Informa Research

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Informa Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are put first. Benefits are unbelievable!

Cons

The Salary is below average.

Think outside the box

Informa ROCKS!!

I worked at Informa Research

Pros

One of the BEST companies I have ever worked for!!! Lots of growth opportunities, great benefits, competitive salary, flexibility, and a very caring, generous and friendly CEO!!! If If didn't move out of state I would retire from Informa..miss my second family!!

Cons

No cons Informa is a GREAT company to work for!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Managers are out of touch with their employees, rarely available and don't help and put in more time when it's needed.

I have been working at Informa Research

Pros

The health benefits are great! When I was 1st hired the managers seemed to care about their employees and the CEO is pretty awesome.

Cons

Managers/supervisors only see you as a number, low pay/appreciation, new employees aren't trained well, communication is poor, managers expect too much without knowing what it takes to get the job done, managers don't like to be wrong and will hide their mistakes even if it means blaming others and most (not all) salaried managers & supervisors don't put in a full 8 hour work day (e.g. take long lunches, leave early, come in really late, are MIA in the middle of the day).

Upper management should start talking to their lower employees more because middle management doesn't appear to be properly communicating issues, concerns and maybe even new ideas the lower employees have. Pay should be better since it's so expensive to live in California. Don't take your employees for granted.

Great place to work and grow

I worked at Informa Research

Pros

Great place and smartest people to work with in the industry. Takes care of employee and listens to feedback carefully. Awesome benefits

Lots of challenges and competitive projects/products which gives you enough space to grow, polish your skill sets and learn about exciting and new technologies

Cons

dynamism can be slow sometimes

A company that cares

Current Employee - Account Director
    Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at Informa Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Casual Attire
    -Positive, Supportive Culture. A fun place to work!
    -Opportunities to work with other departments
    -Promote from within

Cons

-Pay could be higher
    -As an established company, change can be quite slow and feedback sometimes falls on deaf ears

Stay open to your employee's feedback. As with all companies, some managers are better at this than others.

A great place to call home!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Informa Research full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Casual dress. Great managers and coworkers. Great employee recognition. President is a real good guy!

Cons

Not really a lot of cons here. Sometimes it gets a little cold or hot because the AC is messed up at times.

Keep doing what you are doing. Listen more to

A good place to work if you don't push...

Former Employee - VBA Developer in Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - VBA Developer in Calabasas, CA

I worked at Informa Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at Informa will help you develop your skills to get the job that has already been defined by management done. It offers a comfortable work environment that rarely challenges you once you have mastered the job.

Cons

They teach simplistic procedures needed to get the job done but not the overall picture. They do not document so that making changes to existing work effort often requires rebuilding from start.

Management needs to consider what is locked in the minds and memories of their employees but is not documented.

I'm doing a job I don't love, but my managers and co-workers make it bearable.

Current Employee - Project Integrity Coordinator in Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Project Integrity Coordinator in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Informa Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good camaraderie among employees; managers are fair and have the best interest of the company and their employees at heart. They are understanding if you have to leave for family reasons.

Cons

It is your typical office / cubical environment. I have a hard time feeling like the work I do there matters.

I have no advice. I think we're lucky to have a president like Mike Adler.

financial information services firm is challenging to work for, but rewarding because of that.

Current Employee - Mystery Shopper in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Mystery Shopper in New York, NY

I have been working at Informa Research

Pros

The company is a division of a larger international company, which means there are great benefits. The fields we specialize in allow us to have lots of challenging work oppportunities. The workload is heavy, but manageable. The New York City location (where most of my work comes from) is in a central location, in the building next door to Grand Central Terminal. There are so many different people to work with

Cons

The workload is heavy. Sometimes there are not enough staffers in-house to get work in on time, so self-imposed deadlines slip, and we suffer. Projects can be pre-assigned in an environment where everyone is supposed to self-assign them. This can create havok with schedules, deadlines, location screw-ups, on-time reporting. The communication is generally great, but when a glitch happens, it can be really bad. In some locations (Atlanta, for example), advancement in the company is limited by the small number of positions available. One has to move, either to California (Los Angeles/Calabasas) or New York (Manhattan, NYC), to advance within the company.

I would suggest that Senior Management ensure that project timelines are rational, and projects are not launched before participants understand all the important details they are responsible for. That would include not pre-assigning projects to the evaluators (when the project is getting behind schedule), who need to have some control over their own schedules.