Infinium Capital Management

Be The First To
Add Photos

Infinium Capital Management CEO Scott Rose

Scott Rose

Good People; Terrible Management.

Trader (Former Employee)

I worked at Infinium Capital Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- Fair compensation
- Good education program
- Easy to climb the ranks if you work hard
- At the end of the day a good group of people

Cons- Very disorganized; lack of structure and consistency across the board
- Prior management took advantage of a lot of people; created a mess
- Current employees are paying the price
- The Nepotism is a bit ridiculous

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are the back-bone of this company; treat them well.

Up and down like a rollercoaster

I worked at Infinium Capital Management full-time

ProsSmaller company with the ability to make your own decisions

ConsCompany lacks decisive leadership and direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people and let them contribute.

So much potential, but bad management will ruin anything.

I worked at Infinium Capital Management full-time for more than a year

ProsWhen I first walked through the door I knew this was a place I wanted to work. The people were great on the trading side as well as IT.

ConsWell if you can use google, just type in Infinium Capital Management and you will see why they are in the shape they are in. I am not sure what happened, but management made a lot of mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest and upfront with your people.

Despite the nepotisim, this was a well lrun company that treated its employees well

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Infinium Capital Management full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAs an engineer I was very well compensated. I got interesting work to do, and was well recognized for my achievements. Innovation was well rewarded

ConsHard economic times have changed who is running the company. There are accusations that employee funds in the capital pool were pilfered by the previous management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the current management: be careful. The rumors I've heard are not good - it is necessary to have satisfied employees to achieve world-class performance.

not a bad place

I worked at Infinium Capital Management

Prosnice people, free lunch, new management

Constoo structured for few years, struggling now

terrible place to work. Once it was a good company to work for but not anymore.

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Infinium Capital Management full-time for more than a year

ProsFree lunches and that is about it.

Consthe management team is the worst I've ever experienced in my life

Advice to Senior Managementyou should all quit and bring in a team who know exactly what they are doing

Great firm

Junior Trader (Former Employee)

I worked at Infinium Capital Management full-time for more than a year

ProsI worked at Infinium for 2.5 years and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. By the time i left, everyone their was like family; everyone their is extremely nice and willing to answer your questions.

ConsThis is not a small shop where everyone talks to everyone, other trading groups will answer your questions however they will never reveal anything proprietary to you. Inside the firm it truly is every trading group for itself.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive each trading group a project that they must build for another group in order to promote a team environment.

Lies, Egos, Poor Management

Junior Trader (Former Employee)

I worked at Infinium Capital Management full-time for less than a year

ProsFree lunch. They do have a decent education program if the senior traders take enough interest to actually teach it.

ConsWhere do I start. It is a very poorly managed firm from top to bottom. "Senior" folks are in their 20's with little to no actual experience managing anything. "Senior" really just means you're related to someone in the company. Not much of a team environment. Everyone is out for themselves. Although senior traders encourage junior traders to meet with them constantly to continue learning, very few if any make themselves even remotely available, with many leaving as soon after the closing bell as possible. Junior traders are treated pretty badly overall.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell, for one, hire management with actual management experience, not just retired traders. You have to know how to manage people, not just an options position.
Second, treat your junior staff as an investment instead of just another number. I was knocked for "poor performance in mock trading class" when I had not even been enrolled!
Senior traders should care a little more about junior traders and their development instead of beating traffic home or just trying to get to the cafeteria first. Your junior staff is an investment in the company's future, and you should treat them as such.

An ok place to work if you have average skills

Senior Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Infinium Capital Management full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCasual environment, friendly people, a lot of the New Age Christian leadership stuff / life coaching if you are into that. Benefits are good as well

ConsLiterally the most inexperienced people in derivatives trading run this place and come up with all of the business direction. I can't tell you how many people are "head of" this or that and have literally never had a job before coming to this place. You mostly work with inexperienced kids who think they are amazing at trading or technology; they will generally not hire experienced people from higher-tier firms. There is also a good deal of manipulation that goes on due to the mostly 20 something staff from upper management, or "The Leadership Team" as they refer to themselves. There is a ton of nepotism - I can't tell you how many people who work there have a job - even a trading job - because they are "Church Friends" with two of the owners. Looking busy, staying late, and talking about what a hard worker you are is championed over intelligence and being truly good at what you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have already axed like half the people who worked there - just pack it in and close the doors.

Fun place to work, stagnant career and salary growth

Core Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Infinium Capital Management

ProsAmazing culture. I absolutely loved working here. I played table tennis and billiards throughout the day with many of the developers to relax. Probably the best experience I've ever had in terms of aesthetics of the workplace, talent of cooworkers, challenge of the work, etc.

ConsAbsolutely horrible technology management. There is no long term technology vision. There are few projects, if any, planned out months in advance. They probably have no clue what type of stuff will be worked on 1 year from now.

Nepotism run wild. Your manager is an idiot, mainly because he's been employed at the company for 5+ years when the company was nothing, and he may be related to upper management.

Impossible to advance beyond people who have been there longer, even if you are twice as talented.

I was reprimanded for refusing to "copy and paste" code during a project I was working on. This should give you an idea of what to look forward to professionally...

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck

Worked for Infinium Capital Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Infinium Capital Management reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Infinium Capital Management CEO Scott Rose . All 23 reviews posted anonymously by Infinium Capital Management employees.