Infineum

www.infineum.com
Profile Unclaimed

Good compensation and benefits, bad work/life balance

Current Employee - Contact Engineer
    Current Employee - Contact Engineer

I have been working at Infineum full-time

Pros

Great retirement package, good compensation, exposure to global projects/responsibilities

Cons

Poor work/life balance, focused more on customer and profit and not much on own employees, only 1 location in US

Great.company to work for

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Linden, NJ
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Linden, NJ

I have been working at Infineum full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits, good chance to move up, many unionized positions with the potential to make 40K per year in overtime.

Cons

shift work 12 HOURS a day (some union positions),

spend more money on infrastructure

Great for PhDs/Engineers, little respect for anyone else

I have been working at Infineum

Pros

Great salary and benefits, strong safety culture. Abiltiy to occasionally work from home for some jobs. Some leaders are so good you feel you would work for nothing (Sadly, this is the exception).

Cons

No career path for anyone with out Engineering Degree or PhD and many of them are not qualified to be "leaders" no matter how much training you give them.

The career path brings unqualified people into new positions just long enough for them to mess things up, then sends them on to the next group to destroy morale.

Linden Chemical Plant Intern

I have been working at Infineum

Pros

- excellent coop/internship program for undergraduate engineers
    - challenging projects
    - excellent support from more experienced engineers
    - relax and easy going environment
    - great culture among younger engineers
    - opportunity to learn and grow as a process engineer in a plant environment

Cons

- a lot of work to do leading to long hours (occasionally)
    - 24/7 continuous process demands a lot responsibility and creates some stress

Continue to allow young engineers to work in the plant and develop as future process engineers but try to establish a more balanced work/life ratio to relieve some stress for up and coming engineers.

Great company

Former Employee - Process Contact Engineer in Linden, NJ
    Former Employee - Process Contact Engineer in Linden, NJ

I worked at Infineum

Pros

Great mentorship and opportunities for young employees. Flexible schedule allowed for excellent work-life balance. Developed my leadership abilities. Fun and challenging from the beginning.

Cons

Tough industry with tight profit margins makes work a little stressful at times and does not allow for opportunity for big salary growth.

Continue offering great opportunities and mentorship of young employees. The opportunity to be involved in big projects early on is one of the biggest advantages to working at Infineum.

Highly satisfied with culture, opportunities and people with relatively little room for improvement.

Current Employee - Technologist in Abingdon, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Technologist in Abingdon, England (UK)

I have been working at Infineum full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Genuine interest in colleague retention and development - good progression prospects
    Very strong brand image
    Exceptional business results and consistent growth
    Financial rewards for going above and beyond expectations

Cons

Progression opportunities can be limited to selected individuals
    Some teams are rewarded more than others (small financial rewards)

Provide training for new starters, line supervisors and leaders about profiles to standardise performance expectations.

Truly stands out. You're lucky if you have a job here.

Current Employee - Senior Level, Can't Disclose in Abingdon, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Level, Can't Disclose in Abingdon, England (UK)

I have been working at Infineum full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Informality, and a mostly friendly environment. Safety orientation. A certain integrity (although things are occasionally hidden). Amazing business results hence bonuses.

Cons

Dependence on selected few. Quiet tolerance of laziness and underperformers (check out that Singapore review about tea breaks!). Micro management by too many leaders. And it's true, unless you are a chemical graduate or chem. engineer, progression chances are limited.

Work further and seriously to apply consistent expectations about performance.

Work life balance exceeds all expectations

Current Employee - Specialist in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Specialist in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Infineum full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working in this company for more than 5 years . What I like most about this company is that it has a culture of mutual respect and there is plenty of opportunity to network with my fellow colleagues. To start, we have frequent tea breaks session at the canteen . I come in about 9 am , about 9.10 colleagues will go for tea breaks , great morning catch up for about 30-40 mins . Then lunch is at 11.30 . Well we don't come back at 12.30 , most of the time 1pm then we start work . Then around 3 ,we will gather colleagues for another round of tea break and networking session . Isn't this great . I love this company . Then some colleagues will leave at 4 , if they feel that they are done for the day ., doesn't matter what time we come in .

Some colleagues know my tea break timing and I told them not to look for me during this timing. They listened and they respected my need to have tea breaks . Great mutual respect .

Cons

I hope the company don't put a stop to the tea break culture . This is one of the things I look forward to each day.

Don't change anything . The culture here is great

Unless your background is as a contact engineer and you're preferably Italian then there is little scope for progression

Former Employee - Logistics Leader in Abingdon, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Logistics Leader in Abingdon, England (UK)

I worked at Infineum full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good salaries, location and bonus scheme

Cons

Career progression is almost impossible unless you are "on the list" which most people aren't. There is no interest in whether line managers are any good and there are a lot that aren't. Too much money wasted on unimportant initiatives and paying consultants. No respect for work/life balance.

Don't forget that there is some fantastic talent who deserve good management and progression

Good company - with great benefits

Former Employee - Finance Executive in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Finance Executive in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Infineum full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with. It was a friendly and fun atmosphere and I actually enjoyed going into work each morning. Staff get to travel together to other countries as part of team building. There seems to be a strong brand identity within the company.

Cons

Limited room for growth, many staff have been working in the same position for many years