Informatica

Informatica Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi

Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work life balance - Even workload, never forced to work overtime/weekends/late night(in 42 reviews)

• Good work life balance, helpful colleagues and work culture(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

• Have to go through politics when getting your idea approved (even if you are in an R & D)(in 9 reviews)

Good Culture

(Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsGood team culture
    Emphasis on training
    Good team and a productive environment
    Nice work space and loaded laptops.
    Pool and ping pong tables.

ConsSince is located all the way in Redwood City at the Pacific Shores center, the commute is kind of taxing. Since people who are new to the Bay Area prefer to stay further down south in Sunnyvale or Santa Clara, commuting to work is really bad.
    Compensation is mediocre and not top notch

Good company

Account Executive (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsCulture, compensation, benefits were all very good. They treat their sales people like gold and want them to make money. Tons of resources to help you succeed and will do what it takes to get a deal done.

ConsVery tech driven with lack of go to market strategy. Too many processes for sales management that half the time mgmt didn't utilize in Salesforce. Some managers didn't have a clue how to manage a team and more spreadsheet focused.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a team and not just another row in your spreadsheet. Connect with individuals at a personal level.

Hard working people but chaotic at times

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThere are quite a few smart and talented people. The work/home life balance depends on the group you work with however most people are ok if you work from home. I enjoyed the wonderful people I worked with and their dedication to the people and their job.

ConsUpper management tends to not look at the data nor the issues that were presented. Additionally, abusive behavior was tolerated by managers without looking into the situation and protecting people.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people when there is a pattern of bad behavior. Learn to promote within but not by tenure. Start to hire your brightest and hardest working stars that do great things for the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful company and environment!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsThe leadership is dynamic, approachable and genuine! The company has recently "re-invented" itself and is on fire! It is a truly collaborative environment. Individual contributions have an impact and are appreciated!

ConsThe recent changes and lots of new personnel have caused some minor internal confusion and transition issues, but am confident these will be overcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat turn-around - Keep your vision strong and implement clear steps to achieve it!

Informatica VP Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Jan 30, 2014

Thank you for your comment. I agree we are certainly on fire and having a lot of fun in the process.

Its a okay type company

QA Engineer (Current Employee) Warrenville, IL

ProsGood technology, skilled and innovative engineers, good work life balance, flexible environment, friendly and techincally sound manager. You learn a lot, there cannot be single day when you dont learn new stuff....

ConsPay and benefits are not upto the mark, they need to do a survey about the cost of living in the area. The yearly apartment rent increases more than the annual raise they provide.. You can manage for couple of years considering other good stuffs, but in the long run if you need to run your family you have to think of other alternatives.

There are one or two unprofessional guys with whom you have to deal with, mostly responsible for managing labs and support...If you are soft spoken and not a noisy employee, you are being taken for a ride, have to face obnoixious behavior and the management does not stand behind you, acts neutral.

The immediate manager is good, friendly, does zero micro management and also technically very sound, but when it comes to work distribution, couple of selected guys are favored little more than the rest even though you had proved in the past you are good enough. Its not a major issue, but sometimes make you feel bad...

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp employees to achieve their career goals..Give equal chance to everyone..

Of the employess, by the employees for the employees

Development Manager (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsThe company is just the right size, not too big not too big. You get visbility very soon. People here are knowledgable and helpful.

ConsThe first and formost not such a good thing here is no free lunch. Then is the always a bit over cool air conditioning (for me).

Good experience

Lead Support Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsGet to learn all infa technologies
    Friendly working environment

ConsAverage Salary
    No rrom for growth after certain level

Very Employee Friendly company

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsEmployee Friendly
    Good Pay Package
    Good care about immigration procedures

ConsNot sure if concerns being taken across higher level of managers. Higher managers should talk to engineers atleast twice a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Informatica Sr. HR Business Partner responded to this review

Jan 10, 2014

Thank You for your feedback. Sounds like there are a number of Pro's that have kept you here with Informatica for 5 years! We appreciate all the feedback- including how you would like to see higher ... More

Great place to learn and grow.

ProsMany talented and bright individuals to be found in the company.
    Work is varied, but mostly challenging and rewarding.
    Plenty of growth opportunities.
    Compensation is competitive.

ConsRecent compensation and incentive changes within the IPS organization has caused many talented individuals to leave.
    Underqualified management personal in the Professional Services group.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more competent leaders or you will lose your best employees.

Informatica HR Director, Business Partner responded to this review

Mar 25, 2014

Thanks very much for your feedback, which he have taken action on. We recently conducted an employee survey in Professional Services to get feedback from all Professional Services employees about ... More

Good work culture

Software Engineer In Test (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsGreat people and good work culture

ConsWork can get monotonous at times

Informatica Sr. HR Business Partner responded to this review

Dec 12, 2013

Thank You for your feedback. Glad to hear you like the culture here. For any ideas on making your work less monotonous- please contact us here in HR- we would be more than happy to speak with you- we ... More

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!