InfoPrint

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daisuke Segawa

Great company to start my career with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagement, opportunities, and growth make this company great.

ConsParent company transitioned us back, leaving double departments. Many of our departments had to close down.

Seemingly a painful slow demise

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsFlexibility (depending on manager, responsibilities). Compensation.

ConsHard to see long term future.

Excellent

Team Lead Systems Support (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsWonderful culture, very respectful and professional.

ConsSmaller company and less movement into new job opportunities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No Future

Engineer (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsIt's in Boulder, and can have fairly flexible hours.

ConsPay, management style, extreme favoritism, management that doesn't have college degrees, the list goes on

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Managers, remove all management below you and start over. Listen to your engineers, they're experts for a reason. Listen to everyone, not just a select group. Set a clear path and follow it. Truly practice quality, if it is truly what you're wanting to release.

Tough environment to enjoy and grow

Product Manager (Current Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsSmart people, decent pay, flexible on hours and work at home.

ConsNegative culture, extensive politicking, and sincere lack of leadership and direction. The building and office are very dated, tools to do your job are minimal. Very difficult to get any type of promotion even after many years of strong performance. Unclear future.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be stronger career paths and advancement for mid-level employees. The culture here is abysmal. There needs to be a concerted effort to really change it - not just put up posters with information about it.

Slowly Dying

Advisory Software Engineer (Current Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsIts hard to find pros now. They used to be in the upper tier as far as engineering salaries, after a couple of years of cutbacks and layoffs that it is no longer the case. They are flexible about working from home and taking time off so thats good.

Cons* All the good Engineers in the process of leaving or just waiting to retire.

* Everyone walks around the halls looking depressed

* Promotions based on how long you have worked there and not ability

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a reason IBM got rid of the company, it wasn't working. So you can't expect to keep all the same middle managers and expect things will change. They were incompetent then and are incompetent now (and I am sure have huge bloated salaries). Ditch them while you still have good engineers working for the company.

Pretty horrible

Us Sales Manager (Current Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsYou can work from home depending on your role. The health care is pretty good.

ConsMistreatment of minorities and women. Middle managers who have been in the business 20+ years are just hanging on for a paycheck. Extremely hostile atmosphere. Everyone is afraid to make a mistake because you will be yelled at. Advancement based completely on flattering manager. Japan leadership does not give clear direction to US team. Layoffs will commence again in early 2013.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake diversity training. Retire if you are no longer useful.

Continued layoffs are sinking the company.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsThere are some very dedicated people still working there, but the several rounds of layoffs have decimated some very key talent. Pay is still good, benefits good.

ConsKey talent is leaving, either by layoffs, or by retirement. What customers remember as Printing Systems, or InfoPrint Solutions, is no longer there. Service in the field has been hit very hard by layoffs, so expect to see customers start to bail. Expect to see that Ricoh takes over all intellectual capital and patents. That seems to be the only reason they got involved since they don't seem to know how to run this type of division.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've done your damage. Just go away and let the company die.

Positive

Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) Binghamton, NY

ProsAbility to do your job without lots of management direction and over site.

ConsControl by Ricoh Americas which takes direction from Ricoh Japan. Business changes do not take realistic business case and are just executed based on Ricoh Japan direction. Business will not exist in a year at rate they are going.

Advice to Senior ManagementRebuild company with dedicated employees and utilize sound business cases to make decisions. Manage business in country (locally) instead of from Japan.

Enjoyed my time there, but am frustrated by the direction the company is taking.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsGood benefits (vacation time/holidays, medical, dental, vision, etc.)
    Nice facility
    Some very good people to work with
    Good technology in a few specific product areas

ConsPrinting industry is in a major decline
    Limited opportunities for advancement
    Don't always reward the strongest contributors fairly
    Japanese ownership (Ricoh) not very supportive and can take a very long time to make decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend that the company allow this former IBM division to be able to make more of their own decisions without needing approval from the executives in Japan and to trust their expertise and experience more.

Worked for InfoPrint? Contribute to the Community!