InfoCision Reviews

Updated August 18, 2014

2.3

InfoCision CEO Craig Taylor
Craig Taylor

Pros
  • Great people to work with, will let you have a flexible schedule, have some decent benefits (in 7 reviews)

• They offered me a full time position with benefits when no one else had this opportunity available to me (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be somewhat flexible to adjust to changing needs of the call center (in 10 reviews)

• Very low pay for the amount of work a person does (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

This company is a stepping stone working here until you find where you really want to work.

Former Employee - Business Account Manager  in  Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Business Account Manager in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time for more than a year

Pros

The friendships made with co-workers is what keeps you coming to work. Shared feeling and opinions of co-workers make you realize everyone is in the same situation at some time and and their support is appreciated.

Cons

Asking for permission to use the bathroom from your supervisor is ridiculous. Supervisors are all easy to work with in the beginning but tend to change their attitude as soon as their higher ups get on them for not reaching sales goals. Bonuses are next to gone, and the turn over rate is incredibly high.

Go back to one full hour lunch instead of two half hour lunches. Where can you drive, park, stand in line and order lunch, drive back, look for parking and eat in your car at the same time, and then get back inside to punch in in a half hour?? Getting back to asking for the OK to use the bathroom?, I'd like to ask the male supervisors what they would think when their wives come home telling them they are now required to ask for permission to use the bathroom, and then are allowed only 5 minutes to do so. Great for middle aged women in menopause.

Out to make a buck at employees expense.

I worked at InfoCision full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

No winter driving and that's it.

Cons

No BENIFITS and LOUSY pay for hard work!

I have done this type of work for 14 years and to be hired at minimum wage is a slap in the face. No paid time off, no holiday pay and our benefits are we work from home...oh and we can take our electric, phone and internet off our taxes BIG whoop a whole $30 a year off. Pay your employees what they are worth and let them earn vacation time based on hours worked. You wont though because this company is ALL about keep a HUGE profit to themselves and padding their own pocket. In fiscal 2010, InfoCision gathered $5.3 million for the society. Hundreds of thousands of volunteers took part, but none of that money -- not one penny -- went to fund cancer research or help patients, according to the society’s filing with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and the state of Maine.

The talent is leaving in droves for many reasons.

Former Employee - Director  in  Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Director in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time

Pros

Some genuinely nice people, the offices are nice.

Cons

Incredibly low pay, many of the former President's cronies are still in leadership positions (which isn't a good thing), the service is quickly becoming antiquated and half of the clients spew hate and lies to the poor and elderly.

Look in the mirror and ask yourself why some of your absolute best people have left over the past two years and why many others are trying to leave. If you are the most expensive telemarketing company, why is your pay the lowest?

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Poor Mangment

Current Employee - Business Account Manager  in  Uniontown, OH
    Current Employee - Business Account Manager in Uniontown, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Time-off policies, and not bad rate of pay.

Cons

Managers have no clue what is happening and would rather be Social with other then doing work.

Life at InfoCision

Former Employee - Clerical  in  Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Clerical in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It can be pleasant, depending on which department you work in. Pleasant atmosphere, good benefits, on site physician, work out room.

Cons

There is much nepotism, and cronyism. This can lead to resentment, and low morale. If not capable of a position, one will still get the job, and their in capabilities will be over looked, as in, nepotism/cronyism. If past over for a position, you're never told why.
    InfoCision has a Christian flag on their flag pole, they need to consider taking it down. They are misrepresenting themselves. This might have been the case in the early, days, but this flag no longer has a good fit with the company.
    They treat their Communicators as third class citizens, these Communicators have the hardest job in the company. It is a thankless job.

As far as, upper management, and the Executive Team, they have a great need for more coaching, and PR.

Very poor company to work for.

I have been working at InfoCision

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Everything else related to the job

Stop failing

Good segway into sales mentality careers.

Former Employee - Outbound Call Center for Verizon  in  Fairlawn, OH
    Former Employee - Outbound Call Center for Verizon in Fairlawn, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time for less than a year

Pros

No experience/degree required (and in some cases, no Diploma/GED required), Good intro to sales, Awesome, friendly co-workers and trainers, On-site gym and doctors, Fun/food days, Contests and prizes, Decent benefits, Weekly pay, Bonuses, Room for advancement

Cons

Extremely monotonous, Short training, Stressful, Rude/angry customers, Strict dress code, 30 minute breaks, Heavy work/call load, No down time away from phones

Your InfoCision experience depends on what you're looking for out of a job/career. There's many different aspects that can make it the best place to work, or one of the worst depending on your goals. I'll try to give as much of an unbiased review as I can for people considering working here. Thorough review below.

Hours:
    They had 3 schedules available when I worked there, ranging from Monday-Friday.
    Day Shift 9am-6pm (lowest hourly rate, must work at least one Saturday per month)
    Night Shift 12pm-9pm (mid hourly rate, must work at least one Saturday per month)
    Split Shift 9am-1pm then 5pm-9pm (highest hourly rate, no Saturday required)

Thoughts/Advice: The split sounded great for me. I liked the concept and that fact that I would get paid the most and wouldn't have to work a Saturday. What I didn't like was there wasn't much flexibility within any of the shifts. It was pretty much a take it or leave it type deal. Also didn't like half hour breaks on the Day/Night shift. Didn't allow much time to do anything or get food if you needed to.
    Training:
    First six weeks for everyone is 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday. Your hourly pay is based on which shift you've chosen. After those six weeks, you start your normal shift. Initial training lasts for about 1-2 weeks on the campaign, policies, companies, products, plans, etc. After that time, you spend 4-5 weeks on the phones.

Thoughts/Advice: I wasn't too thrilled about the 9am-6pm training since I signed up for the Split shift. Also, initial training seemed very short and rushed. At the time, there was 1 trainer and after that first/second week, you're paired with your call center trainer (which consisted of "Ok you've been trained, start making calls now.) It was very rushed and chaotic, especially with our team because after we had learned all the material for our campaign, they rolled out a whole new plan. So we had to hurry up and try to learn the material, while being the phones trying not to sound like an idiot to our customers.
    Pay:
    As stated, your base rate is determined by:
    1. The hours you work
    2. The shift you choose
    Base rate is $8.00/hr if you work under 40 hours for that week. Your differential depends on the shift you work.

Thoughts/Advice: Pretty straight forward. I didn't care too much for the different levels of pay, and didn't like that you HAD to work at least 40 hours to get your full differential. Earning potential is decent, but it definetly takes hard work.
    Commission & Bonuses:
    Vary by how much you sell, what you sell, and your call quality.

Thoughts/Advice: You're paid to sell, obviously. There's also potential for commission matching if you're call quality is high. They're willing to work with you if you're not meeting quota, but sometimes it felt like the help wasn't always there.
    Advancement:
    Odds for advancement are pretty good if you perform well. They make it very clear that you can move it up and to let them know if you're interested.
    Work Balance/Flow:
    Tons of calls 100+ back to back per day.
    Not a lot of downtime in between calls for breaks, smoking, etc.

Thoughts/Advice: The work flow was probably my biggest concern about the job. A soon as your shift begins you need to be clocked in and logged into the system to start receiving calls. Any minute you're not on the phones counts against your variance time. Extremely fast paced, heavy call flows and you must be waited on by a floor manager before you can take a break from your station, otherwise you're sitting in follow up (caller on the other end hangs up but you're still on the line) All of this time counts against you.

Also just the life/work balance is a bit hectic. You're entire day/week is spent working and for me, it was very difficult finding time to actually "live" and do things outside of work. (Cook/prepare meals for lunch each day, go shopping because everything would be closed if you're working the night shift, sometimes even the day shift depending on when you actually leave, family/vacation time, etc.)
    Center Life and Clients:
    Business attire only (Occasional Jeans Day and passes)
    Small convenient store with microwaves and free coffee on lower floor
    No food, cell phones, or drinks other than a wide based mug allowed at your desk
    Awesome co-workers and trainers
    Lots of fun & food days and contests/prizes
    Parking space can be a drag sometime

Thoughts/Advice: I wasn't overly thrilled about the "business/professional attire only" policy. Men have to wear ties and dress code can be pretty strict. Since it's a third party call center, they want everyone to look professional and presentable. Clients can be a bit daunting as well when they come to visit. If there's anything they see or hear you doing that they don't like, they have the right to pull you off of that campaign. Cell phones and food (unless they provide it) aren't permitted anywhere except for the break-rooms and beverages have to be in a wide base mug. Again, pretty strict but there's reasons for the rules.
    Calls and Customers:
    As expected, calls can be extremely rough sometimes. Even though you expect it, it's still a very mentally draining job. You have to develop very thick skin. If you're lucky to get someone who doesn't yell, cuss, be rude, or simply hang up on you, it takes a lot of energy and skill to get them interested in buying anything from you. You do have a script to use, but even so, it's still tough until you learn how to sell well.
      ================================================================

That's about all I can think of, I hope you found this helpful. Good luck :)

You get back what you put in

Current Employee - Call Center Manager  in  Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Akron, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family oriented, this company cares about it's employees and really takes care of them all. Great place to work - the people are amazing

Cons

Constant change - but I suppose that's the nature of the business. You have to be willing to change to stay ahead of the industry

This company is going in the wrong direction!

Former Employee - Human Resources
    Former Employee - Human Resources

I worked at InfoCision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to get experience- I was given several opportunities by my manager to increase my knowledge base. The majority of the people you work with will work hard to get the job done and are very good human beings. Semi-generous 401k match.

Cons

Pay is atrocious for the work being done. 2 years ago, the staff was promised substantial pay increases when the company finished transitioning to new leadership. That 2 year old promise of the "substantial" pay increase was a slap in the face.

The direction of the company is scary... many decisions are made for the short term and nobody really thinks about how that decision is going to impact the business down the road. Because of this, I would highly recommend anyone to pass on any job offers from this company, because this company most likely won't be around within the next 5 to 10 years.

Think about the long term when making decisions. Stop changing policies whenever they are convenient for your buddies. Probably take down the Christian flag as this company is so far from that now.

only been a few weeks so far so good

Current Employee - Communicator  in  Fairlawn, OH
    Current Employee - Communicator in Fairlawn, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time for less than a year

Pros

a lot of bells and whistles try to make it a comfy place.

Cons

To the last minute doing things appears to be a little unorganized

Worked for InfoCision? Contribute to the Community!