Informa Reviews

Informa ROCKS!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Informa

Pros

One of the BEST companies I have ever worked for!!! Lots of growth opportunities, great benefits, competitive salary, flexibility, and a very caring, generous and friendly CEO!!! If If didn't move out of state I would retire from Informa..miss my second family!!

Cons

No cons Informa is a GREAT company to work for!!

Keep up the good work!!!

They hired me, then didn't let me do the job

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Informa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had a fantastic boss and many wonderful colleagues whose insights were incomparable. The company is well respected. The pay and benefits were great. I learned a lot about the telecom and media industries as well as office politics.

Cons

Informa is notorious for its ongoing rounds of layoffs. They hire great people and then routinely let them go for no apparent reason other than that fact that they must not have won that quarter's popularity contest. There is a core group of analysts who dominate all initiatives and come up with some really silly projects that waste everyone's time and the company's money. It's sad really, because there are so many better, and more lucrative, projects that analysts could spend their time doing.

Further, the culture is very male-dominated, and I ended up being prevented from doing my job as an analyst because the men on the sales team included male colleagues on client visits but absolutely refused to take me along. There were a couple of female sales people who were willing to collaborate with me, but they also left the company. There really are no options for promotions or raises once you are in, and, in fact, the bonus I was promised for completing my first year there was never fully paid.

Let people do their jobs and stop tolerating discrimination. Stop the incessant hiring and firing. These are people's lives you're messing with. Create a clearer picture of what you really hope to achieve with the company.

Not Unhappy

Current Employee - Business Development Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Informa full-time for more than a year

Pros

People actually care about you, great products, great incentives, plenty of opportunities, hard work pays off

Cons

constant change, some good some bad. pressure can be hard to take but could be a lot worse

breathing room goes a long way

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good work/life balance if you can stomach the reorgs

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Informa full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A Good work - life balance

Cons

Reorganizations occur on an annual basis

Sales -USA

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Informa full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Loved the Industry & the journal

Cons

ever decreasing & shrinking compensation plans. Tasked with % of growth for new business, with promise of New Business commission, and then never honored! ~ Hidden agendas, and mis0managed teams = poor morale.

Allow your managers to do the job they were hired to do, without changing the things every 3 month!

Nice stepping stone if just starting your career.

Current Employee - Staff Accountant  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Informa

Pros

The Informa Support Services -Sarasota office offers great opportunities for customer service, cash applications, collections, billing, and accounts payable professionals, as well as a growing finance team open to recruiting college graduates. The office executive team as a whole strongly believes in in-house promotions which is evident in the retention time of the staff.

Cons

Some Sarasota departments must work national holidays but are given time off later in the month (4th of July, Labor day, etc.). This is only hard to swallow when other international offices are able to get time off for their local holidays that fall during crucial deadlines but the Sarasota finance team does not get the same consideration.

Great mix of management styles. The Sarasota office has put together an extraordinary executive team and offer all staff the opportunity to be mentored by these multifaceted accounting professionals.

Informa in Massachusetts is hopefully not representative as a whole.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Manager in Worcester, MA

I worked at Informa

Pros

In this economy, it's a job. Luckily one I left behind me.

Cons

Rigid hours, uneducated Human Resources, inflexible working conditions, Director-level management openly played favorites. No programs were in place to foster inter-departmental interaction. Lots of layoffs. Some borderline illegal employee practices - i.e. giving one employee flexibility, when employees of equal standing are not given the same benefit or laying off employees with legitimate worker's comp claims. It was a dismal place to work - at least in my group.

Employees need better resources, flexibility. When I was there, we had a poorly managed intranet, little information was shared with the staff including in-office Sr. Managers. The work schedule and inflexibility was terrible. I was in a meeting and another employee commented that "This used to be a good place to work"...unfortunately he was right and I hadn't worked there when it was considered good.

Sales Manager

I worked at Informa

Pros

Good teams all working to exceed budgets

Cons

Company is often too large to react quickly

Good

I worked at Informa as a contractor

Pros

Good company to work for, friendly staff, variety of tasks

Cons

Might get a bit boring at times

Ups and downs, but generally pretty good

I have been working at Informa full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good staff benefits, good pay if you're in the right place, opportunity to work from home, pretty accessible management. Relatively easy to sit down with senior management. Excellent colleagues. Definitely a training ground for better things: one learns a lot, and perhaps staff retention could prevent exporting of skills.

Cons

A slight preoccupation with bureaucracy

Worked for Informa? Contribute to the Community!