Infogroup

Updated October 25, 2014
2.4

Infogroup President & CEO Michael Laccarino
Michael Laccarino

Pros
  • There are some great people who work here and the work is challenging (in 5 reviews)

• Pretend to work from home and not even answer your phone (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimal communication from the senior management (in 6 reviews)

• Frequent change in upper management leading to toxic political environment (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

flexible but little growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE

I have been working at Infogroup full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, good work environment, people are friendly and nice.

Cons

Very little career path organization. Very little cross department communication to the point of a lot of work redundancy. Nepotism is fastest track through ranks.

Not worth it

I have been working at Infogroup full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are some great people who work here and the work is challenging. There are also people abusing the system and playing favorites. My mgr micro-manages because she's over her head.

Cons

There is a lot of gender and cultural bias and the CEO doesn't believe in annual performance reviews or merit increases. HR seems to have absolutely no influence or role in the company.

Join the 21st century and implement performance and merit reviews! If you expect employees to continually work 12 hour days and all weekend without a comp day, you going to have an exodus on your hands!

Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Papillion, NE
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Papillion, NE

I have been working at Infogroup full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Relax atmosphere with the overall company in the Papillion office. Excellent holiday schedule for employees that have families.

Cons

Raises are non existent. Unless you are in sales, your compensation will not go up. Even as a sales person, your base salary will not go up. Only way to increase your compensation with sales is adding to your book of business. In the sales world, management has discretion on what reps get certain sales, can be extremely biased and not help newer reps make a name for themselves.

Sales management - hand out territories and realize the effort that your newer reps are putting in. Don't be to quick to cut them out if you see potential. That is what real management does, recognizes potential in their team.

Overall for the company - find a better way to approach people about not giving raises. If you keep saying there is hope and "we talked about it in our budget meeting." that is only making things worse. You want honesty from your employees to in turn be honest with them. Example: "No, there are no immediate plans for raises for next year's budget." Being straight and direct will upset some, but most will appreciate the honesty. You have a great group of employees, MOST of them will not give on you.

Lowest form of sales

Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Infogroup full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Offered a big company atmosphere and there were some very successful people amongst out of thousands of employees. There was real opportunity.

Cons

Phone sales reps are brought in with or without a college degree to make phone calls to tepid leads at best. Health insurance plan was so bad I went retail and got more coverage for less money than the company plan including their match! There are thousands of people who are content at the starting salary and a bit more but major bonuses seemed to never actually pay out (change in commission bonus structure right before a payment, etc.) Feels like a very professional boiler room.

Change this culture. It feels like you're shilling a shady product when it doesn't have to be that way.

Worst Practices... at all levels - product, people, transparency

Former Employee - Account Management Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Management Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Infogroup full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No one works past 530 regardless of what the customer needs. You dont need to know anything about customers. You can be rude to coworkers. You can make all your own coffee. Pretend to work from home and not even answer your phone. No need to worry about accountability. Customer emergency? You can take care of that after the weekend.

Cons

The product and the people are worst-in-class. No respect. No integrity. No concern for honest representation. You can be assured of being surrounded by incompetency. Constant delivery failures, no product roadmap, obsolete software, professional attitude is non-existent. 20% of the people do 80% of the work.

To the owners - Did anyone do due diligence before the purchase? PT Barnum is probably a role model for leadership.

Ask yourself - Am I proud of the way I treat employees? Do I feel good after I leave a meeting with a customer? Can I look in the mirror and can I sleep at night?

Understanding and Flexible.

Current Employee - Email Marketing in Papillion, NE
    Current Employee - Email Marketing in Papillion, NE

I have been working at Infogroup full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great in terms of work life balance. I couldn't ask for better superiors. They are very understanding and flexible when it comes to family matters. There is a very laid back atmosphere that encourages collaboration and teamwork that keeps everyone motivated.

Cons

There isn't a well defined career path. In order to climb the ladder, you have to move departments or wait for someone above you to be promoted or leave the company. Pay could be better also.

Reward your employees for hard work and a job well done. Help them to grow to benefit your company, not someone else's.

Lots or room to gain responsibility/Experience, but managers are never given enough resources to do the job.

Current Employee - IT Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Infogroup full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Provides plenty of new opportunities for responsibility. Colleagues are great.
    Schedules are flexible.

Cons

No raise in pay if you move up from within the company. Raises are always better requested "Next Quarter".... no real "Perks". Very boring and gray in the building, and corporate culture.

Please stop moving teams around, and really consider paying to keep your people.

love what I do and the people I work with

Current Employee - Senior Client Operations Specialist in Ames, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Client Operations Specialist in Ames, IA

I have been working at Infogroup full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy the work I do, it challenges me. I've worked for my division of our company for over 25 years and have seen us be bought and sold many times. This current group of investors is no different than any in the past. No better, No worse, just neutral.

Cons

Lack of annual reviews, raises are few and far between, the PTO policy is not structured in a way that benefits the employees, you have to use it all by the end of the year and start the next year with only two days of PTO, I hate to be sick in January. The big push for more and more sales without the systems and workers in place to handle the accounts successfully. There is a lack of training on new systems before they are rolled out, including the systems themselves.

Consider how you would feel if you were a lower level employee and had to live by the current PTO policy.

Not Recommended

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Papillion, NE
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Papillion, NE

I have been working at Infogroup full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Trying hard to think of "Pros." My boss let me modify my hours so that I could come in earlier...that was a good thing.

Cons

Everything is an emergency, there's no planning, it's just a big, disheveled pile of IT that makes little sense and doesn't work too well. Vacancies not back-filled in a timely manner, which makes turn-over/training impossible or at best, difficult. Management mismanages pretty much everything. We can't even get functionally relevant technical books for our team. There is an open and tangible disdain for employees on my team.

Adopt some 6 Sigma or something... Get a grip.

Subpar management, constant political turmoil

I worked at Infogroup full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Depending on the position, one can just punch the clock and get by while it lasts. They have some good data assets, but all the technologies are literally stitched together. Benefits are decent, but don't expect any other perks.

Cons

Constant reorganization. No continuity in company direction or policies. Frequent change in upper management leading to toxic political environment. No scheduled review or raise. Defeated attitude set in. Management repeatedly rely on a few good employees who end up burned out. Most management team members do not have good industry knowledge, leading bad decisions.

Empower the middle management and put more resources in training. This is an environment where capable employees are punished with no hope for advancement. Constant reorganization doesn't help matters either.

Infogroup Photos