Infocrossing

Updated Jun 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sameer Kishore

Headed downhill since the Wipro purchase

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice technology in the cloud, but turnover has crippled the implementation side. Turnover has also led to substantial opportunities for those who stay. There are hints of real change on the way, e.g. job postings for upper management positions, but that leads to even more unknowns. The company is concerned about the attrition and turnover, so it may be an opportunity to play hardball during salary negotiations. Just make sure you get the numbers up-front because annual merit raises are scarce and skimpy.

ConsSales team makes promises they can't keep and expect build and run teams to pick up the slack.

"Synergy" deals that host customer systems in Infocrossing data centers and have application support from Wipro IGS are interesting at best. Application teams have -uh- less than optimal skills for the projects they sign up for.

Continuing education is non-existent.

Vacations and weekends routinely get cancelled.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the people you have. Push back on Bangalore. Look for an angel to buy IFOX back out.

Good ideas, shaky execution

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe cloud systems are built on some nice technology. The technical teams are staffed with some talented people. A good opportunity to get to know an international team, including European and Indian co-workers.

ConsSales-driven. Deals are often closed on the basis of impossible promises. Management swings wildly between giving teams no direction and micromanagement. Processes either don't exist or are stuck in place. Since Infocrossing folded into Wipro the situation has not improved. Severe cultural clash between Indian management and American tech employee expectations. A vicious circle of technical staff being spread thin leading to attrition leading to more load on the remaining team.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on execution. Don't allow sales people to collect commission until the project is done. Staff adequately. Listen to the technical issues. Encourage process improvement.

Contract to hire with new Manager I like it.

Manager of Messaging & Collaboration (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsGrowing company, good manager, remote work a plus

ConsImmature infrastructure, poor internal communications,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easy Foot in the door into the IT field

ProsSchedule
    PTO (14 days starting)
    Able to get hands-on experience with Enterprise level hardware

ConsManagement needs more schooling on management Techniques
    Lack of teamwork from all groups
    No incentive for advancing education

Long hours are "needed" to keep your employment

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsI didn't eat the free bagels

ConsLong hours No pay increases Teams both on shore and off hard to get a hold of.

Virtual and Recovery Service are bad but Monitoring is worse. 100 device down tickets in the middle of the night for a server that was retired and the Monitoring team didn't even look at the ticket for 2 weeks.

Started great, then WiPro took over.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsGreat people to work with.

ConsGreat company until WiPro took over. Losing good people everyday.

good for contractors - no so good for regular employees since wipro bought them

Slave #3456000 (Current Employee)

Prosfree coffee and free bagels

Consway under staffed, will work you until you are burnt out

Advice to Senior Managementhire more people, demand documentation of existing customers

Wipro/Infocrossing

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

Prosflexible work schedule for now

ConsCulture of overusing employees with no support

Advice to Senior Managementsupport your employees

Outsourcing is hard

ProsGreat onshore team, still has a "family" feel as long as you don't get caught in the red tape of offshore.

ConsOffshore management and support teams don't seem to understand how to work well with the onshore teams most of the time. Everything gets mired down in the big corporate machine that is controlled by offshore.

In terminal decline after Wipro acquisition

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsHigh quality of staff, flexibility to work from home when needed, opportunities to work with current technology.

ConsWork hours are long and unpredictable; lots of evening/weekend work expected, often with no advance notice. Chronically short-staffed, but Wipro management will seldom permit hiring or backfilling vacancies in the USA.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to meet unreasonable expectations from Wipro leadership. Staff up adequately to deliver on customer expectations without burning out / losing more employees. Existing employees are getting squeezed to the breaking point. This must stop, or Infocrossing will lose all its talent and fail.

Worked for Infocrossing? Contribute to the Community!