Informatica

Informatica Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi

Sohaib Abbasi

Pros:
  • "Work life balance - Even workload, never forced to work overtime/weekends/late night"
    in 37 reviews
  • "Good work life balance, helpful colleagues and work culture"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Have to go through politics when getting your idea approved (even if you are in an R & D)"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Hard working people but chaotic at times

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThere are quite a few smart and talented people. The work/home life balance depends on the group you work with however most people are ok if you work from home. I enjoyed the wonderful people I worked with and their dedication to the people and their job.

ConsUpper management tends to not look at the data nor the issues that were presented. Additionally, abusive behavior was tolerated by managers without looking into the situation and protecting people.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people when there is a pattern of bad behavior. Learn to promote within but not by tenure. Start to hire your brightest and hardest working stars that do great things for the company.

It is fun to be with a company on the up swing!

ProsThe relaxed and open workplace is a pleasure to come to each day. The company is still small enough that you can build personal and professional relationships that will last. There is room to grow your career as Informatica has as bright future ahead.

ConsAmbiguity is a part of any growing organization and Informatica is not exempt. Use it to your favor and create solutions where there are gaps.

Flag Review
    Informatica HR Director, Business Partner responded to this review Mar 25, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for feedback. Many employees appreciate the relaxed, open culture at Informatica and the close relationships with colleagues. It's also true that as a software company, our markets and ... More

Wonderful company and environment!

Redwood City, CA

ProsThe leadership is dynamic, approachable and genuine! The company has recently "re-invented" itself and is on fire! It is a truly collaborative environment. Individual contributions have an impact and are appreciated!

ConsThe recent changes and lots of new personnel have caused some minor internal confusion and transition issues, but am confident these will be overcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat turn-around - Keep your vision strong and implement clear steps to achieve it!

Flag Review
    Informatica VP Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review Jan 30, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your comment. I agree we are certainly on fire and having a lot of fun in the process.
  • We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Of the employess, by the employees for the employees

Development Manager (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

ProsThe company is just the right size, not too big not too big. You get visbility very soon. People here are knowledgable and helpful.

ConsThe first and formost not such a good thing here is no free lunch. Then is the always a bit over cool air conditioning (for me).

Good experience

Lead Support Engineer (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

ProsGet to learn all infa technologies
    Friendly working environment

ConsAverage Salary
    No rrom for growth after certain level

Its a okay type company

QA Engineer (Current Employee)
    Warrenville, IL

ProsGood technology, skilled and innovative engineers, good work life balance, flexible environment, friendly and techincally sound manager. You learn a lot, there cannot be single day when you dont learn new stuff....

ConsPay and benefits are not upto the mark, they need to do a survey about the cost of living in the area. The yearly apartment rent increases more than the annual raise they provide.. You can manage for couple of years considering other good stuffs, but in the long run if you need to run your family you have to think of other alternatives.

There are one or two unprofessional guys with whom you have to deal with, mostly responsible for managing labs and support...If you are soft spoken and not a noisy employee, you are being taken for a ride, have to face obnoixious behavior and the management does not stand behind you, acts neutral.

The immediate manager is good, friendly, does zero micro management and also technically very sound, but when it comes to work distribution, couple of selected guys are favored little more than the rest even though you had proved in the past you are good enough. Its not a major issue, but sometimes make you feel bad...

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp employees to achieve their career goals..Give equal chance to everyone..

Great place to learn and grow.

ProsMany talented and bright individuals to be found in the company.
    Work is varied, but mostly challenging and rewarding.
    Plenty of growth opportunities.
    Compensation is competitive.

ConsRecent compensation and incentive changes within the IPS organization has caused many talented individuals to leave.
    Underqualified management personal in the Professional Services group.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more competent leaders or you will lose your best employees.

Flag Review
    Thanks very much for your feedback, which he have taken action on. We recently conducted an employee survey in Professional Services to get feedback from all Professional Services employees about ... More

Very Employee Friendly company

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsEmployee Friendly
    Good Pay Package
    Good care about immigration procedures

ConsNot sure if concerns being taken across higher level of managers. Higher managers should talk to engineers atleast twice a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Flag Review
    Informatica Sr. HR Business Partner responded to this review Jan 10, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank You for your feedback. Sounds like there are a number of Pro's that have kept you here with Informatica for 5 years! We appreciate all the feedback- including how you would like to see higher ... More

Great company with few cons

Professional Services Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThis would be the best company i ever worked with .I am with the services wing also called professional services .
    *most of my colleagues are knowledgeable and friendly.
    *compensation package is above average.Informatica brand name is very reputed with the customers .
    *I am treated with respect.
    *Every engagement is different and brings a new challenge, also interesting to see the product usage by customers.
    *midsize and nimble organization , things move fast with very less bureaucracy

Cons*Being a work from home professional sometimes you feel cutoff from rest of the organization.the senior leadership makes matters worst .few good people in the middle management have recently left .
    *most of the senior folks have been around for a long time , IMHO they take their position in company for granted, show no interest in customer issues on occasions they are engaged.
    *Once you get pigeonholed in a technology there are very few avenues to break free and move to other areas of your interest.as someone stated already before its more chronic in one particular service vertical.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am too insignificant to advice , but want to remind a old dictum a company is built by employees not products.

Flag Review
    Informatica HR Director, Business Partner responded to this review Jan 17, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your feedback. You highlight many positive aspects of working at Informatica including your colleagues, professional respect, compensation, the brand, work variety and agility ... More

Slow paced but good people.

Principal Technical Consultant (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

ProsFlexibility, freedom to implement the best solution, and doing the work with any interruptions.

ConsJust too slow-paced and there is no accountability.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to make everybody work harder.

Flag Review
    Informatica Sr. HR Business Partner responded to this review Dec 20, 2013 EditDelete
    Thank You for your feedback. I am pleased to hear you would recommend Informatica to a friend and that you like the flexibility and frreedom to implement best solutions. Please reach out to your HR ... More

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!

Informatica Videos

Informatica – Why Work for Us?

We Put Potential to Work We believe the information potential is endless—and data integration is more important than ever. We believe it is the bedrock of truth that enables organizations to ask and answer even more… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Informatica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Informatica CEO Sohaib Abbasi. All 283 reviews posted anonymously by Informatica employees.