InfoCision Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
2.2

InfoCision CEO Craig Taylor
Craig Taylor

Pros
  • Great people to work with, will let you have a flexible schedule, have some decent benefits (in 7 reviews)

• They offered me a full time position with benefits when no one else had this opportunity available to me (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be somewhat flexible to adjust to changing needs of the call center (in 10 reviews)

• Very low pay for the amount of work a person does (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

I have to work

Current Employee - Communicator in Boardman, OH
    Current Employee - Communicator in Boardman, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you work hard you will be rewarded

Cons

You have to work to get paid. They only promote people who work hard. I worked 50% of my hours for the last 3 months but I worked 100% the first month I was there, they said I need to improve my attendance. I worked the first month what is wrong with them. They said I knew the policies because I signed the form explaining them. Don't they realized I did not read them. Why do the people who perform well get Bonus. I need money too, I can’t help I struggle on the phone.

It should not matter if your good at the job. It should only matter if you come to work

Sustainable growth

I have been working at InfoCision

Pros

Great chances to get good coaching on a booming buisness

Cons

depending on your closest superior you may be required to "pay your dues" in positions you are over qualified for. Unless you have a degree

Your Fresh out of college 25 year old who has chosen you for their first job will not make a better supervisor than someone who has years of experience supervising.

Little opportunity to advance

Current Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers learn from each other

Cons

Getting cussed out by people on the phone

Care more about communicators

Not a Career Choice

Former Employee - Communicator in Fairlawn, OH
    Former Employee - Communicator in Fairlawn, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (less than an year)

Pros

fills time, people watching is entertaining

Cons

Training is not reading powerpoint slides aloud. Assignments work better when the person who would perform the actual work wants that specific task. I was hired for one thing, then sent to another department (where others had been and been sorely displeased) without consult.

Stop treatring the workforce as not much more than "seats to be filled" constant turnover should indicate the many places where your "system" is lacking.

Treat long time employees terribly

Former Employee - Communictor in Fairlawn, OH
    Former Employee - Communictor in Fairlawn, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Fairly decent training. The supervisors were very nice and knowledgeable and co workers were fun to be around. I made some life long friends there.

Cons

I was there for over 20 years. The 1st several years were great, but they started a policy of take away and things went down hill. One of the things they did was direct calls so that they could control your money...especially if you were there for a long time and making good money. They haven't change their base rate in at least 3 years. They'll suspend you at the drop of a hat and don't stand up for their employees at all. It's a terrible place to work, especially since they'd change hours with barely any notice.

Average Employer

I have been working at InfoCision full-time

Pros

InfoCision provides an above average work/life balance

Cons

Some senior executives are very difficult to work with and if you're a woman, in order to succeed, you have to fit into a certain mold . Salary is about 20% lower than what is being offered in other similar companies.

Good place to start at

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Fairlawn, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Fairlawn, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to learn and gain SQL Skills

Cons

Low pay even after working there for 5 years. You can get promotions but no pay increase.

When evaluating your people be sure to compensate the ones doing the work.

Misled into misery

Former Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sadly, there are none. You will make very little money...a few coworkers made the time go faster, so that is a pro.

Cons

The challenge is knowing that you are representing a company who claims to be "christian" and yet acts as anything but. Be prepared to harass people all day for money. I was told shifts were Monday through Friday and was forced to work a weekend.

get saved

Horrible.

Former Employee - Communicator
    Former Employee - Communicator

I worked at InfoCision part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro, is that 2 of my fellow training classmates were very nice.

Cons

The interviewer lied to me on multiple issues. Training is extremely long, and confusing. All yo do is read powerpoints. You'll get 5 different answers to your questions. You have to work Holidays, including Thanksgiving, Christmas day, and Easter! They claim to be a Christian company, but they're not. They're all about the money. The interviewer even said "even if an old woman tells you her husband just died, you need to ask 3 times for money, because we don't know if her husband left her money or how much is in her bank account.". I was shocked! You are forced to lie and say your an employee of one of their clients, or a member of one of their client's organziations. There's so much lying going on during their calls, its ridiculous! There's no sick days, your vacation and paid time off is a joke, its all earned in hours not days. You have to ask people who tell you they have hospital bills "do you have $10,000 of them?". They throw you onto the phones with no experience to harass people! The trainer throws everything at you the first day of training, and treats you like an idiot. I truly believe that the new employees are smarter then the trainers and managers. You have to ask to use the bathroom, and can only use it 2 times a day, and you can't begone more then 5 minutes total, or you'll be fired, or loose some of your paycheck. They literally time you, with a timer on the screen, I'm not joking! Take your talent elsewhere, unless you like being treatedlike an idiot, and harassing others for money.

Get new trainers, ones that actually know what they're doing! Training isn't reading powerpoints. Close on Thanksgiving, Christmas etc. Have sick days, fix your vacation, and paid time off to days, not hours. Let your employees use the bathroom when they want, for how ever long they want! Stop treating us like we are stupid, when were smarter then you! Stop claming to be a Christian company, when you're not. Stop having your employees harass the people they call!

Good place to gain experience. Wouldn't spend my career here.

Former Employee - Program Supervisor in Austintown, OH
    Former Employee - Program Supervisor in Austintown, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work 4 days, 10 hour shifts. Expect to put in around 45-48 hours each week. The work isn't that hard, just make sure that account teams and operations teams communicate well, and you will feel more appreciated. 401k, insurance, and on-site benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Starting salary is low, pay raises are pretty much just covering inflation/cost of living increases. Bonuses will depend on the division you work in, and if you are bonusing well, you will make a decent wage. If you call off it affects the work the other staff can do, and they have to do more with less. The work is really repetitive after a while, and is not very challenging once you understand your job and how it fits into the company picture. It is hard to get a M-F dayshift position, and therefore your schedule doesn't match up with others in most instances.

Keep adapting with the industry because I am doubtful telecommunications as we know it will exist in 15-20 years.