InfoPrint

Updated Feb 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daisuke Segawa

Seemingly a painful slow demise

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at InfoPrint full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFlexibility (depending on manager, responsibilities). Compensation.

ConsHard to see long term future.

Excellent

Team Lead Systems Support (Former Employee)

I worked at InfoPrint for more than 8 years

ProsWonderful culture, very respectful and professional.

ConsSmaller company and less movement into new job opportunities.

No Future

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at InfoPrint full-time for more than 8 years

ProsIt's in Boulder, and can have fairly flexible hours.

ConsPay, management style, extreme favoritism, management that doesn't have college degrees, the list goes on

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Managers, remove all management below you and start over. Listen to your engineers, they're experts for a reason. Listen to everyone, not just a select group. Set a clear path and follow it. Truly practice quality, if it is truly what you're wanting to release.

Tough environment to enjoy and grow

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at InfoPrint full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSmart people, decent pay, flexible on hours and work at home.

ConsNegative culture, extensive politicking, and sincere lack of leadership and direction. The building and office are very dated, tools to do your job are minimal. Very difficult to get any type of promotion even after many years of strong performance. Unclear future.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be stronger career paths and advancement for mid-level employees. The culture here is abysmal. There needs to be a concerted effort to really change it - not just put up posters with information about it.

Slowly Dying

Advisory Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at InfoPrint full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIts hard to find pros now. They used to be in the upper tier as far as engineering salaries, after a couple of years of cutbacks and layoffs that it is no longer the case. They are flexible about working from home and taking time off so thats good.

Cons* All the good Engineers in the process of leaving or just waiting to retire.

* Everyone walks around the halls looking depressed

* Promotions based on how long you have worked there and not ability

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a reason IBM got rid of the company, it wasn't working. So you can't expect to keep all the same middle managers and expect things will change. They were incompetent then and are incompetent now (and I am sure have huge bloated salaries). Ditch them while you still have good engineers working for the company.

Pretty horrible

US Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at InfoPrint full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou can work from home depending on your role. The health care is pretty good.

ConsMistreatment of minorities and women. Middle managers who have been in the business 20+ years are just hanging on for a paycheck. Extremely hostile atmosphere. Everyone is afraid to make a mistake because you will be yelled at. Advancement based completely on flattering manager. Japan leadership does not give clear direction to US team. Layoffs will commence again in early 2013.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake diversity training. Retire if you are no longer useful.

Continued layoffs are sinking the company.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at InfoPrint full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThere are some very dedicated people still working there, but the several rounds of layoffs have decimated some very key talent. Pay is still good, benefits good.

ConsKey talent is leaving, either by layoffs, or by retirement. What customers remember as Printing Systems, or InfoPrint Solutions, is no longer there. Service in the field has been hit very hard by layoffs, so expect to see customers start to bail. Expect to see that Ricoh takes over all intellectual capital and patents. That seems to be the only reason they got involved since they don't seem to know how to run this type of division.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've done your damage. Just go away and let the company die.

Positive

Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee)
Binghamton, NY

I worked at InfoPrint

ProsAbility to do your job without lots of management direction and over site.

ConsControl by Ricoh Americas which takes direction from Ricoh Japan. Business changes do not take realistic business case and are just executed based on Ricoh Japan direction. Business will not exist in a year at rate they are going.

Advice to Senior ManagementRebuild company with dedicated employees and utilize sound business cases to make decisions. Manage business in country (locally) instead of from Japan.

Enjoyed my time there, but am frustrated by the direction the company is taking.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at InfoPrint

ProsGood benefits (vacation time/holidays, medical, dental, vision, etc.)
Nice facility
Some very good people to work with
Good technology in a few specific product areas

ConsPrinting industry is in a major decline
Limited opportunities for advancement
Don't always reward the strongest contributors fairly
Japanese ownership (Ricoh) not very supportive and can take a very long time to make decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend that the company allow this former IBM division to be able to make more of their own decisions without needing approval from the executives in Japan and to trust their expertise and experience more.

Not a great place

Boulder, CO

I have been working at InfoPrint

ProsThis place has great benefits. A good amount of vacation (helping to offset the sometimes long hours). There is also some flexibility in work hours.

ConsThere are many: the software is old, the physical place is very old and there are quite a few people who are also quite old. The latter is not necessarily bad! - except a fair number really should retire at this point: too much carry over from the IBM days; too much siloism and inertia. And too much politics. But the real problem is poor management. To make up for this there are bouts of long hours. I have a hard time seeing how young recruits (like out of college) could get excited by this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake classes in project management and software quality, or do something else. Further, take classes in leadership. Make people who make decisions and have leadership positions be accountable (instead of hand waving and denial).

Worked for InfoPrint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InfoPrint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for InfoPrint CEO Daisuke Segawa. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by InfoPrint employees.