InfoCision

Updated November 16, 2014
2.3

InfoCision CEO Craig Taylor
Craig Taylor

Pros
  • Great people to work with, will let you have a flexible schedule, have some decent benefits (in 7 reviews)

• They offered me a full time position with benefits when no one else had this opportunity available to me (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be somewhat flexible to adjust to changing needs of the call center (in 10 reviews)

• Very low pay for the amount of work a person does (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

37 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Program Supervisor

Current Employee - Program Supervisor in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Program Supervisor in Akron, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (more than an year)

Pros

4 day work week. Corporate is always willing to help.

Cons

Type of work is monotonous. Not for all.

Better pay. It isn't competitive.

You gotta have real thick skin to deal with the BS

Former Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Semi- Clean facility, flexible hours, a break room with a TV and food . They also have a doctor and workout room

Cons

The pay was an atrocity! You sit for long periods of hours trying to get these people money. It was the worst experience of my life

Just Stop!

Little opportunity to advance

Current Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers learn from each other

Cons

Getting cussed out by people on the phone

Care more about communicators

Misled into misery

Former Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sadly, there are none. You will make very little money...a few coworkers made the time go faster, so that is a pro.

Cons

The challenge is knowing that you are representing a company who claims to be "christian" and yet acts as anything but. Be prepared to harass people all day for money. I was told shifts were Monday through Friday and was forced to work a weekend.

get saved

Abysmal

Current Employee - Business Account Manager in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Business Account Manager in Akron, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I can't think of too many. The job was just not what I thought it would be but I was desperate and needed work. My welfare ran out and I was in a bad place. My time at McDonalds was more rewarding.

Cons

Too many to list here. If you think 20K is good money you will enjoy this. You have to ask permission to use the bathroom, you will be forced to work weekends. I am missing out on spending time with my kids as a single mom. There is no way to move up in the company.

clean house and get real leaders in place. also, maybe require a high school diploma or ged to get hired.

Shouldn't fly the "Christian" flag

Current Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In most cases the supervisors and very helpful but corporate decisions are pressed upon them. The company changes policies at a whim with little strategic planning.

Onsite doctor and workout room (You pay for out of your salary).

At most times a fun environment.

Cons

Company messes with numbers to avoid paying promised bonuses. Outbound calls can be directed to individuals to improve/reduce communicators success numbers. Suggestions fall on deaf ears. Then they are later implemented with the upper management taking the credit. Scripts used during calls often refer to matching funds that have long been used up. Salary consists of base pay plus differential. When the national hourly rate went up they reducde the differential to compensate. And the list goes on.

Either don't fly the "Christian" flag or stop manipulating the "Communicator" pay, you claim are the backbone of the company.

This company is a stepping stone working here until you find where you really want to work.

Former Employee - Business Account Manager in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Business Account Manager in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The friendships made with co-workers is what keeps you coming to work. Shared feeling and opinions of co-workers make you realize everyone is in the same situation at some time and and their support is appreciated.

Cons

Asking for permission to use the bathroom from your supervisor is ridiculous. Supervisors are all easy to work with in the beginning but tend to change their attitude as soon as their higher ups get on them for not reaching sales goals. Bonuses are next to gone, and the turn over rate is incredibly high.

Go back to one full hour lunch instead of two half hour lunches. Where can you drive, park, stand in line and order lunch, drive back, look for parking and eat in your car at the same time, and then get back inside to punch in in a half hour?? Getting back to asking for the OK to use the bathroom?, I'd like to ask the male supervisors what they would think when their wives come home telling them they are now required to ask for permission to use the bathroom, and then are allowed only 5 minutes to do so. Great for middle aged women in menopause.

The talent is leaving in droves for many reasons.

Former Employee - Director in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Director in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time

Pros

Some genuinely nice people, the offices are nice.

Cons

Incredibly low pay, many of the former President's cronies are still in leadership positions (which isn't a good thing), the service is quickly becoming antiquated and half of the clients spew hate and lies to the poor and elderly.

Look in the mirror and ask yourself why some of your absolute best people have left over the past two years and why many others are trying to leave. If you are the most expensive telemarketing company, why is your pay the lowest?

Life at InfoCision

Former Employee - Clerical in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Clerical in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It can be pleasant, depending on which department you work in. Pleasant atmosphere, good benefits, on site physician, work out room.

Cons

There is much nepotism, and cronyism. This can lead to resentment, and low morale. If not capable of a position, one will still get the job, and their in capabilities will be over looked, as in, nepotism/cronyism. If past over for a position, you're never told why.
    InfoCision has a Christian flag on their flag pole, they need to consider taking it down. They are misrepresenting themselves. This might have been the case in the early, days, but this flag no longer has a good fit with the company.
    They treat their Communicators as third class citizens, these Communicators have the hardest job in the company. It is a thankless job.

As far as, upper management, and the Executive Team, they have a great need for more coaching, and PR.

You get back what you put in

Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Akron, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Family oriented, this company cares about it's employees and really takes care of them all. Great place to work - the people are amazing

Cons

Constant change - but I suppose that's the nature of the business. You have to be willing to change to stay ahead of the industry