InfoCision Reviews

Reset
2.5
InfoCision CEO Craig Taylor
Craig Taylor

Pros
  • It's the first full time job i've ever held and it's great considering you get health insurance and a matched 401k (in 6 reviews)

• Semi- Clean facility, flexible hours, a break room with a TV and food (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay even after working there for 5 years (in 8 reviews)

• You will not make any money and will be forced to work weekends, even though they will lie and tell you otherwise when you apply (in 3 reviews)

1. Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Pros

Great company with good core values. The atmosphere is upbeat and positive.

Cons

I do not have any cons for InfoCision.

Advice to Management

Continue the employee engagement and fun activities.

2. Call center

Current Employee - Business Account Manager in Medina, OH
    Current Employee - Business Account Manager in Medina, OH

I have been working at InfoCision (Less than a year)

Pros

Typical call center environment for sales

Cons

I have no cons for this company

current employee

Current Employee - Communicator in Youngstown, OH
    Current Employee - Communicator in Youngstown, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time

Pros

fun environment, learn great customer service skills, good benefits package with dental, vision, 401k, medical, and company paid life insurance. Most supervisors really try to give support.

Cons

pay is not great. long periods of sitting down and looking at the computer with the headset on. Have to get used to hearing no.

Advice to Management

less trophies and awards....more pay. keep it simple for the communicators.....put your self in their shoes when something seems difficult for them.

5. Quick Review of Infocision

Former Employee - Volunteer Recruitment in Huntington, WV
    Former Employee - Volunteer Recruitment in Huntington, WV

I worked at InfoCision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for a company that cares about raising money for non-profits (Leukemia and Lymphoma, American Institute for Cancer Research)

Cons

This company may or may not be completely truthful about how funds are distributed by it's Customer Service Associates

Don't do it!

Former Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They allow you to work indoors with a working bathroom, take a lunch break, and pay you in the correct currency.

Cons

Micromanagement, lies, terrible pay which is just above being on welfare. There is nothing good about Infocision. If you are really desperate and need income in the meantime, while looking for a real job opportunity, I'd say still don't do it. This job really is for people with no skills or education stuck in the Akron/Canton Area.

Advice to Management

Shut this place down

7. Account Executivie

Former Employee - Account Executive in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, with a common goal in mind. I believe they made every employee feel that their role was important. Approachable upper management and very family oriented.

Cons

The pay can't keep talent. I'd still be at the company had I not been living paycheck to paycheck.

Advice to Management

Find a way to keep top talent. It's a common theme that when individuals leave the company they wish they would have stayed, but have to stay due to higher salary.

Not the best, but you will get paid.

Former Employee - Telecommunicator in Huntington, WV
    Former Employee - Telecommunicator in Huntington, WV

I worked at InfoCision full-time

Pros

Good pay if you can work the evening shift(2-10pm). Bonuses for people that make sales quotas and fun games to try to get people to compete.

Cons

If you work the morning shift (9-5pm), you get paid 2 dollars less per hour. Anyone who has kids in school can either take the pay cut or never see their children. No time to breathe - they are on you constantly to keep calls going, and can be mean if you don't. Very repetitive tedious work.

Advice to Management

Chill out it's just a job.

InfoPrison

Former Employee - Volunteer Recruitment and Faith Based Communicator in Clarksburg, WV

I worked at InfoCision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were sincere, committed and passionate about their work. Faith-Based Communicators bonded over an informal communicator-led worship service held in the break room on Wednesday or Thursday evenings. We read passages from the Bible, sang hymns and prayed for one another. We prayed for the success of the programs before each calling period. The programs we called for deserved all of the time and attention afforded them. We called for programs that clothed the homeless and fed the hungry. You could easily become lost in a script and focus solely on the emotional aspects of reaching out to a hurting world. Volunteer recruitment also supports worthy causes. I spoke with families and individuals directly impacted by devastating diseases. I will never forget the way I felt after I spoke with a grieving father. He had recently lost his 14 year old daughter to an aggressive form of leukemia. The script I read seemed bland and dull before I spoke with him. It's easy to forget there are faces behind statistics.

Cons

Where do I begin? *A lack of trust in employees. I wasn't feeling well during a calling period, so I took a bathroom break. A supervisor came looking for me after a few minutes. He became suspicious because he had bad experiences at another InfoCision location's call center in Ohio. The InfoCision call center in Ohio was located near a prison, so many of the employees were former inmates. I believe he realized I was ill. but he didn't apologize for his actions. *Low pay and long hours. *Working at least one weekend day. I usually ended up working both weekend days,so I missed out on family gatherings and outings with friends. *Emotional labor aspect of work. Physical labor is demanding of the body; emotional labor strips the soul. I can't count the number of times I walked out of the building with my heart pounding and tears in my eyes. It's difficult to not have a sense of self-loathing when you feel as though you've taken the last cent from a needy person to line someone's coffers. *Lack of recognition *Shredding call lists. Calling the same donors over and over again for donations. *Politicized work. Faith Based programs frequently mixed secular politics with religion. *Small raises, if any *Revolving door of employees. Doesn't retention matter? Shouldn't a business go out of its way to keep high-performers? *Blase attitude about objections. So what it they're on a fixed income? You're on a fixed income too. You're not getting a raise. Difficult to say to a potential donor with nothing to eat for Thanksgiving except a can of peaches. *Second and Third Attempts to overcome objections. Why doesn't No mean No?

Advice to Management

Have faith in your employees.

Communicator

Former Employee - Communicator in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Communicator in Dayton, OH

I worked at InfoCision (More than 3 years)

Pros

The cafeteria is nice, though overpriced. Hours are decent. Make more money for working nights or weekends.

Cons

Filthy facilities, false hope given to employees in regards to potential for advancement. Lots of favoritism. Find any reason to take away bonuses.

I.T.

Former Employee - Information Technology Data Analyst in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Information Technology Data Analyst in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked most of my co-workers.

Cons

Overworked, extremely under paid, management does not care about you.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs a complete overhaul. Start treating your employees like family, not just another spot filler. Also, pay your employees better.

RSS Feed </> Embed