InfoCision

www.infocision.com
Profile Unclaimed

Typical telemarketing job

Current Employee - Communicator in Austintown, OH

I have been working at InfoCision

Pros

the coworkers are nice and supervisors are pretty cool

Cons

impossible to meet quotas mean you never make bonuses,always afraid of goofing up a script, no time to get food on short breakss, policies change so frequently its confusing

make breaks longer

You won't get rich but all and all, it's a great place to work!! :)

Current Employee - Communicator in Austintown, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's been years since I worked at InfoCision and if it wasn't for the money or my career goals, I would love to go back to working there. I worked in the Austintown Christian call center as a "communicator" (as they called it back then) and I enjoyed my job. I was given so much respect and encouragement by my managers and coworkers that it made it a joy to come to work. I have worked in so many call centers and this was my favorite! If you have a good work ethic and want to make some quick cash (granted you won't get rich), this is the place to be!! Plus, I have been reading up on the company and the benefits seem to be getting better and better! Also, if you have a college degree, there is plenty of room for career advancement. I even took advantage of this but soon found out it wasn't for me, and moved to a bigger city for a better job opportunity. Looking back, I still miss my InfoCision family.

Cons

The pay isn't so great. It takes a while for you to be making real money. There is the occasional gossipers and questionable coworkers but nothing so bad that you want to quit. I'm not going to lie...there were some shady managers that I didn't see eye to eye with but no one is out to fire you or make your life a living hell, which was nice.

Get rid of the management that do inappropriate things. Even though I had a good experience at Infocision, I encountered managers that crossed the line on what I would definitely consider sexual harassment. Your office culture rocks but for goodness sake, pay your employees the money they deserve so they can stay with your for longer!

Just Don't Do it.

I worked at InfoCision

Pros

The people who work with you in the call center are super nice.
    Most of the supervisors are nice, and understanding. I had one that not only cared how you did as far a communicator, he also cared about you on a personal level and would talk to you about fears, accomplishments or whatever else you needed to talk about. I would rate the call center supervisors as a 4 if I could.

Cons

One they suck you in with this $12 an hour lie, well not a lie, but they make it super hard to make that much. You have to meet so many requirements.Once you are close to hitting your numbers, they put you on a file that they know you or most other people don't make money on. It drops your numbers and you will only make the $9 something an hour.

The same thing happens with the weekly bonus's.

Scripts are poorly written, and almost impossible to sell.

Lots and Lots of abuse. It is a political call center. Politics are a hard thing to sell sometimes.

Just start caring about your workers, the clients, and the people who donate. The company makes so much money a year and you pay as little as you can for a job that should be paying so much more. Come in, not only at Christmas time, take calls and see what it is really like to do this job. Also you should give more that an hour break a day.

Survival job

Former Employee - Communicator in Boardman, OH
    Former Employee - Communicator in Boardman, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay, that's about it.

Cons

Hours, pay is low, bad company culture, morally bankrupt management and ceo. Bonus structure,

A Has been Salary

Former Employee - Communications in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Communications in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You stay at home and dont spend money on gas. You get minimum wage plus any bonus you earn selling/ or doing prayer athons.

Cons

I started out 3 years ago making minimum wage and they didnt give us a pay increase until they raised the minimum and only gave us .05 . I was making $100./wk in bonuses selling & plus prayer athons. They took all that away essentially because they lost so many clients due to bad press. We lost a lot of clients and sometimes had no work so we dont get paid when theirs no work.

Train employees better and pay the executives less and keep them out of making bad decisions which hurt the ones making them the money...because we can now make more money working at McDonalds.

Sometimes pleasant sometimes not.

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Scheduling very flexible, I had a really helpful supervisor

Cons

Low pay and constant job changes

Highly Stressful but the woman/men who take phone calls beside you are great to work with.

Former Employee - Telemarketer in New Castle, PA
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in New Castle, PA

I worked at InfoCision full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get 2 weeks paid vacation a year (if your full-time) Paid time-off, sick paid time too. Flexible hours, training 90% of the time, the supervisors help you with sales (if they feel you need it or if their made too) After 4 years, there were VERY FEW company calls I enjoyed taking, and that didn't last long because another call room in Ohio would take over those or the client would leave Infocision because they are the most expensive.

Cons

I don't know 1 person (in 4 yrs and being in different call center rooms) on the phones who didn't complain and hate their job. But you come to work because you need a paycheck and enjoy the people you sit with. You call customers who don't want you bothering them to ask for money and they've been called many times. You have to ask customers calling you from tv commercials to buy MORE and MORE and upset them. The supervisors, office staff, corp.staff, managers and trainers NEVER complain about their jobs because their not on the phones begging customers for money. Your job is MORE on the line and LOW pay. They lie about $13/hr! It says UP-TO, read the fine print. You have to be just about the BEST person in the room (out of 100) to make that kind of money and the moment your sales goes down, you LOSE it and make m/w. Bonuses change at their discretion. You can get $100 one week, do great in sales the next and get $5. You cannot depend on bonuses. Their are woman/men who are amazing, fantastic on the phones and they don't get promoted. Instead, the company hires someone OUTSIDE the company (who knows nothing about telemarketing). And it's the supervisor's job to ALWAYS find out what your doing wrong in a call to help you be better. Even the greatest sales people in the room are told they need to improve in some area. So, they make you feel like your never good enough. Their there to enforce the rules and your there to make them money. The company is there to make money and will take calls from just about any company. (excepts democrats b/c the owner is republican) They also LIE to newly hires! They tell them they are taking calls for 1 company and right after training, they train them for a completely different company they will HATE taking calls for! Like Oubound calls, their just not mentally ready for. I see groups of new trainee's from 2-20 people sitting in their section of the room and about a month later, I look over and their all gone! Maybe one left. So I ask and are told they all quit. Happens all the time. You have to be desperate for this job and to keep it.
    One other thing, when your taking calls for one company and your meeting the sale requirements, they increase the sale goals until you cant meet them and they explain to you that your sales are down. So then you can get written up. If your doing amazing on one program and they train and switch you to another company where NOBODY meets the sale goals then everybody is told "it's easy, just do your job" You LOSE Bonus pay and even your yearly pay increase too! And written up or fired. I've known many people who were great on the phone and fired for not meeting sale goals. The supervisor/manager should switch them to take calls from another company their hiring anyway, but they don't.

When hiring for supervisors, trainers, office staff, you should ONLY promote with-in. There are hundreds of people to choose from, so it cant be that complicated. And I'm talking about someone who hasn't necessarily worked there for 6 months or 1 year, but consider those who have been with you for YEARS! The office culture has really got to change. I performed better in calls when there was music to make me happy and the room was decorated like a party feel to it. And don't be going to other call center rooms and Eating their potluck foods that YOU didn't provide. Paying $7-$8/hr isn't worth the negative/stressful calls we have to take. When someone is sick for months and they come back, DONT TAKE AWAY THEIR PAY INCREASES THEY BUILT UP OVER YEARS OF WORKING FOR YOU. Someone who has been with your company for 8 years should NOT be making $8/hr! Especially when new people sometimes make $11/hr. And corp. should pay attention and care about the abuse some managers put on the communicators. The 1st manager I had actually yelled at the supervisors if they were smiling enough or treating the communicators in a good way. He took complaints seriously. But none of the other 3 managers were ever like that. You should train your managers to not be buddy/pals with the trainers and supervisors but supervise them and make sure THEY are treating the communicators correctly!!! And you should allow employees to work 20 hours if they want. Not just 28, 32, and 40. You would have ALOT more people stay with your company and keep their Sanity if they worked 15-20 hours a week. Stop changing the bonuses all the time. Just stick with one bonus that works and makes EVERYONE happy. And start asking people what calls THEY want to take. When I'm in a room where we take 15 different companies calls at once, I NEVER got asked what calls I LIKED. It was always the supervisors job to put me where they thought I performed better. But if I would have been asked, I would have given chosen calls that a lot of other people didn't like. So, If the employee gets to make the decision at least they know they CHOSE it themselves and perform better. If they're FORCED to take calls they hate (just because YOU might get paid more money by that client) they WONT perform better.

Most hated job

I worked at InfoCision

Pros

Weekly pay checks, trainers ok, supervisors ok but other than that it's not that easy to talk about the good things with the company

Cons

Multiple....force new programs on communicators supervisors gossip about the communicators bad. Terrible mangers that are sellouts not really a great company only if your despirate

You gotta have real thick skin to deal with the BS

Former Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Communicator in Akron, OH

I worked at InfoCision part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Semi- Clean facility, flexible hours, a break room with a TV and food . They also have a doctor and workout room

Cons

The pay was an atrocity! You sit for long periods of hours trying to get these people money. It was the worst experience of my life

Just Stop!

Only if you need a job

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Fairlawn, OH
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Fairlawn, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fairly easy work, no hassle hire

Cons

Strict environment, when I was there-weekly scandals in the newspaper. Low pay, high turnover. Constant press from the pit bosses to hit numbers for fundraising, political etc...

Better Pay, better work.