InfoCision

Updated December 2, 2014
2.3

InfoCision CEO Craig Taylor
Craig Taylor

Pros
  • Great people to work with, will let you have a flexible schedule, have some decent benefits (in 7 reviews)

• They offered me a full time position with benefits when no one else had this opportunity available to me (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be somewhat flexible to adjust to changing needs of the call center (in 10 reviews)

• Very low pay for the amount of work a person does (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Sometimes pleasant sometimes not.

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Scheduling very flexible, I had a really helpful supervisor

Cons

Low pay and constant job changes

Most hated job

I worked at InfoCision

Pros

Weekly pay checks, trainers ok, supervisors ok but other than that it's not that easy to talk about the good things with the company

Cons

Multiple....force new programs on communicators supervisors gossip about the communicators bad. Terrible mangers that are sellouts not really a great company only if your despirate

Highly Stressful but the woman/men who take phone calls beside you are great to work with.

Former Employee - Telemarketer in New Castle, PA
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in New Castle, PA

I worked at InfoCision full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get 2 weeks paid vacation a year (if your full-time) Paid time-off, sick paid time too. Flexible hours, training 90% of the time, the supervisors help you with sales (if they feel you need it or if their made too) After 4 years, there were VERY FEW company calls I enjoyed taking, and that didn't last long because another call room in Ohio would take over those or the client would leave Infocision because they are the most expensive.

Cons

I don't know 1 person (in 4 yrs and being in different call center rooms) on the phones who didn't complain and hate their job. But you come to work because you need a paycheck and enjoy the people you sit with. You call customers who don't want you bothering them to ask for money and they've been called many times. You have to ask customers calling you from tv commercials to buy MORE and MORE and upset them. The supervisors, office staff, corp.staff, managers and trainers NEVER complain about their jobs because their not on the phones begging customers for money. Your job is MORE on the line and LOW pay. They lie about $13/hr! It says UP-TO, read the fine print. You have to be just about the BEST person in the room (out of 100) to make that kind of money and the moment your sales goes down, you LOSE it and make m/w. Bonuses change at their discretion. You can get $100 one week, do great in sales the next and get $5. You cannot depend on bonuses. Their are woman/men who are amazing, fantastic on the phones and they don't get promoted. Instead, the company hires someone OUTSIDE the company (who knows nothing about telemarketing). And it's the supervisor's job to ALWAYS find out what your doing wrong in a call to help you be better. Even the greatest sales people in the room are told they need to improve in some area. So, they make you feel like your never good enough. Their there to enforce the rules and your there to make them money. The company is there to make money and will take calls from just about any company. (excepts democrats b/c the owner is republican) They also LIE to newly hires! They tell them they are taking calls for 1 company and right after training, they train them for a completely different company they will HATE taking calls for! Like Oubound calls, their just not mentally ready for. I see groups of new trainee's from 2-20 people sitting in their section of the room and about a month later, I look over and their all gone! Maybe one left. So I ask and are told they all quit. Happens all the time. You have to be desperate for this job and to keep it.
    One other thing, when your taking calls for one company and your meeting the sale requirements, they increase the sale goals until you cant meet them and they explain to you that your sales are down. So then you can get written up. If your doing amazing on one program and they train and switch you to another company where NOBODY meets the sale goals then everybody is told "it's easy, just do your job" You LOSE Bonus pay and even your yearly pay increase too! And written up or fired. I've known many people who were great on the phone and fired for not meeting sale goals. The supervisor/manager should switch them to take calls from another company their hiring anyway, but they don't.

When hiring for supervisors, trainers, office staff, you should ONLY promote with-in. There are hundreds of people to choose from, so it cant be that complicated. And I'm talking about someone who hasn't necessarily worked there for 6 months or 1 year, but consider those who have been with you for YEARS! The office culture has really got to change. I performed better in calls when there was music to make me happy and the room was decorated like a party feel to it. And don't be going to other call center rooms and Eating their potluck foods that YOU didn't provide. Paying $7-$8/hr isn't worth the negative/stressful calls we have to take. When someone is sick for months and they come back, DONT TAKE AWAY THEIR PAY INCREASES THEY BUILT UP OVER YEARS OF WORKING FOR YOU. Someone who has been with your company for 8 years should NOT be making $8/hr! Especially when new people sometimes make $11/hr. And corp. should pay attention and care about the abuse some managers put on the communicators. The 1st manager I had actually yelled at the supervisors if they were smiling enough or treating the communicators in a good way. He took complaints seriously. But none of the other 3 managers were ever like that. You should train your managers to not be buddy/pals with the trainers and supervisors but supervise them and make sure THEY are treating the communicators correctly!!! And you should allow employees to work 20 hours if they want. Not just 28, 32, and 40. You would have ALOT more people stay with your company and keep their Sanity if they worked 15-20 hours a week. Stop changing the bonuses all the time. Just stick with one bonus that works and makes EVERYONE happy. And start asking people what calls THEY want to take. When I'm in a room where we take 15 different companies calls at once, I NEVER got asked what calls I LIKED. It was always the supervisors job to put me where they thought I performed better. But if I would have been asked, I would have given chosen calls that a lot of other people didn't like. So, If the employee gets to make the decision at least they know they CHOSE it themselves and perform better. If they're FORCED to take calls they hate (just because YOU might get paid more money by that client) they WONT perform better.

A Job not a career

I have been working at InfoCision full-time

Pros

Great flexibility with schedule
    Great Co-workers from all walks of life
    Management OK once they realize your going to stick around
     CEO is learning to make it better for employees not just management

Cons

Weird pay structure
     commission can be CAPPED
    bonus structure could be better

Give your employees the money they deserve and you will get better results instead on finding ways not to pay them.

Program Supervisor

Current Employee - Program Supervisor in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Program Supervisor in Akron, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (more than an year)

Pros

4 day work week. Corporate is always willing to help.

Cons

Type of work is monotonous. Not for all.

Better pay. It isn't competitive.

Sustainable growth

I have been working at InfoCision

Pros

Great chances to get good coaching on a booming buisness

Cons

depending on your closest superior you may be required to "pay your dues" in positions you are over qualified for. Unless you have a degree

Your Fresh out of college 25 year old who has chosen you for their first job will not make a better supervisor than someone who has years of experience supervising.

You gotta have real thick skin to deal with the BS

Former Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Semi- Clean facility, flexible hours, a break room with a TV and food . They also have a doctor and workout room

Cons

The pay was an atrocity! You sit for long periods of hours trying to get these people money. It was the worst experience of my life

Just Stop!

I have to work

Current Employee - Communicator in Boardman, OH
    Current Employee - Communicator in Boardman, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you work hard you will be rewarded

Cons

You have to work to get paid. They only promote people who work hard. I worked 50% of my hours for the last 3 months but I worked 100% the first month I was there, they said I need to improve my attendance. I worked the first month what is wrong with them. They said I knew the policies because I signed the form explaining them. Don't they realized I did not read them. Why do the people who perform well get Bonus. I need money too, I can’t help I struggle on the phone.

It should not matter if your good at the job. It should only matter if you come to work

Ok first job

Former Employee - Communicator (Nonprofit) in Austintown, OH
    Former Employee - Communicator (Nonprofit) in Austintown, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Professional atmosphere, full time job, nice coworkers

Cons

The people you call are usually not happy to deal with telemarketers or fundraisers anyway, and having to presure them through multiple requests through a script is rough. They get mad and you just have to keep pressing, even if they give legit reasons for not donating and are firm, you are supposed to win them over and hear the yes in their no.You also have added stress in the nonprofit department from supervisors to keep your index (ratio of call successes versus people who wont donate) up and sometimes you just cant. I started feeling like the system was against me and no matter how hard I worked, I would never succed and make bonus.

There are wonderfull supervisors and charities to raise money for, but the frequency of calls to the same donors and multiple requests in one phone call are turning people off. They also need to give more break time. The two half hour breaks arent enough time to eat or rest up after the mental stress of constant phone calls.

Only if you need a job

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Fairlawn, OH
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Fairlawn, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fairly easy work, no hassle hire

Cons

Strict environment, when I was there-weekly scandals in the newspaper. Low pay, high turnover. Constant press from the pit bosses to hit numbers for fundraising, political etc...

Better Pay, better work.