InfoCision Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
2.2

InfoCision CEO Craig Taylor
Craig Taylor

Pros
  • Great people to work with, will let you have a flexible schedule, have some decent benefits (in 7 reviews)

• They offered me a full time position with benefits when no one else had this opportunity available to me (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be somewhat flexible to adjust to changing needs of the call center (in 10 reviews)

• Very low pay for the amount of work a person does (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Not a Career Choice

Former Employee - Communicator  in  Fairlawn, OH
    Former Employee - Communicator in Fairlawn, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time for less than a year

Pros

fills time, people watching is entertaining

Cons

Training is not reading powerpoint slides aloud. Assignments work better when the person who would perform the actual work wants that specific task. I was hired for one thing, then sent to another department (where others had been and been sorely displeased) without consult.

Stop treatring the workforce as not much more than "seats to be filled" constant turnover should indicate the many places where your "system" is lacking.

Opportunity to speak a variety of people.

Current Employee - Communicator
    Current Employee - Communicator

I have been working at InfoCision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great comeraderie among co-workers, daily

Cons

Required to sit for long periods of time in small, confined area.

None

Average Employer

I have been working at InfoCision full-time

Pros

InfoCision provides an above average work/life balance

Cons

Some senior executives are very difficult to work with and if you're a woman, in order to succeed, you have to fit into a certain mold . Salary is about 20% lower than what is being offered in other similar companies.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to start at

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer  in  Fairlawn, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Fairlawn, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good place to learn and gain SQL Skills

Cons

Low pay even after working there for 5 years. You can get promotions but no pay increase.

When evaluating your people be sure to compensate the ones doing the work.

Horrible.

Former Employee - Communicator
    Former Employee - Communicator

I worked at InfoCision part-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pro, is that 2 of my fellow training classmates were very nice.

Cons

The interviewer lied to me on multiple issues. Training is extremely long, and confusing. All yo do is read powerpoints. You'll get 5 different answers to your questions. You have to work Holidays, including Thanksgiving, Christmas day, and Easter! They claim to be a Christian company, but they're not. They're all about the money. The interviewer even said "even if an old woman tells you her husband just died, you need to ask 3 times for money, because we don't know if her husband left her money or how much is in her bank account.". I was shocked! You are forced to lie and say your an employee of one of their clients, or a member of one of their client's organziations. There's so much lying going on during their calls, its ridiculous! There's no sick days, your vacation and paid time off is a joke, its all earned in hours not days. You have to ask people who tell you they have hospital bills "do you have $10,000 of them?". They throw you onto the phones with no experience to harass people! The trainer throws everything at you the first day of training, and treats you like an idiot. I truly believe that the new employees are smarter then the trainers and managers. You have to ask to use the bathroom, and can only use it 2 times a day, and you can't begone more then 5 minutes total, or you'll be fired, or loose some of your paycheck. They literally time you, with a timer on the screen, I'm not joking! Take your talent elsewhere, unless you like being treatedlike an idiot, and harassing others for money.

Get new trainers, ones that actually know what they're doing! Training isn't reading powerpoints. Close on Thanksgiving, Christmas etc. Have sick days, fix your vacation, and paid time off to days, not hours. Let your employees use the bathroom when they want, for how ever long they want! Stop treating us like we are stupid, when were smarter then you! Stop claming to be a Christian company, when you're not. Stop having your employees harass the people they call!

Two week and then I'm totally changing careers hopefully!

Current Employee - Communicator  in  Mount Clare, WV
    Current Employee - Communicator in Mount Clare, WV

I have been working at InfoCision full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's difficult to come up with anything positive to say about my time working at InfoCision. I made a little money, but I could have made more working less hours delivering pizza, and I would morally have felt better by doing so.

Cons

It's a very stressful and repetitive job. You are hired if you can read a script. No skills, education or experience are necessary. I did not enjoy my team or supervisor. I was on a team where I had to ask to use the bathroom. I know a lot of new hires are complaining that the job description says most shifts are Monday through Friday but you will have to pick a weekend shift to work, no exceptions. Only accept their offer if you can't find work but keep looking.

Rework your pay and bonus structure and maybe you'll attract decent talent to this place.

Shouldn't fly the "Christian" flag

Current Employee - Communicator  in  Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In most cases the supervisors and very helpful but corporate decisions are pressed upon them. The company changes policies at a whim with little strategic planning.

Onsite doctor and workout room (You pay for out of your salary).

At most times a fun environment.

Cons

Company messes with numbers to avoid paying promised bonuses. Outbound calls can be directed to individuals to improve/reduce communicators success numbers. Suggestions fall on deaf ears. Then they are later implemented with the upper management taking the credit. Scripts used during calls often refer to matching funds that have long been used up. Salary consists of base pay plus differential. When the national hourly rate went up they reducde the differential to compensate. And the list goes on.

Either don't fly the "Christian" flag or stop manipulating the "Communicator" pay, you claim are the backbone of the company.

Good place to gain experience. Wouldn't spend my career here.

Former Employee - Program Supervisor  in  Austintown, OH
    Former Employee - Program Supervisor in Austintown, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work 4 days, 10 hour shifts. Expect to put in around 45-48 hours each week. The work isn't that hard, just make sure that account teams and operations teams communicate well, and you will feel more appreciated. 401k, insurance, and on-site benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Starting salary is low, pay raises are pretty much just covering inflation/cost of living increases. Bonuses will depend on the division you work in, and if you are bonusing well, you will make a decent wage. If you call off it affects the work the other staff can do, and they have to do more with less. The work is really repetitive after a while, and is not very challenging once you understand your job and how it fits into the company picture. It is hard to get a M-F dayshift position, and therefore your schedule doesn't match up with others in most instances.

Keep adapting with the industry because I am doubtful telecommunications as we know it will exist in 15-20 years.

Shouldn't Have Interviewed There!

Former Employee - Call Center Representative  in  Austintown, OH
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Austintown, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can't think of any pro's at this moment. If I really had to, I'll say there are bathrooms inside the building. You have to ask permission to use them, but at least they have a bathroom. Also, if you are inexperienced and uneducated this is the place for you! If you can read a script word for word you will get hired.

Cons

So many to list, where do I begin? I thought this was going to be a semi professional company to work for, and a respectable position...boy was I wrong. If you have an education and real work experience don't even consider working here. You will not make any money and will be forced to work weekends, even though they will lie and tell you otherwise when you apply. That is the number one complaint I hear from new hires.

grow up and stop calling yourself a Christian company.

Abysmal

Current Employee - Business Account Manager  in  Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Business Account Manager in Akron, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't think of too many. The job was just not what I thought it would be but I was desperate and needed work. My welfare ran out and I was in a bad place. My time at McDonalds was more rewarding.

Cons

Too many to list here. If you think 20K is good money you will enjoy this. You have to ask permission to use the bathroom, you will be forced to work weekends. I am missing out on spending time with my kids as a single mom. There is no way to move up in the company.

clean house and get real leaders in place. also, maybe require a high school diploma or ged to get hired.

Worked for InfoCision? Contribute to the Community!