Infinity Ward

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Dave Stohl

Best company I ever worked for!

Senior Technical Visual Effects Artist (Former Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsFantastic environment, highly competitive salary and benefits. Incredibly talented and passionate group of people in the industry!
    Amazing project to work on with some of the minds that invented the most popular franchise in the entertainment history: Call of Duty! Fun work place with lots of amenities, parties and outdoor activities organization. Great technology to work with and ability to contribute to.

Incredible sense of 'family' within everybody in the company from developers to high management. It's a company that believe in actions and not in mere words and talents will always be rewarded anytime it deserve. Great sense of justice and everybody share a strong vision and knowledge.

ConsLong hours are needed during the last period but no surprise when you are working for such a big and well know franchise!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are just amazing, best managers in the industry!

One of the best companies I have worked with yet

Quality Assurance Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Encino, CA

ProsFun people, Great work environment, Good hours, Opportunities to advance

ConsHard to get a job with, Temps have very little influence

Great learning experience but terrible creative environment

Project Lead (Former Employee) Encino, CA

ProsFantastic compensation, good advancement opportunity to those willing to grow and learn, and plenty of resources and budget to get the job done. High profile studio name and franchises to work on that allow for good experience on large budget / large audience games. Free food in the kitchen and great studio amenities for the team (large kitchen, game room, theater, gym).

ConsCreative culture is lacking due to projects confined to specific genres and mechanics and determined by publisher. Decisions, business and creative, are decided by committee on publisher level (too many cooks in the kitchen syndrome). Highly political environment focused on profit margins rather than design innovation. No freedom of expression in design, concepts, or new ideas. Business focused management out of touch with the creative and passionate side of the industry. Frequent crunch periods.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage creative innovation through open design exploration, game jam teams, experimental feature lists, and break off groups for new IPs or concepts. Listen to employees and creatives regarding creative fatigue and allow those employees an outlet for their creative frustrations.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work

Game Designer (Current Employee)

ProsFree food, healthy environment, Friendly people

ConsLong work hours, Extreme Dead lines

Worked for Infinity Ward? Contribute to the Community!