Infor Reviews

Reset
3.3
Infor CEO Charles Phillips
Charles Phillips

Pros
  • Work from home opportunity is a great draw for certain positions (in 37 reviews)

• Great work life balance; good people overall (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • The bottom line is the ONLY thing that matters to the upper management (in 14 reviews)

• Management appears to be totally unconcerned about Work Life Balance (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

I love being part of a great team. Very bright, committed professionals who deliver great results & also very fun.

I have been working at Infor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Infor really values pros who can step in and deliver from day one without a lot of supervision.

Cons

You really have to be comfortable with a lot of self-motivation.

Advice to Management

Make sure employees know what the top three strategic goals are for the company annually so that each functional area can connect team and employee behaviors to these goals.

Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Infor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I really like the other members of my team and my manager. I work with very intelligent people - you won't find any dummies here. :) Very flexible work from home policy which is a huge plus. I like that the company has a clear vision.

Cons

I feel like I make a fair salary for my position which is good because you basically will not get any increases once you've been here for awhile.

Tough But Very Good

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Infor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Product driven strategy from excellent executive team. Open access across the company, you can get to whoever you need directly without wasting a lot of time in channels. Rapid change means you can make an impact if you stay on top of things.

Cons

Open access across the organization also means a degree of disorder. Rapid rate of change unsettles some people and does cause some stress. But things are settling down somewhat.

5. Good benefits. Poor salary increases.

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Infor

Pros

Flextime
    Some Work from home Opportunities
    Good healthcare

Cons

Tiny salary increases for employees (2%/year if lucky)
    No difference in vacation days if you're there 3 years or 15 years
    Little upward mobility
    Glass office in NYC knows little about what it takes to support software

Advice to Management

Reward your long-term employees with more vacation time. Provide actual salary increases.

6. Good company, lacked direction

I worked at Infor full-time

Pros

Good people with a flexible work environment

Cons

At least at the time there were many changes and management had a hard time organizing between developing new properties vs acquiring.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people and giving them more direction!

7. Compensation Analyst

I worked at Infor

Pros

great team to work with

Cons

the pay is low, morale amongst other teams low

8. Operations

I have been working at Infor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work from home is a major plus with this company. Seems like 80% of the workforce is remote. Constant access to manager and coworker with tools.

Cons

Growing through acquisition. Leaves employees feeling like they are secondary to growth through acquisition. Not people oriented.

9. 2nd Rate Software Company

Former Employee - Software Engineer, Principal in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer, Principal in New York, NY

I worked at Infor full-time

Pros

Ability to work remote (occasionally), some bright and dedicated people.

Cons

I worked at HQ in NYC. I consistently saw a culture where software is secondary to sales (based on company wide communications). infor is essentially a holding company for purchased software companies - companies that the major ERP players did not buy in the 2000s. Much of the software, frankly, is terrible: old J2EE and .Net apps, many of which don't have RESTful APIs. The product teams eschew the call for modernization, driven simply by the need to maintain "old" product backlog requests. Even though I worked at Infor's innovation lab (called Hook & Loop), we found product teams reluctant to adopt modern UI or backend architectures. Moreover, most of the developers @ H&L left due to product team intransigence and lack of CCO vision (the dude literally had a "get into product" paradigm shift every other week). It was often joked that we should hire actors to play the role of engaged developers as tour groups passed through to see static visual designs and proof-of-concept prototypes of non-existent software products. Unfortunately the executive team is dated, all having cut their teeth when on-prem ERP systems ruled. Not one of them has lead a cloud-based software organization and Infor is 4-7 years away from having an integrated cloud stack. This company needs technical leadership and a kick in the pants if they want to be relevant in the next 5 years. Technical innovation and vision somewhere else beckoned me to leave. And I'm happy!

Advice to Management

Stop soft-gloving product teams and push them to innovate in the cloud as API service providers. Also, swap-out "dated" on-prem technical stewardship with a voice that has managed large cloud-based engineering staff. Finally, as long as you remain sales focused and not technically focused, your product will never be market-leading. The street will not continue to accept the "micro-vertical" strategy much longer as smaller, more nimble cloud-first software companies continue to pore into these "niche" market verticals.

Account Executive

I worked at Infor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people. There are some really good middle management at the company.

Cons

Infor promises the ability to be successful but in the end inhibits your ability to make objectives. Unfortunately the company is run by former Oracle execs so it is not a good company for sales reps.

11. software engineer (product development)

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Infor

Pros

Has some of best industry leading ERPs and add-on products in manufacturing.

Cons

Infor is deemed a group of companies rather than a single unit because of its acquisition culture. It takes 3-4 years for acquired companies to absorb Infor culture and adapt to its product guidelines (cloud enablement, common UI etc). Dont count on their immigration assistance (there are hardly any approvals on their GC LABOR/PERM petitions)

RSS Feed </> Embed