Infoblox

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Infoblox President, CEO, and Director Robert D. Thomas

Robert D. Thomas

I love a challenge!!

ProsPeople are great, lots of laughter, great managers, always trying to improve. The coffee doesn't suck, either.

ConsDepartments need to communicate with each other better. If you are not careful, you can end up working 24/7, but NOT because my manager expects it.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways strive to improve! I think the management is very approachable and many people care about doing a good job.

I worked at Infoblox for 3 years.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent place to start working.

ConsUpper management is a pain to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet managers who understand the technical side.

Low Employee Morale

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery niche market. Not much room to grow

ConsVPs and above very rude and self serving. Difficult to work in Marketing, HR and IT. Management is non-technical and help only each other

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the fat and treat employees fairly

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't believe the HYPE! It's all a smoke screen to lure you in and work you to death!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsThere are some really nice people who work there, 75% of them are unhappy and are simply afraid to do anything about it. They just complain to co-workers and stay.

ConsHorribly miserable, uncaring, very wealthy, self-righteous upper management with old skool mentality that care only about themselves.

Favoritism rules regarding hiring, promotion and raises. Very unfair practices in HR.

Advice to Senior Management"Do unto others..."...well you all should know the rest of that line, and here's another good one..."What goes around..." yea...you all should know that one too.

great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosfriendly colleages and good work/life balance

Consroom for improvement re: upper management communications

Company you should avoid if you have choice

ProsNil. codes are from Open Sources

ConsLack of accountability from Management.
    Crony management. Only less than 10% of eng got raised period.
     Most engineers are H1B ( could not raise voice ).
    Sweat shop due to incompetent technical planning from Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to cure the situation unless all executive Eng VP get early retirement package

No pay raise since joined the company

QA Engineer (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGood product
    The people there are easy to work with and friendly. The work schedules can be flexible.
    Good medical insurances.

ConsLong work hours(can be 14+ hrs). They expect you online all the time. Manager may call you over the weekend.
    Pay is below the market. No pay raise for 4+ years.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider a pay raise for the employees.

I love this company...the people are like family

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsEveryone seems to care about each other and the community also!

ConsCertainly it is lots of work

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focus on customers and employees

The worst workplace I've never seen

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGood product
    The employers are easy to work with and don't mind to work overtime, overnight or even over the weekend to achieve the goal.

Cons-The VPs expects 60+ working hours per week.
    -Pay is 15-20% below market price.
    -Very political at the engineering-management level.
    -Wasting $$$ on luxious parties or giveaways instead of giving people a reasonable raise.
    The above said all were for full time employees.....

Coming to job offers for students it is worst company that ever seen as start up.
    -The $$$ wasted for parties can be used for sponsoring H1 to hard worked which will be good for company.
    -Till date the number of students worked/working (Engg) for Infoblox are 7 but only got 1 H1
    -Point to be noted: Also there are 3 more interns which have worked for Engineering only under 1 manager which were relatives of the biggies(EVP and VP of Engg.) Poor manager no option to raise voice nothing but to accept

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany's success not only include the product sale, but also includes the H1's done by the company. Sincere suggest is to do few H1's before going to public which is good for company growth

Wonderful place to work

Infoblox employee (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsSmall company mindset and always customer comes first. Encourages professional work environment, yet very friendly and open office policy where you can walk up to any executive/upper management and exchange your views freely.

A clarification or note about "sweatshop" comments : There are 300+ stake holders(fellow employees) believe in hard work and work hard towards a common goal. If you don't believe in that mission statement then probably you don't belong to Infoblox family. Work/personal life balance can't be enforced by a company policy and it is an individual that need to take care of him/herself. You can take the camel to water, but can you force it to drink?

If you still think Infoblox is sweatshop, then probably you are not a startup material and you should consider not to waste your time next time and find 10000+ employee company and probably you will be happier.

There is a game room (ping-pong table and pool table), TV room and workout place. Free coffee, free dinners and FREE SNACKS!!

I am still an employee at Infoblox after 6+ years and I am confident to say I am still HAPPY!!

ConsCommunication across the different functional teams can probably be MORE open and transparent, and seeing growth pains which is an expected phase of a successful company.

Worked for Infoblox? Contribute to the Community!