Infoblox Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Where is Infoblox going??? I think the new CEO will have his hands full straightening out Infoblox

I worked at Infoblox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was good. Profitability is unquestionable good with the SW product. BOD selected a CEO with big company experience needed to grow the company past it's current point of stagnation.

Cons

Company performed poorly during my tenure affecting employee bonus' which was their big pitch when I joined and my motivation for joining. No growth opportunity for employees professionally. Company is very cylo'ed and works ineffectively together amongst departments. The company needs vision to grow. Many employees are not the best candidates for the position making your job more tedious. Lack of performance is accepted by select Mgmt teams.

Advice to Management

Listen to the lower levels of your teams and do not function in total departmental cylos. Make a decision and move-on!

Great people to work with-all the way up the chain.

Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot every day I work here. I like that there is an emphasis on collaborating to get things done and yet, the environment and culture is casual with folks just coming up to meet and chat in person impromptu. It's not expected you must have a scheduled meeting for every discussion. Lots of online learning tools for new employees to learn about the technology and solutions. New CEO looks promising.

Cons

Must be a self motivated employee to learn the products and contribute to the company goals via your individual role. Not a lot or any micro management as far as I can tell.

Advice to Management

Keep employees informed on company goals and status throughout each quarter, not just after each quarter ends so we can make adjustments along the way.

3. Anonymous employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice place to work . Great Management team.

Cons

Career growth is limited .

5. Getting Better Everyday

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work-life balance, autonomy in role and control over function, plenty of exposure to executive leadership team. Infoblox is a dynamic work environment and is currently working on "crossing the chasm." The transition from a small company to a larger, high-growth environment is not for everybody. However, if you want to have your ideas heard and contribute to a dynamic company--this is the place for you.

Cons

Strategy has seems less than solid over the last few quarters, but with a change in executive leadership (new product leader, new sales leader, new CEO) is driving better organizational alignment and uncovering new growth opportunities for the business.

Advice to Management

Keep investing to get benefits equal to best-in-class offerings from other silicon valley organizations.

6. Creative people, stable management and fun place to work

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Infoblox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment, hardworking and smart people

Cons

Need to create more market value, stock seems undervalued

Not a bad place to work

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some good perks. Some departments are fun to work with.

Cons

Going thru the growth pain. Internal politics should be controlled. Process issues should be resolved.

Advice to Management

Product diversity a must to grow.

Good employer, just added partial 401K matching

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a number of pros to working here. 1) Moved to a new facility about two years ago, in a good central location in the South Bay. 2) Partially subsidized cafeteria 3) Successful IPO launch, but stock is cheap enough that you might have some upside going forward. 4) Electric car charging stations 5) On-site basketball/volleyball court, huge perk for me. 6) Generally friendly atmosphere, execs do not cower in their offices and mingle a great deal. For my part, I have friends all over the company. The CFO plays basketball with us! I don't see what other people are complaining about in this area. You can even talk to guys in marketing, which is a first in my experience. You do need to be on your toes. 7) Salaries seem to be average or slightly above. Engineers get the lion's share of annual salary bumps. 8) Great HR department. Really, they're the best I've ever seen and make a lot out of a little. 9) They invest heavily in marketing for lead generation, and while the results are mixed, they don't just tell the sales guys to go out and sell with no air cover. 10) Their training group, both internal and external, is top-notch. Another area where they invest wisely. 11) Sufficient IT and logistical support that I have everything I need for my work. 12) Reasonable diversity compared to many other Valley outfits.

Cons

1) A bit of a 'rock star' culture, where certain folks get recognition out of measure to what they're done in some cases. 2) Some siloing, but I get the impression they're taking steps to address this. Unlike some others here, I really don't have a lot of negative things to say. Whatever negative aspects exist on the job are usually up to the individual to solve, and if you can do that you will do well.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting and fostering opportunity, and try to look for effort and quality just beyond the rock star types who seem to get all the accolades sometimes. Otherwise, who am I to tell you how to do your job?

Unsatisfactory

I have been working at Infoblox

Pros

Small to medium size environment

Cons

Career limiting. Rigid management. Telecommuting discouraged.

Great product, poor company

I worked at Infoblox full-time

Pros

Best DNS/DHCP product on the market today.

Cons

Management is clueless, failing keep up with existing customer requests, all about the sale - less about keeping existing customers. Underpaying at multiple levels.

Advice to Management

Fire management and start over. Improve pay to help improve morale. Leverage existing employees to help grow customer base and satisfy existing customers.

Good company going through a transition

Current Employee - Partner Development Manager in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Partner Development Manager in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great camaraderie, great market share and an interesting new security product to speak to customers about. We are clearly head and shoulders above the competition and have a following with our customers. Need to continue providing good products to the market that customers will flock to.

Cons

Opportunities are hard to come by, need focus on the right product and delivering on time so we can increase our market share. Culture is changing dramatically and several top executives have left or have announced that they are leaving. Makes thing very unstable at this time and people will be following them out the door.

Advice to Management

Fewer processes, deliver rock solid products on time.

RSS Feed </> Embed