InfoCision

Add Photos

InfoCision CEO Craig Taylor

Craig Taylor

31 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This company is a stepping stone working here until you find where you really want to work.

Business Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Akron, OH

ProsThe friendships made with co-workers is what keeps you coming to work. Shared feeling and opinions of co-workers make you realize everyone is in the same situation at some time and and their support is appreciated.

ConsAsking for permission to use the bathroom from your supervisor is ridiculous. Supervisors are all easy to work with in the beginning but tend to change their attitude as soon as their higher ups get on them for not reaching sales goals. Bonuses are next to gone, and the turn over rate is incredibly high.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to one full hour lunch instead of two half hour lunches. Where can you drive, park, stand in line and order lunch, drive back, look for parking and eat in your car at the same time, and then get back inside to punch in in a half hour?? Getting back to asking for the OK to use the bathroom?, I'd like to ask the male supervisors what they would think when their wives come home telling them they are now required to ask for permission to use the bathroom, and then are allowed only 5 minutes to do so. Great for middle aged women in menopause.

The talent is leaving in droves for many reasons.

Director (Former Employee)
    Akron, OH

ProsSome genuinely nice people, the offices are nice.

ConsIncredibly low pay, many of the former President's cronies are still in leadership positions (which isn't a good thing), the service is quickly becoming antiquated and half of the clients spew hate and lies to the poor and elderly.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook in the mirror and ask yourself why some of your absolute best people have left over the past two years and why many others are trying to leave. If you are the most expensive telemarketing company, why is your pay the lowest?

Life at InfoCision

Clerical (Former Employee)
    Akron, OH

ProsIt can be pleasant, depending on which department you work in. Pleasant atmosphere, good benefits, on site physician, work out room.

ConsThere is much nepotism, and cronyism. This can lead to resentment, and low morale. If not capable of a position, one will still get the job, and their in capabilities will be over looked, as in, nepotism/cronyism. If past over for a position, you're never told why.
    InfoCision has a Christian flag on their flag pole, they need to consider taking it down. They are misrepresenting themselves. This might have been the case in the early, days, but this flag no longer has a good fit with the company.
    They treat their Communicators as third class citizens, these Communicators have the hardest job in the company. It is a thankless job.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs far as, upper management, and the Executive Team, they have a great need for more coaching, and PR.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You get back what you put in

Call Center Manager (Current Employee)
    Akron, OH

ProsFamily oriented, this company cares about it's employees and really takes care of them all. Great place to work - the people are amazing

ConsConstant change - but I suppose that's the nature of the business. You have to be willing to change to stay ahead of the industry

Why did I work here?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Akron, OH

ProsWell, the office was nice, until the facilities people ruined it by wallpapering and carpeting it in the style of a 1920's brothel.

ConsYou're working for just about every bible-thumping, right-wing nutball group out there. They treat their phone agents like cattle.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the assets now.

Iwanted to build my career here,the b2b manager mistreating her employees is forcing me to look for other opportunities

Akron, OH

ProsExcellent place to get your feet wet. Really great people met over the past 3 years. If you have a great supervisor that will stick by your side and fight for you, you will love and enjoy your job and become successful.

ConsI used to be a huge promoter of InfoCision. I have been here 3 1/2 years. When I came here 3 years ago I didn't plan to be here more than a year. I really enjoyed it and found that I was a very great salesperson. I was asked to move to business services and became even more successful. Since then I have been promoted 2 times and I find the place very misleading. I now find that the management here is very unprofessional. The worst thing is when someone doesn't like you or begins to harass you through management, you have no one to go to because they all seem to be best friends. My HRC, Manager, and Director are buddies. You feel like you can't go to anyone about issues. There is a really high turn over ratio due to the way they treat their employees. They are also very misleading when it comes to the amount of annual income you will be making. In 3 years, with 2 promotions I make less now than I did last year. The max annually I have brought home was only 26k. I am now looking for other opportunities, not due to money, but due to the way management has been treating people. The manager uses bad language when talking down to her employees, she has talked about applicants for positions to people on the sales floor and degraded them, she treats her supervisors and trainers poorly and refuses to help anyone, but expects everyone to understand the wants & needs of the company. I am very upset that InfoCision turned out this way in the last 7 months. I wanted to make a career out of this place, but now feel unappreciated and mistreated.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a real HRC for employees to go to about your management. No employee should feel they have no one to turn to about issues they are having with management because the manager has friends in high places. It's very disappointing that I have to leave a place where I wanted to build my career due to the negligence of HRC and management. Craig really needs to see how his management is treating his employees. My position doesn't make or break the company, but your people on the phones are being mistreated in business services and it's sad to watch.

Not a bad experience, just not for me.

Account Representative (Former Employee)
    Akron, OH

ProsGreat people, treat employees well.

ConsTop heavy, some higher ups seem shady.

Great place to work

IT Professional (Current Employee)
    Akron, OH

ProsI have always had management invest time into helping me develop as a professional. Any time I've sought out additional training or seminars, I've always gotten full support. Sometimes getting feedback on your performance is a little lacking, but at the end of the day, if you'd like to know how you are doing, ASK! I've worked with all the Mike's in the IT department and I've always found them to have an open door policy, listen to my concerns, and give a genuine interest in my opinions. I've never received anything but support from management in IT.

ConsYes, the pay is a little under the industry average, however, if you want to work at a place that you feel secure and invested in, then this place is a good company. I understand that pay is importan to a lot of people, but coming into work, enjoying what you do, working with fantastics peers, and having a boss that is supportive also means something.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management, especially in IT, is a little heavy. I think there is opportunity to really take a look at the staff and evaluate whether or not everyone is in the right role for their skill set. There is a lot of talent, and if utilized properly, we could really make some forward movement.

It's not called "InfoPrison" for nothing

Phone Slave (Current Employee)
    Akron, OH

ProsYou will earn an almost-livable wage, provided shooting for the poverty line was your goal. Paid holidays, Paid Time Off, etc. On-site fitness center, doctor available. Flexible scheduling. Umm, ample parking? Think that's it.

ConsInfoCision, at least as far as VR ('Volunteer Recruitment', the branch of the company that deals with InfoCision's Non-profit clients like American Heart Assoc., American Lung Assoc., etc.) insists on clinging to a failing business model and from the bottom looking up, has no plans to change it despite the writing on the wall. As a result you'll be calling the same group of people repeatedly, who have already declined to participate. practically begging them to commit to something they tell you doesn't work (mailing letters requesting donations from neighbors or friends/family). Why does InfoCision insist on pushing campaigns that everyone knows won't generate any funds for the non-profit? Google "Infocision Bloomberg" for the answer. Also, god help you if you're a liberal or a non-christian working for this place; you will be required to leave your conscience and beliefs at the door upon clocking in, and start shilling for the NRA, pro-life organizations, and sleazy televangelists...NOT what I signed up for.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out something for the future, and look beyond your own petty clique and recognize talent when it's time for promotions/advancement. You have a LOT of people just waiting for an opportunity to jump ship.

High pressure

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsManagement & trainers are great

ConsYou must ask for people to use their credit cards for donations. Mandatory to ask more than once, even if the contributor says no credit card

Advice to Senior ManagementEase up on QC scoring. Allow for judgement decisions.by CSR

Worked for InfoCision? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InfoCision reviews and ratings in Akron, OH — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for InfoCision CEO Craig Taylor. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by InfoCision employees.