Infineum Reviews

Great company

Former Employee - Process Contact Engineer in Linden, NJ
    Former Employee - Process Contact Engineer in Linden, NJ

I worked at Infineum

Pros

Great mentorship and opportunities for young employees. Flexible schedule allowed for excellent work-life balance. Developed my leadership abilities. Fun and challenging from the beginning.

Cons

Tough industry with tight profit margins makes work a little stressful at times and does not allow for opportunity for big salary growth.

Continue offering great opportunities and mentorship of young employees. The opportunity to be involved in big projects early on is one of the biggest advantages to working at Infineum.

Work life balance exceeds all expectations

Current Employee - Specialist in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Specialist in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Infineum full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working in this company for more than 5 years . What I like most about this company is that it has a culture of mutual respect and there is plenty of opportunity to network with my fellow colleagues. To start, we have frequent tea breaks session at the canteen . I come in about 9 am , about 9.10 colleagues will go for tea breaks , great morning catch up for about 30-40 mins . Then lunch is at 11.30 . Well we don't come back at 12.30 , most of the time 1pm then we start work . Then around 3 ,we will gather colleagues for another round of tea break and networking session . Isn't this great . I love this company . Then some colleagues will leave at 4 , if they feel that they are done for the day ., doesn't matter what time we come in .

Some colleagues know my tea break timing and I told them not to look for me during this timing. They listened and they respected my need to have tea breaks . Great mutual respect .

Cons

I hope the company don't put a stop to the tea break culture . This is one of the things I look forward to each day.

Don't change anything . The culture here is great

Unless your background is as a contact engineer and you're preferably Italian then there is little scope for progression

Former Employee - Logistics Leader in Abingdon, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Logistics Leader in Abingdon, England (UK)

I worked at Infineum full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good salaries, location and bonus scheme

Cons

Career progression is almost impossible unless you are "on the list" which most people aren't. There is no interest in whether line managers are any good and there are a lot that aren't. Too much money wasted on unimportant initiatives and paying consultants. No respect for work/life balance.

Don't forget that there is some fantastic talent who deserve good management and progression

Good company - with great benefits

Former Employee - Finance Executive in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Finance Executive in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Infineum full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with. It was a friendly and fun atmosphere and I actually enjoyed going into work each morning. Staff get to travel together to other countries as part of team building. There seems to be a strong brand identity within the company.

Cons

Limited room for growth, many staff have been working in the same position for many years

Excellent work life balance, good place to work

Former Employee - IT Manager in Oxford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Oxford, England (UK)

I worked at Infineum full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very comfortable company to work for, good vision and commitment to PDP's

Cons

Easy to get bored, need to challenge yourself

More communication, communicate the vision

A company full of internal friction in the managements.

I worked at Infineum

Pros

Technical driven company. Good product and reputation

Cons

Internal friction. No future for employee

A solid company with good values

I have been working at Infineum full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High safety culture
    High quality, supportive colleagues
    Very commercially focussed

Cons

Conservative in approach - sometimes struggles with change

Be more visible to colleagues and communicate more.

Risk adverse but stable company that treats its people with respect

I have been working at Infineum full-time

Pros

Considerable autonomy in role; Opportunity to travel; Respects individuals; Supportive of work-life balance; Pays well; Stable; Highly ethical; Safety conscious;

Cons

Exxon heritage - process oriented and risk adverse; Many managers, but very few leaders; Aging workforce who are stuck in ways; Puppet to shareholders - company is being held back; Slow career progression

Trust your people (not just "leaders") - treat people as grown ups; Hire youth; Make decisions

Best Retirement Home Ever!

Former Employee - Operations Assistant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Operations Assistant in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Infineum as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

It is a boon for those who resist changes, who do not want to be outstanding, love office politics. And those who are already retiring, since wages (except CPF contributions) do not change as you age. In case under the modular skill systems, you get into better wage bands as you move around different departments to gain more skills.

Cons

If you don't know how to play office politics, you're a goner. The first few lessons that I have learned is this "Take care of yourself first, don't bother helping others", "Don't change anything, know what the customer want".

Whilst the company has received multiple WSH awards, the Health part is misleading, since the canteen does not fall under Infineum but Exxonmobil. Catering always get the order wrong, unhygienic food, complains goes unheeded.

Mr. Xavier, I do have a headache working in your plant. (Response to your 2012 January question)

Feed back from the old timers, it's better to have an "Ang Moh" (Caucasian) in charge.

Good company to have on your resume

Former Employee - Chemical Engineering Co-op
    Former Employee - Chemical Engineering Co-op

I worked at Infineum as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

A lot of exposure to different aspects of the company throughout the variety of the projects assigned. .

Cons

You might get stuck with projects that are useless in terms of gaining valuable experience, matter of luck. You are valued for your personality rather than the quality of your work.