Infogroup Reviews

Reset
3.2
Infogroup President & CEO Michael Laccarino
Michael Laccarino

Pros
  • There are some great people who work here and the work is challenging (in 5 reviews)

• Pretend to work from home and not even answer your phone (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimal communication from the senior management (in 6 reviews)

• Frequent change in upper management leading to toxic political environment (in 5 reviews)

1. Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Infogroup (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, flexible hours, challenging assignments
    Strong core values with a CEO that appears to honestly communicate to employees and had a point of view. Employees may not like his point of view always but at least he has one

Cons

Benefits are just average; some politics in middle management

Advice to Management

maybe make benefits more competitive

2. Company has been ok to work for - management could be more structured.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Papillion, NE
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Papillion, NE

I have been working at Infogroup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great products and information to provide to customers.

Cons

Management leadership and base salary.

Advice to Management

Provide better direction and pay.

3. Good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Infogroup full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Relaxed enviroment
    Lots of great people work there
    Vacation package is great

Cons

Owned by Private Equity
    Rarely give Raises
    Benefits are not very good
    401 k matching is only in company stocks

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they tell you they are unhappy, or else you end up freaking out when they submit their 2 week notice.

5. Sr. Analyst

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Omaha, NE

I worked at Infogroup full-time

Pros

good working relationships, good managers, company is getting more focused on their nitch

Cons

company went through a lot of changes and still going through many changes which makes it a bit unstable to work in. Not many advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

more stability so employees feel safe working there. And more opportunities and first consideration to employees already inside.

6. Full time Sales Executive in National Directories

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Infogroup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for this company for a total of 5 years. Flexible hours and overall a good group of people in my sales division. I was given freedom to do my job without a lot of micromanagement.

Cons

Sub par benefits, Constantly changing commission structure that could be altered at any time. This made it impossible to know your pay from month to month. Sales commissions appeared to be based on profit margins of the company from a month to month basis. The final straw for me was after my comp plan was cut in half with no notice.

Advice to Management

Listen to your sales team and don't play favorites as a manager. Speak up to upper management and voice concerns for your employees.

Not a long term career solution.

Former Employee - Director IT Operations in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Director IT Operations in Omaha, NE

I worked at Infogroup

Pros

Average benefits. Company was dissected by the SEC and created many changes. Now is much smaller and has stabilized. Basically, a list marketing company. Flexible schedule depending on your direct supervisor.

Cons

Unstable management. Changing or lack of clear vision. The company has been carved up and needs a major reinvented. Doesn't seem to have the leadership or desire to engage in a major overhaul. As information has become more available the companies niche has eroded.

Advice to Management

No well defined career path. Upper management only focused on the profit and not the culture / employees. Sure they give it lip service, but no real actions.

8. Infogroup

Current Employee - Customer Service in Papillion, NE
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Papillion, NE

I have been working at Infogroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Companies gives coupons for lunch. And very flexible schedules.

Cons

Low pay. And extremely boring if you work in customer service. Customer service at infogroup will make you sick. Please if you have heart issues do not apply for that position.

Advice to Management

Please pay your employees. Specially the customer service rep, the job is hectic and should be well compensate.

9. Not what I expected

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Omaha, NE

I worked at Infogroup (Less than a year)

Pros

Infogroup is a large company and this review is specific to the team I was on.

With the shortage of good developers somehow this team at Infogroup has managed to put together a great group of developers. All strong and experienced.

This team also had an excellent project manager, business analysts and QA. Sometimes a dev gets stuck doing both but this group excelled at removing this burden from the developer.

The manager of this group and his supervisor were both great managers/leaders. Their attitude and work style rubs off on the rest of their team.

Large, campus like cafeteria with a Scooters on site.

Cons

Not a big con but Infogroup is a really big company and sometimes that can be a con.

My contract ended.

10. Ready? Fire! Aim!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE

I have been working at Infogroup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At the moment, there are still a lot of talented people working here.
    You will have the opportunity to learn a lot in a short amount of time.

Cons

For at least the past 6 years, we've been trying to work on architecting solutions for our customers. We've been told this is the goal for next year...for the past 6 years...
    Our top priority changes day by day, so all projects are rushed. Because of this, we end up wasting time and money expanding a flawed system rather than take the time to architect a robust environment.
    The advice provided by the staff they hired to do the job is more often than not ignored.
    This place is bleeding good talent. The employee turnover rate is extremely high.
    Depending on the team you're on, you will not have the option to work from home.
    Salaried employees are treated as though they are hourly, but without the benefit of overtime pay. Depending on the team you're on, there is little to no compensation time available.
    Be sure to negotiate a decent salary, because the odds of receiving a raise is virtually non-existent.

Advice to Management

Don't let your actions contradict the things you say.
    When employees do well, reward them with something tangable. Words lose their meaning quickly.
    Employees and management need to be on the same page and have the same goals. We're supposed to be on the same team, act like it.

11. Lowest form of sales

Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Infogroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Offered a big company atmosphere and there were some very successful people amongst out of thousands of employees. There was real opportunity.

Cons

Phone sales reps are brought in with or without a college degree to make phone calls to tepid leads at best. Health insurance plan was so bad I went retail and got more coverage for less money than the company plan including their match! There are thousands of people who are content at the starting salary and a bit more but major bonuses seemed to never actually pay out (change in commission bonus structure right before a payment, etc.) Feels like a very professional boiler room.

Advice to Management

Change this culture. It feels like you're shilling a shady product when it doesn't have to be that way.

RSS Feed </> Embed