InfoReliance Reviews

Updated July 31, 2014
Updated July 31, 2014

3.1

Andrew Butler

Positive overall experience with the organization and a few very impressive leaders.

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at InfoReliance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Rewards performers who are proactive.

Cons

Tightly knit group of decision-makers. If you're not in, you're out.
    Some mediocre performers slip through the cracks.

Promote inclusiveness of top performers, expand strategic decision-making and improve communication.

Great company with excellent people and opportunities

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at InfoReliance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you want to simply punch the clock and pick up a paycheck, this isn't the company for you. InfoReliance hires exceptional consultants and it fosters an environment that challenges you to be better.
    - Supports professional development and continuing education
    - Have maintained a great compensation package in a challenging market
    - Opportunities to prove your abillities and leadership that notices and rewards excellence
    - Team / collaborative approach

Cons

If you need a lot of affirmation and close management, you will probably find this environment challenging. Because the employees tend to be those who take intiative and don't need close management, those who are looking for closer management may not be a great fit for certain positions.

Professional, capable consultant corps

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at InfoReliance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management empowers consultants through support, training and loyalty. I chose IR for that very reason. If you are a capable resource, you are a valued asset. Management stays engaged with it's personnel. I've watched many times when they've made tough choices in favor of the consultants where other firms have not.

It's not rocket science guys, if you bring drama, low ethics or shoddy work, it's best to look somewhere else. However, if you're a SME that's driven and wants to get the job done, there's no better place.

Another important note, our HR and Recruiting depts. are absolutely awesome!

Cons

The contracting world is a challenging arena, sometimes tough choices have to be made but it is always a last resort.

Sometimes sub-par consultants make it through the screening process. When these personnel are identified, management always has more patience than I in working with these folks. Sometimes I wish they would just cut these folks loose. But at least the bad apples get every opportunity.

Continue to stand by us and we will always stand by you. We recognize the challenges and tough calls you guys are making and we are with you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at InfoReliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

At market salary
    Strong Microsoft partner

Cons

Benefits cuts
    No CEO involvenment with staff
    No strategic direction of company

CEO/Execs should reach out to the employees. Seems owners/execs just care about making their money instaed of running a consulting company

The warnings are here for all to read, I wish I had heeded them when I first read them.

I have been working at InfoReliance

Pros

Day 1 benefits, but that's pretty standard in IT, so not a big deal really.

Cons

Too many incompetent people with no experience are hired. They then take credit for your work and repeat things you say so as to sound competent so they survive. Company doesn't seem to care when it is brought to their attention, problems are not addressed.

Stop hiring "billable bodies". Maybe then your reputation will improve and talent will actually want to come work here and stay. I almost decided not to accept the offer here after I had read the reviews. I wish I had declined. I won't make the same mistake again.

Friendly culture surrounded by some of the most talented and hard-working IT professionals in the industry

Current Employee - Technical Writer
    Current Employee - Technical Writer

I have been working at InfoReliance full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good pay, some bonus opportunities, flexible schedules, and a positive work environment
    - Personal development opportunities (e.g., cross-training, IT certifications, customer exposure)
    - Management is goal driven, but does not stress over budgets or cutting operational costs
    - IR is comfortable with its reputation and is aware of its place in the market

Cons

- It takes new employees a while to appreciate their role/function in the overarching business model
    - IR doesn't micromanage; they put a lot of trust in you to complete your projects or seek assistance- don't take being unsupervised for granted

Continue reaching out to the staff for ideas and feedback

Started great then began to sour

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at InfoReliance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked with some really great folks. Knowledgeable, professional and always looking for ways to support your efforts. Unfortunately my experience doesn't extend to senior management.

Cons

Some of the Vice Presidents use the "beat them into submission with verbal abuse" method of management.

Check your ego, and the unprofessional language at the door. You'll always get better results by treating people professionally.

Out of touch management and zero career path

I have been working at InfoReliance

Pros

Good salary, good benefits that start on the first day.

Cons

Disconnected, incompetent upper management; no clearly defined career path and no education benefits. Zero recognition for performance and meager raises.

Listen to your employees.

Embarrassed by work I did here

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I worked at InfoReliance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Possible access to new-to-you technologies. I learned a lot while I was there and am grateful for what I learned.

Cons

I worked for IR full time for six months, which was the length of the project I was assigned. Non-technical management made too many technical decisions that made the end result horrible. They also withheld future requirements they knew about for future phases but didnt' want to bother developers with those details during the first phase. If we'd known these future requirements, we would have planned the application very differently to handle them. In the end we did deliver a product that technically worked, but was one that I say I'm embarrassed to have my name associated with.

At the end of my assigned project, I was asked to stay on to work on the next phase. I wanted nothing to do with that project or my manager.

I talked to the VP about other options and he offered me opportunities in six other projects. He went through the six projects, what their status was, and what the challenges were in each that I would help overcome. I came out of that meeting seeing that every project that was available was a huge mess. That indicates a bigger problem. I put in my notice the next day.

Focus the company and provide better training. Since the company just does anything it can get a contract for, employees work in too many different technologies. You need to focus in more specific areas and then provide more training for your employees. I hated feeling like one of the few qualified people in a sea of incompetents. Also do real evaluations and actually fire people that don't perform. I had a direct report that I wanted to fire but that was a non-starter apparently. He was totally useless even after significant personal attention trying to train him and even though he had been with the company for many years and apparently bounced from one project to another without ever actually learning how to do his job.

Low-overhead Consulting firm

I worked at InfoReliance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent salary and benefits, top-notch people. InfoReliance hires above average, very experienced team members who are driven to succeed.

Cons

Heavy 'non-project' burden - nights and weekends are for proposal support. Low potential for upward progression due to the high quality of the overall workforce. While compensation in monetary terms is good, work-life balance varies from minimally acceptable to horrific.

Worked for InfoReliance? Contribute to the Community!