Informa Research

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Adler

Great place to work and grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place and smartest people to work with in the industry. Takes care of employee and listens to feedback carefully. Awesome benefits

Lots of challenges and competitive projects/products which gives you enough space to grow, polish your skill sets and learn about exciting and new technologies

Consdynamism can be slow sometimes

A company that cares

Account Director (Current Employee)

Pros-Casual Attire
    -Positive, Supportive Culture. A fun place to work!
    -Opportunities to work with other departments
    -Promote from within

Cons-Pay could be higher
    -As an established company, change can be quite slow and feedback sometimes falls on deaf ears

Advice to Senior ManagementStay open to your employee's feedback. As with all companies, some managers are better at this than others.

A great place to call home!

Calabasas, CA

ProsCasual dress. Great managers and coworkers. Great employee recognition. President is a real good guy!

ConsNot really a lot of cons here. Sometimes it gets a little cold or hot because the AC is messed up at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Listen more to

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good place to work if you don't push...

VBA Developer (Former Employee)
    Calabasas, CA

ProsWorking at Informa will help you develop your skills to get the job that has already been defined by management done. It offers a comfortable work environment that rarely challenges you once you have mastered the job.

ConsThey teach simplistic procedures needed to get the job done but not the overall picture. They do not document so that making changes to existing work effort often requires rebuilding from start.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to consider what is locked in the minds and memories of their employees but is not documented.

I'm doing a job I don't love, but my managers and co-workers make it bearable.

Project Integrity Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Calabasas, CA

ProsGood camaraderie among employees; managers are fair and have the best interest of the company and their employees at heart. They are understanding if you have to leave for family reasons.

ConsIt is your typical office / cubical environment. I have a hard time feeling like the work I do there matters.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice. I think we're lucky to have a president like Mike Adler.

financial information services firm is challenging to work for, but rewarding because of that.

Mystery Shopper (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe company is a division of a larger international company, which means there are great benefits. The fields we specialize in allow us to have lots of challenging work oppportunities. The workload is heavy, but manageable. The New York City location (where most of my work comes from) is in a central location, in the building next door to Grand Central Terminal. There are so many different people to work with

ConsThe workload is heavy. Sometimes there are not enough staffers in-house to get work in on time, so self-imposed deadlines slip, and we suffer. Projects can be pre-assigned in an environment where everyone is supposed to self-assign them. This can create havok with schedules, deadlines, location screw-ups, on-time reporting. The communication is generally great, but when a glitch happens, it can be really bad. In some locations (Atlanta, for example), advancement in the company is limited by the small number of positions available. One has to move, either to California (Los Angeles/Calabasas) or New York (Manhattan, NYC), to advance within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest that Senior Management ensure that project timelines are rational, and projects are not launched before participants understand all the important details they are responsible for. That would include not pre-assigning projects to the evaluators (when the project is getting behind schedule), who need to have some control over their own schedules.

Worked for Informa Research? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Informa Research reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Informa Research CEO Michael Adler. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Informa Research employees.