wall 24/7
    - Infineon's technical ladder system is completely degraded and absolutely demotivating
    (in reality it creates 2nd class employees, which can be pushed around by whomever is not part of the technical ladder). There is no system in place which makes sure that grades on the technical ladder are awarded based on merits. It is rather driven by politics and proximity to the headquarter

Advice to Senior Management- face reality for once
    - merge with a company which knows how to run a company in that field, Infineon is a lost case
    - stop reorganizing the company on the paper only (usually the organization chart is not worth the paper it is printed on)

Interesting, but overall unsatisfying

Intern (Former Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

ProsSenior engineers tend to forget about students or interns even if they were assigned as mentors to them.

ConsLack of mentors or people willing to make you feel comfortable and get to know all the aspects of the company.

Working with Infineon and it's pros & cons

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsEmployee recreational benefits are higher. Those who want to stay in service for a longer year Infineon is the right place

ConsIncrement and bonus payment are well below average of local market.
    Appraisal not been done in a fair manner

not a good place to work

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Graz (Austria)

ProsI would put only flexibility in timing and all in pay contracts, rather than that i cannot see anything impressive here.

Consdepartment manager has no idea about the his main responsibilities and employee work, no good salaries, no training's, forget about your career/technical ladder stuff :(

Advice to Senior Managementtry to replace department managers with somebody who has a sound knowledge about what he is responsible for atleast.

Worked for Infineon Technologies? Contribute to the Community!