Infogroup

15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Infogroup review

Contractor (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsThere are many divisions within Infogroup. and this company provides a lot of opportunities to try new jobs at different locations.

ConsThe company was a public company, which was taken private by a private equity company. since then there had been a lots of volatility within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement first need to address the anxiety within the employees. So they are free and focus on work, rather than talking about the mismangement all the time.

Great Company! With Great Management!

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Papillion, NE

Prosloving the hang loose attitude here at Infogroup! Actually get treated as an adult and am doing very well here becuase of it! Very happy with my experience!

They pay is pretty decent too!

Conshaven't found any legitmate cons yet

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep becoming creative on how to facilitate your fellow sales associates and less is more when it comes to management as you have found!

Used to be a great company.

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsInfogroup was a great company to work for up until about 2008. After CCMP too over in 2010 it has been all downhill ever since.

ConsNo room for advancement. Compensation plans very from year to year and keep getting worse. Hostile work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart taking care of your employees or they will all leave.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK Company, Great [Non-Management] People, Unstable/Questionable Future

Omaha, NE

ProsThe people you get to work with are generally great.

ConsThe management, particularly upper management, is lacking in vision and long-term outlook. The company is owned by an investment firm...management appears to be in it for the exit (i.e. their big payoff when the owner sells the company...which it WILL do - it's part of its business model).

Advice to Senior ManagementNot to sound flippant, but they need to get a clue - these are peoples' lives/careers their dealing with here.

Decent company but very volital

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsGreat People, Managment but Sr. Exc out on East cost were lost...

ConsAnytime you sell a company things will change, but bad hire up top ruins companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand process for leadership development and promot from within

Ok company , Bad benefits.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsYou can learn latest technologies as the IT team adopt new technologies. It is OK company to work but there are much better employers around.

ConsVery bad benefits. Company needs to improve benefits. After new management took over benefits went bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of you employees who work hard for the organization.

Great people, lots of hurdles, tricky management.

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsGreat experience working in a large corporate B2B space. Lots of experience to be shared from the people who have been there for a long time. Good place to start a career.

ConsLack of company culture. Lots of departments that do not work very well together. Lots of red tape and procedures to get things accomplished. VPs defer to each other instead of heading their team/department. People tend to be in the same positions for a long time with either little incentive or desire to move.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a company culture. Some VPs attempt this, some do not. Stand up for your team or at the very least discuss failures or issue with them before meetings and call them out.

Pretty good place to work

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsGood morale, friendly people. Base pay was very fair, for the type of job you are doing. Very fair with a work/home life balance. Good benefits, along with time off and vacation.

ConsInitial training was extremely lacking for my group. Sometimes difficult to get the help you need as management can be spread a little thin.

Liked the job, upper management too self-serving.

Division Controller (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsGood job, good people, good pay.

ConsUpper management did not care about anyone from middle managers on down.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't over hire, then fire when not needed.

was an okay job but dissatisfied with how managers treat employees

Research Associate (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

Prosfreedom to choose your schedule, low stress call center since you are not trying to sell people anything, easy, co-workers are friendly, vendors for lunch come, scooters located inside building,

Conshours are limited to daytime 7:30am-5:30 pm Mon.-Thurs. Friday 7:30 a.m.-5pm. opportunities for advancement are limited, boring and repetitive work, a few of the managers abuse their power and fire for silly reasons,

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your employees the same without favoritism.

Worked for Infogroup? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Infogroup reviews and ratings in Nebraska — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Infogroup CEO Michael Laccarino. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Infogroup employees.