Infochimps Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
5.0
Jim Kaskade

1. I loved working at Infochimps.

Former Employee - Office Manager/Human Resources/EA in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Office Manager/Human Resources/EA in Austin, TX

I worked at Infochimps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture, the flexible schedules, the values, the experience. Infochimps was a startup that was the complete package.

Cons

As a startup, there were good days and bad days, days when we worried about going under, days when our social media channels were on fire with good press. After the acquisition, things were tough.

Advice to Management

Post-acquisition, please continue to safe-guard the culture. Please, founders, don't check out.

2. I love my job!

Current Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Austin, TX

Pros

We've had countless people spontaneously tell us we're the funnest company they've ever worked with. Our culture is centered on making the world smarter and unlocking crazy wonderful inspiration for others. If you want to live on the forefront of big data, to show up every day and play in an ocean of pure knowledge, and if you love the chainsaw-juggling madness that is the life of a lean startup, get in touch.

Cons

Working at a startup is exhilarating, but it means incredibly long hours and low pay. It's a moonshot that requires true believers.

Advice to Management

We're figuring it out as we go along -- and everyone has six jobs and a dozen fires to either light or fight.

RSS Feed </> Embed