InfoCision Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Be prepared to work very hard for very little.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- You get to sit down.
    - Most of the supervisors are nice, although quite a few are lazy.
    - You earn points for calls/sales, and can use those points to buy things like $10 gift cards to Walmart. But be warned, it takes a decent while (few months) to save up enough points to 'buy' even one gift card.
    - Hiring process is easy.

Cons

- The work isn't hard, but it IS extremely stressful. Get used to people being rude, loud, and obnoxious. People will also threaten you and/or the company.
    - They way they handle how they pay their employees is absurd, and confusing. They start you off with a "base rate" of $8.10. Then, depending on which shift you choose, you can make up to $9.35/hr. After 12 weeks, you'll be evaluated for a raise.
    - Time truly IS money at this company. You're timed for every little thing you do. If you take a 5 minute break to use the restroom? You'll have to make it up at the end of your shift. You HAVE to have 40 hours at the end of each week in order to earn the pay you accepted at the interview, otherwise you'll only get paid $8.10 for all of the hours you worked that week, instead of your normal pay... This means you have to pay attention to every. last. minute. If you're sick, or need to take off for an appointment, you have to make up those hours within the *same* work week, otherwise, again, you'll only make $8.10/hr for any hours you worked.
    - It's poorly run. They are incredibly unorganized, and while some people there try their best, the fact is, very few supervisors seem to know what's going on half the time. Ask each one of them the same question, you'll get 10 different answers... if they know at all.
    - Calls come in so fast you literally cannot catch your breath between them sometimes. It's insane.
    - Be prepared to have to make a LOT of upsells for every order you take. (As in, when someone calls to order something, you have to offer them 6-8 OTHER things in addition- even if they keep saying no, not interested, etc. You HAVE to make those upsells PER call.)

Advice to Management

-Offer better pay. People work VERY hard for you. They deserve higher salaries.
    - Stop expecting people to have EXACTLY 40 hours a week, or you'll dock their pay.
    - Offer people a couple of BATHROOM breaks, for crying out loud, without it coming out of their work time!
    - Allow people to make up the hours when they can, not within the SAME work week. Sometimes, when you're sick, that's just not possible, but it shouldn't affect whether or not I make $8.10/hr that week, or $9.35/hr.
    -TRAIN YOUR SUPERVISORS better! Seriously, most of them are CLUELESS.
    - I've worked at this establishment for awhile now, and I've YET to meet a single manager, other than the woman who hired me. You could make the effort to introduce yourselves to new people, give them a warm welcome. You could even come into the call center rooms and ask how people are doing once in awhile...

2. Customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boardman, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boardman, OH

I worked at InfoCision

Pros

Easy, get to sit down.

Cons

Boring, not great money, timed bathroom breaks.

Advice to Management

Don't time bathroom breaks. Some people actually do take a while in the bathroom. Those that smoke yeah go after them. Install cameras at the pavilion and doors and you will catch them.

3. What can I do? It pays a debt.
    Ten francs may save my poor Cosette!

Current Employee - Communicator in Green, OH
    Current Employee - Communicator in Green, OH

I have been working at InfoCision

Pros

Most supervisors are super nice and more than willing to help you out.

Cons

The pay is pitiful especially considering all that we do for this company as communicators. All of the chairs are decrepit and falling apart. They have stains on them from who knows what. It's like going back in time to the 80's.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone with dignity and respect. Stop cutting our pay for the entire week if we get sick and miss a day.

5. Okay

Former Employee - Customer Support in Fairlawn, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Fairlawn, OH

I worked at InfoCision

Pros

Attractive and friendly employees :)

Cons

High call volume, too many supervisors who keep arguing among themselves and slow the productivity

Advice to Management

Have trainee offer anonymous advice

6. Didnt make it past a week

Former Employee - Trainee in Uniontown, OH
    Former Employee - Trainee in Uniontown, OH

I worked at InfoCision part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supervisors and communicators are nice
    cafe is really good
    fitness room and dr are nice to have on site
    Don't work on Saturdays
    Other than that it's not worth it

Cons

Threatened to fire me because I had a subpoena to court
    Told me to leave because my license,school ID, hunting license, insurance card or printed copy of my birth certificate or SS card wasn't the proper ID (didn't even give me 1 more day to get my real SS card)
    Trainers were not good and didn't help out and expected us to know everything and we're not nice
    Very shady company that don't trat employees right
    Dress code is rediculously strict
    Schedules are weird so is make up time and pay is not great ethier

Advice to Management

Its illegal to fire/threaten to fire some one who cannot attend work Because of a court document
    Need to treat employees better and train better especially ones coming in to work
    for you
    You can't expect some one to walk across the building and use the restroom in 3 minutes ethier

7. Huge waste of time.

I have been working at InfoCision

Pros

they have a Work from home position.

Cons

they want you to travel 6 hours to their office for one day of training.

Very horrible unprofessional

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Riverside, Montgomery, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Riverside, Montgomery, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No reason to work there

Cons

No one helps out do not work for them

Advice to Management

Close the company down

Working for this company was ok. The atmosphere was good but pay was horrible.

Former Employee - Communicator in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Communicator in Dayton, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible with my schedule. I had two jobs so they had to coincide. Co-workers were great. Alot ofhard working people like myself.

Cons

Under paid. They pay several dollars less an hour than all the call centers in the area. Work load unreasonable if you were good at your job. You had to learn alot of new programs fast and put multiple programs at once. Alot of pressure on you during slow periods. I was left on several programs with just a couple other good reps and was told if we could not make the files work our co-workers would be sent home. Needless to say it was around xmas time when people couldn't afford to be sent home. They really didn't care about the well being of their employees. They say that they are Christian based but nothing about the company is Christian. I left the company on my own free will and was not let go and I was a top performer. So whoever says that these reviews come from bitter employees or people that can't stats up it is simply un true.

Advice to Management

RAISE YOUR PAY RATE and have managers that do more than sit at the podium all night. Actually give real trainings and not just looking at a projector and reading.

10. Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I worked at InfoCision

Pros

Great work environment. On site gym

Cons

They have you taking calls in which you have no experience.

Advice to Management

Listen to employee when they have ideas.

If you are looking for a place where you can work your way up the ladder this isn't the place for you .

Current Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits. Training was great.

Cons

Don't let them fool you and tell you that your going to make a bonus because chances are you aren't. Everywhere smells like a company that is about to go under. Supervisors can do whatever they want it is like being excepted into a club or something. My supervisor messed with my work, and accuracy of my monthly reviews she harassed me because she didn't like me, she would never train me on anything and then when I wouldn't know how to do something she would get nasty with me, She would send me horrible emails and was the most negative person in our department she would bash HR and her supervisor and actually call some of the HR people ignorant and she hated the training staff because they never knew how to operate anything according to her .I was actually told not to actually say what she needed improved on in one of her reviews because If I had an issue I should go to her. But, what if the issue was her? Who do you go to? There is no one. When you would have an issue she would take you to a conference room and harass you and keep you away from your job for an hour and a half. She thinks that she can get away with everything because she is the supervisor and she wouldn't mind telling you that either. I am actually writing this because it is seriously concerning and needs to get looked into. How many people has this department went through in the past 5 years? and why did these people leave? Some of them good employees who learned fast and were great to work with and were team players. I had a family member who I recommend for a position and she was harassed so much that she had to leave. Nasty emails nasty responses to questions she needed to ask awful enough that she didn't even work her 90 days. And of course they asked me why she left and do you think I am going to say anything and be harassed like she was? no. They had an open door policy when it came to issues that needed to be discussed And everyone knew about them which would cause major tension and a hostile work environment.

Advice to Management

Make sure you really look into some one before you move them up in the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed