www.infoblox.com

2.9

Infoblox President, CEO, and Director Robert D. Thomas
Robert D. Thomas

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I worked as a network engineer intern to manage the lab.

Former Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Infoblox as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

This is a very good company for people who are interested in networking. The company has products on DNS, DHCP, and network management. People like me who are interested in networking will have success working at Infoblox. In addition, the people who are working there are very talented and it is always good to be around the talented pool of people.

Cons

Seems like the company has not still grown up to the level of hiring new grads and mentoring them.

If you want to make your company popular then you should give opportunities for new grads, maintain a balance between senior and junior people.

While working at Infoblox, I learned several important business and marketing strategies and worked with great people.

Former Employee - Market Qualification Representative in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Market Qualification Representative in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Infoblox as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Great networking opportunities
    -Friendly work environment with an open door policy
    -Learned several business skills
    -"Lunch & Learn events" - Essentially, the HR department purchased lunch for the interns and brought in a speaker from one of Infoblox’s departments to talk about what their daily tasks were and what their department does for the company. Through these events, I learned more about advertising, sales, and engineering.

Cons

Technically demanding in terms of vocabulary. My first day I was reading through hundreds of pages of technical documents, but this is to be expected at a technology company.

My managers were very helpful and open to questions. As an intern, this created an environment in which I could ask questions and learn more about my job without fear of being rebuked or pushed to the side. The people that I worked with took a genuine interest in my success.

Getting Better Everyday

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work-life balance, autonomy in role and control over function, plenty of exposure to executive leadership team. Infoblox is a dynamic work environment and is currently working on "crossing the chasm." The transition from a small company to a larger, high-growth environment is not for everybody. However, if you want to have your ideas heard and contribute to a dynamic company--this is the place for you.

Cons

Strategy has seems less than solid over the last few quarters, but with a change in executive leadership (new product leader, new sales leader, new CEO) is driving better organizational alignment and uncovering new growth opportunities for the business.

Keep investing to get benefits equal to best-in-class offerings from other silicon valley organizations.

Friendly coworkers and good work environment

I worked at Infoblox as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

This company makes innovative products, so working here means you'll actually be making something that people will benefit from. The environment here is also great (although somewhat cold in the engineering department), with bright coworkers and amazing snacks all the time. They also appreciate the engineers, with Friday happy hour right before the end of the day.

Cons

As mentioned above, it was rather cold there (perhaps as a side-effect of keeping the servers cold). The hours might be a little long (although I was an intern, so I had a fixed work schedule)

Not a good place to work for

Current Employee - Senior Firmware Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Firmware Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Co-workers are nice. My manager is very nice to work with. They have happy hours on Friday.

Cons

Not the director. The co. does not treat everyone nearly equal in terms of stock options, job assignments. When the new director came, he brought his own people. The work for old timers got shifted away.

Be nice to the people who have been there for a while.

Don't believe the HYPE! It's all a smoke screen to lure you in and work you to death!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Infoblox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are some really nice people who work there, 75% of them are unhappy and are simply afraid to do anything about it. They just complain to co-workers and stay.

Cons

Horribly miserable, uncaring, very wealthy, self-righteous upper management with old skool mentality that care only about themselves.

Favoritism rules regarding hiring, promotion and raises. Very unfair practices in HR.

"Do unto others..."...well you all should know the rest of that line, and here's another good one..."What goes around..." yea...you all should know that one too.

No pay raise since joined the company

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Infoblox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good product
    The people there are easy to work with and friendly. The work schedules can be flexible.
    Good medical insurances.

Cons

Long work hours(can be 14+ hrs). They expect you online all the time. Manager may call you over the weekend.
    Pay is below the market. No pay raise for 4+ years.

Consider a pay raise for the employees.

I love this company...the people are like family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Infoblox

Pros

Everyone seems to care about each other and the community also!

Cons

Certainly it is lots of work

Keep focus on customers and employees

The worst workplace I've never seen

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Infoblox

Pros

Good product
    The employers are easy to work with and don't mind to work overtime, overnight or even over the weekend to achieve the goal.

Cons

-The VPs expects 60+ working hours per week.
    -Pay is 15-20% below market price.
    -Very political at the engineering-management level.
    -Wasting $$$ on luxious parties or giveaways instead of giving people a reasonable raise.
    The above said all were for full time employees.....

Coming to job offers for students it is worst company that ever seen as start up.
    -The $$$ wasted for parties can be used for sponsoring H1 to hard worked which will be good for company.
    -Till date the number of students worked/working (Engg) for Infoblox are 7 but only got 1 H1
    -Point to be noted: Also there are 3 more interns which have worked for Engineering only under 1 manager which were relatives of the biggies(EVP and VP of Engg.) Poor manager no option to raise voice nothing but to accept

Company's success not only include the product sale, but also includes the H1's done by the company. Sincere suggest is to do few H1's before going to public which is good for company growth

Wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Infoblox employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Infoblox employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Infoblox

Pros

Small company mindset and always customer comes first. Encourages professional work environment, yet very friendly and open office policy where you can walk up to any executive/upper management and exchange your views freely.

A clarification or note about "sweatshop" comments : There are 300+ stake holders(fellow employees) believe in hard work and work hard towards a common goal. If you don't believe in that mission statement then probably you don't belong to Infoblox family. Work/personal life balance can't be enforced by a company policy and it is an individual that need to take care of him/herself. You can take the camel to water, but can you force it to drink?

If you still think Infoblox is sweatshop, then probably you are not a startup material and you should consider not to waste your time next time and find 10000+ employee company and probably you will be happier.

There is a game room (ping-pong table and pool table), TV room and workout place. Free coffee, free dinners and FREE SNACKS!!

I am still an employee at Infoblox after 6+ years and I am confident to say I am still HAPPY!!

Cons

Communication across the different functional teams can probably be MORE open and transparent, and seeing growth pains which is an expected phase of a successful company.

Infoblox Photos