Informatica

Informatica Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi

Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work life balance - Even workload, never forced to work overtime/weekends/late night(in 42 reviews)

• Good work life balance, helpful colleagues and work culture(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

• Have to go through politics when getting your idea approved (even if you are in an R & D)(in 9 reviews)

If you like to work hard without any clear understanding of what your purpose is, work at Informatica

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

Prossalary, provide the resources you need, a lot of business potential

ConsManagers need people skills training. Management takes no responsibility for nurturing and guiding employees. Professionalism with regards to treatment of employees is lacking. There is no camaraderie. There are a few people who sit in rooms and make decisions and do not know how to succinctly communicate the importance and role to each employee who has to make the vision and strategy come to fruition.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in management training. There's no benefit to having managers who don't understand the key principles of managing people. Turnover will stay high when no-one understands their role and value to the company.

Great culture, progressive, fast growing company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsCulture is strong, high degree of professional respect. Fast growing company in a dynamic and space.

ConsFast paced, must be flexible and willing to take on new challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to foster the historically strong culture

Informatica Vice President International Human Resources responded to this review

Oct 28, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post this review - its really important to us to hear from our employees, current and past!

Great summer internship

Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

Pros- There is the opportunity to learn a lot.
    - The employees are smart and knowledgeable and happy to help with questions.
    - The internship program lets you meet a lot of other interns, and there are fun events.

ConsCan't think of any major cons.

Informatica Talent Programs responded to this review

Nov 7, 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us.
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany is growing steadily and pay is competitive.

Consclassic working atmosphere, not compatible with company like Google, Facebook or uprising start-ups.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs young blood and passionate people.

Oct 15, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post your review - I'm glad that you enjoyed your time with us!

Innovation no where to be found...great at keeping the lights on though!

Senior Director Engineering (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsDiverse and global team
    Best in class products

ConsPolitics - too many business units and not enough centralized product strategy and focus
    Not enough cross product/group sharing and collaboraiton
    No culture or proof points of true innovation...really just adding on options and auto generation of mappings to cash cow - PowerCenter. Anything remotely innovative has been acquired technologies (e.g. B2B, Cloud apps, etc.)

Advice to Senior ManagementMega-trends are great...though need to get serious and invest more in the ones that are deemed important. Big data is a nice 'me too' effort...time will tell how serious we are and how much of a long term player we become in this space. Same goes for Cloud...

Informatica Sr. HR Business Partner responded to this review

Dec 12, 2013

I've been reading through some of the feedback- and came across yours. Firstly, Thank You for your candid feedback. It is important that all perspectives are given openly and honestly, so that we as ... More

Great compensation and flexibility, but at a steep price

Marketing (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

Pros• financially stable, big, established company
    • market leader in data integration, great reputation in IT organizations
    • steady, logical growth through acquisitions
    • generous compensation package
    • flexible work configurations

Cons• lack of logical functional organization in marketing
    • lack of transparency, accountability, creativity in marketing management
    • "this is the way we've always done it" rules the day
    • environment of fear, blame, intimidation by groupthink
    • intransigent middle management means no room for career growth

Advice to Senior ManagementUntil you finally make some changes at the middle management level, talented, experienced resources will walk out the door. Please stop surveying your employees and take action on the issues that they've already identified--time and time again. Please institute 360-degree reviews for all managers.

Outstanding company... best software company I have ever worked for.....

Major Account Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros-Great software - Great customer service - Always on the leading edge, groundbreaking enhancements..... They focus on customer success!

ConsCannot think of any cons at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

Sep 26, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post this review - it's great to hear so much positivity about the Company - Happy selling!!

Love working here

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsPeople are smart, organized, and nice. They high management are very good and considerate. The new building is very nice. Employees value the work-life balance of the company.

ConsNeed to work with people around the world, which might take your time to set meetings and make work progress. This can be frustrating some times since it needs a lot of upfront coordination.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Informatica Sr. HR Business Partner responded to this review

Oct 8, 2013

I would like to Thank You for your feedback. I am glad to hear you are so happy here at Informatica- that upper management is good and considerate of your needs and that you look favorably on the ... More

Great experience, opened a lot of doors!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStarted off a couple of years ago, and the experience was over whelming. All kinds of great, smart people you work with, fun culture and above all good management.

ConsManagement changes affecting employee development.

Sep 26, 2013

Thanks so much for taking time to post this review - we really value feedback from employees past, and present!

Horribly Run

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

Pros- descent pay
    -good location and easy to park

Cons- horribly run it department
    - some of the people in charge don't really know what they are doing
    - a lot of office politics

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of some of the douche's there

Informatica HR Director, Business Partner responded to this review

Oct 17, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad that you find Informatica’s pay and location good, and sorry to hear that you don’t like how your department is run. We are always looking for constructive ... More

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!