InfoReliance

InfoReliance Reviews

Updated February 27, 2015
Updated February 27, 2015

Andrew Butler

Positive overall experience with the organization and a few very impressive leaders.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at InfoReliance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Rewards performers who are proactive.

Cons

Tightly knit group of decision-makers. If you're not in, you're out.
    Some mediocre performers slip through the cracks.

Promote inclusiveness of top performers, expand strategic decision-making and improve communication.

Flashy corporate HQ and recruiting process, that's about it.

I worked at InfoReliance

Pros

Pay is high and senior level executives seem intelligent.

Cons

Non-existent culture, little to no visibility above your direct report, warm body on client site mentality with little interest in your actual interests. Highly recommend asking probing, direct questions and reading reviews (with a reasonable grain of salt) before making the decision to join.

Focus more on the people-aspect of running a business and not just the bottom line.

Lousy company with untrustworthy managers. Good company to get stuck in place.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at InfoReliance

Pros

You receive a paycheck, average PTO and benefits, certification re-imbursements, some flexibility in scheduling.

Cons

Pay is highly determined by how much you valued yourself during the negotiation process. Definately aim high with this company because yearly raises (if any) any aren't great. You will typically receive a 0-2% pay raise depending on performance, do not expect a significant pay increase whatsoever.

There is absolutely NO room for professional growth within the company in Sumter, SC. Doesn't keep up well with current technology. If you are currently employed, congratulations! you are overqualified for your position making much less than what you could be making in other companies. Coupled with this fact, there is a very high turn over rate with extreme difficulty filling open positions. Expect to do the work of three bodies while the carousel continues to spiral out of control.

Unnecessary certification requirements for your job position.

Poor management. Very low morale working environment as management continues to concentrate on the bottom line rather than its people. Fake smiles and hellos abound.

Dreaded Going To Work Every Single Day

Former Contractor - Anonymous
    Former Contractor - Anonymous

I worked at InfoReliance as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Well, I have a job. Everything is reimbursable.

Cons

No internal career progression. They have in mind already of who to fill spots with. You really have to brown nose in this company to move up. Management is really full of themselves and believe that they are getting things accomplished when in all actuality, they continue to make things worse between themselves and other employees. Two thumbs down.

Stop lowballing your employees, and give a reasonable salary to who is coming to work for you.

Great company with excellent people and opportunities

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at InfoReliance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you want to simply punch the clock and pick up a paycheck, this isn't the company for you. InfoReliance hires exceptional consultants and it fosters an environment that challenges you to be better.
    - Supports professional development and continuing education
    - Have maintained a great compensation package in a challenging market
    - Opportunities to prove your abillities and leadership that notices and rewards excellence
    - Team / collaborative approach

Cons

If you need a lot of affirmation and close management, you will probably find this environment challenging. Because the employees tend to be those who take intiative and don't need close management, those who are looking for closer management may not be a great fit for certain positions.

Professional, capable consultant corps

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at InfoReliance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management empowers consultants through support, training and loyalty. I chose IR for that very reason. If you are a capable resource, you are a valued asset. Management stays engaged with it's personnel. I've watched many times when they've made tough choices in favor of the consultants where other firms have not.

It's not rocket science guys, if you bring drama, low ethics or shoddy work, it's best to look somewhere else. However, if you're a SME that's driven and wants to get the job done, there's no better place.

Another important note, our HR and Recruiting depts. are absolutely awesome!

Cons

The contracting world is a challenging arena, sometimes tough choices have to be made but it is always a last resort.

Sometimes sub-par consultants make it through the screening process. When these personnel are identified, management always has more patience than I in working with these folks. Sometimes I wish they would just cut these folks loose. But at least the bad apples get every opportunity.

Continue to stand by us and we will always stand by you. We recognize the challenges and tough calls you guys are making and we are with you.

Project Manager

Former Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at InfoReliance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

At market salary
    Strong Microsoft partner

Cons

Benefits cuts
    No CEO involvenment with staff
    No strategic direction of company

CEO/Execs should reach out to the employees. Seems owners/execs just care about making their money instaed of running a consulting company

The warnings are here for all to read, I wish I had heeded them when I first read them.

I have been working at InfoReliance

Pros

Day 1 benefits, but that's pretty standard in IT, so not a big deal really.

Cons

Too many incompetent people with no experience are hired. They then take credit for your work and repeat things you say so as to sound competent so they survive. Company doesn't seem to care when it is brought to their attention, problems are not addressed.

Stop hiring "billable bodies". Maybe then your reputation will improve and talent will actually want to come work here and stay. I almost decided not to accept the offer here after I had read the reviews. I wish I had declined. I won't make the same mistake again.

Friendly culture surrounded by some of the most talented and hard-working IT professionals in the industry

Current Employee - Technical Writer
    Current Employee - Technical Writer

I have been working at InfoReliance full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Good pay, some bonus opportunities, flexible schedules, and a positive work environment
    - Personal development opportunities (e.g., cross-training, IT certifications, customer exposure)
    - Management is goal driven, but does not stress over budgets or cutting operational costs
    - IR is comfortable with its reputation and is aware of its place in the market

Cons

- It takes new employees a while to appreciate their role/function in the overarching business model
    - IR doesn't micromanage; they put a lot of trust in you to complete your projects or seek assistance- don't take being unsupervised for granted

Continue reaching out to the staff for ideas and feedback

Started great then began to sour

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at InfoReliance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with some really great folks. Knowledgeable, professional and always looking for ways to support your efforts. Unfortunately my experience doesn't extend to senior management.

Cons

Some of the Vice Presidents use the "beat them into submission with verbal abuse" method of management.

Check your ego, and the unprofessional language at the door. You'll always get better results by treating people professionally.