Informa

Not yet rated.

Stephen A. Carter

Not Unhappy

Business Development Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsPeople actually care about you, great products, great incentives, plenty of opportunities, hard work pays off

Consconstant change, some good some bad. pressure can be hard to take but could be a lot worse

Advice to Senior Managementbreathing room goes a long way

Good work/life balance if you can stomach the reorgs

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsA Good work - life balance

ConsReorganizations occur on an annual basis

Sales -USA

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLoved the Industry & the journal

Consever decreasing & shrinking compensation plans. Tasked with % of growth for new business, with promise of New Business commission, and then never honored! ~ Hidden agendas, and mis0managed teams = poor morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your managers to do the job they were hired to do, without changing the things every 3 month!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Incompetent management, little chance for career advancement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsHealthcare benefits are quite generous, and time off is fair. Managers are decent about letting you work from home when necessary.

ConsDirectionless management plagues operations. Massive acquisitions are considered great even when there is no cohesive collaboration between offices. Management nitpicks over minor expenditures while spending enormous amounts on huge, cross-divisional technologies that end up wasting money because, usually, one size does not fit all. Zero training programs are available to US employees while they are lavished on the London offices - same with promotions. Here, it's the UK way or the highway.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of giving lip service to "innovation" and involving employees in decision-making, managers should pay closer attention to the ideas coming from the product teams. These are the people who actually know their products, and they should be better trusted to produce and improve them.

Nice stepping stone if just starting your career.

Staff Accountant (Current Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsThe Informa Support Services -Sarasota office offers great opportunities for customer service, cash applications, collections, billing, and accounts payable professionals, as well as a growing finance team open to recruiting college graduates. The office executive team as a whole strongly believes in in-house promotions which is evident in the retention time of the staff.

ConsSome Sarasota departments must work national holidays but are given time off later in the month (4th of July, Labor day, etc.). This is only hard to swallow when other international offices are able to get time off for their local holidays that fall during crucial deadlines but the Sarasota finance team does not get the same consideration.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat mix of management styles. The Sarasota office has put together an extraordinary executive team and offer all staff the opportunity to be mentored by these multifaceted accounting professionals.

Informa in Massachusetts is hopefully not representative as a whole.

Manager (Former Employee) Worcester, MA

ProsIn this economy, it's a job. Luckily one I left behind me.

ConsRigid hours, uneducated Human Resources, inflexible working conditions, Director-level management openly played favorites. No programs were in place to foster inter-departmental interaction. Lots of layoffs. Some borderline illegal employee practices - i.e. giving one employee flexibility, when employees of equal standing are not given the same benefit or laying off employees with legitimate worker's comp claims. It was a dismal place to work - at least in my group.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees need better resources, flexibility. When I was there, we had a poorly managed intranet, little information was shared with the staff including in-office Sr. Managers. The work schedule and inflexibility was terrible. I was in a meeting and another employee commented that "This used to be a good place to work"...unfortunately he was right and I hadn't worked there when it was considered good.

A disappointment in terms of ... Everything

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsI really can`t see much of pros here. What I can say is that there is a good work atmosphere within the team.

Cons-The management is disastrous: The teams are managed very poorly
    -NO value is given to business development persons they seem to forget that THEY are driving the business
    -Very poor salary with figures that are not explicitly shown to us

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the good work, your employees` turnover will keep rising and rising..

Good exposure but bad experience

Principal Analyst (Former Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsExposure to high level executive people on Telecom and Media industries

ConsLack of opportunities
    Weakness of the solutions
    Mafia teams internally ---
    Lack of management support and credibility

Advice to Senior ManagementBe closer to your employees. Listen to what the customer says in feedbacks and not to old employees who wants to protect their safety zone.

Informa Group Latin America - great people to work with but no clear career path

Marketing Executive (Former Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsGreat environment to work in, everyone was very friendly and helpful. I had the freedom to manage my projects pretty much independently, no micromanaging, able to share and implement my own ideas, good work-life balance

ConsManagement did not handle situations and act in most professional manner, disorganized; no clear career path, low salary, understaffed, high-stress in exhibitions area - not enough people to put together large scale events

Good for training, valuable skills learnt

Sales Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsSociable teams, a good place to work and the location is perfect in London. A great place to learn sales/management skills, they hire from within so you can move quickly up the business

ConsThe commission structure is limited, depending on your job function. If you are not in a sponsorship role, you are not making any money. Constantly striving to cut costs wherever they can, and often cut too much with redundancies commonplace

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to be so hierarchical, give your management teams some autonomy rather than having just the MD telling you what to do. Stop being so grumpy all the time.

Worked for Informa? Contribute to the Community!