Informatica Reviews

Updated June 12, 2015
14 reviews filtered by
  • Maidenhead, England (UK)
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
4.8
Informatica Acting CEO Anil Chakravarthy
Anil Chakravarthy

Pros
  • Super great culture with work life balance (in 67 reviews)

• Great Work Culture and fantastic people (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Work is not a seasonal thing at GCS unlike R&D where everything happens "before" the release time (in 12 reviews)

1. First 6 months working for Informatica UK

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Support Engineer in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales Support Engineer in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Market leading products, motivated and highly capable workforce, culture of doing what's right for prospects and clients.

Cons

Offices and locations (currently under review)

Advice to Management

Less POCs!

Working at Informatica

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Pros

Everyone is really positive, the training and systems are awesome, things just work. It's like a breath of fresh air to work for a company who understands that it's power comes from great products, great processes but most important of all, great people.

Cons

I've not been working at the company for that long but even when I have a problem with something or need help it just gets fixed or there's a document or video or training pack to explain.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because this company is amazing from the CEO right down to the receptionist, the sandwich man and guy who valets your car while you're at work! Great solutions that can really make a difference and innovating all the time, great company, great customers!

3. I like them

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Pros

A good company to work for.

Cons

None - I've been very happy here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Regional Account Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I worked at Informatica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly Team (both local and virtual), a recognised name, lots of marketing support for pipeline generation. Wide range of offerings to speak with customers and prospects about

Cons

detached management, lack of understanding in the US about time challenges in EMEA. No real direction in some areas of the business, lack of clear and clarified comms from SMT/Board

Advice to Management

listen to your team, and if asking for feedback ACT on it

6. Proven long term growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Pros

Vibrant company, great products, strong vision.

Cons

The company is maturing, the culture is changing with it. Informatica is no stranger to >20% annual growth. To maintain this pace, everyone needs to be open to change. Not everyone is, which can make life difficult.

Advice to Management

Keep going with the company direction. Support internal growth and development, but bring in outsiders when change is needed.

7. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Director of Organization Effectiveness in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Informatica has a strong results culture combined with an environment where the majority of work gets done through relationships. This makes for a great experience if you are prepared to work hard and as part of a team, within a matrix structure. The company is on a growth trajectory and there are plenty of opportunities for career development and personal growth. Accompanying this growth comes continuous change, so adaptability and a growth mindset are qualities that set you up for success here.

Cons

Budgets and headcount are managed tightly, as they should be of course but sometimes this leads to some tough decisions around the prioritisation of resources and projects. In order to scale, the company is having to introduce more rigour around processes which some people might not like but this said, it seems to me that the company and people retain a desire to be flexible wherever possible.

Advice to Management

Informatica is a great place to work and I feel we could do a better job of evangelising that. Because we are not a consumer brand, I believe we all have to work even harder to promote our employer brand. This is already a key area of focus for the HR leadership team but everyone in the company has a role to play in building and promoting our employer brand.

8. A company which trusts and supports its employees in equal measure

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, exciting opportuntiy in the marketplace, perfect size to be able to influence but not get lost or frustrated

Cons

As a quickly expanding firm, it suffers from growing pains from time to time, that can be tricky but the can-do attitude of the vast majorty of the staff smooths out the bumps

9. The people make it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Leadership from Senior Management - you will be encouraged to succeed and grow within the company if you step up and put the effort in. Colleagues support each other, the people really are key at Informatica.

Cons

You need to manage your own work/life balance carefully, as is the case with all companies where HQ is on a different time zone.

10. A great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Director in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The opportunity to develop and grow within Informatica is immense. Great work is recognised and anyone who shows aptitude and effort is rewarded well. Informatica is a challenging environment, we are a fast growing company with large ambitions but, for anyone with drive and personal ambition, the challenge is a great motivator and gets you up in the morning. The teamwork and team ethos in Informatica is the best I have ever encountered, no matter how small or big your problem is there is always someone able and willing to help.

Cons

If you want a quiet work life with no challenge then Informatica is not the place for you!

Advice to Management

Share more of the good news internally (there is plenty to share) don't focus on the negative

11. Couldn't have asked for a better place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Department Manager in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Department Manager in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, Informatica is a great place to work. From what I have experienced so far it is a great place to work and has exceeded any expectations I had. The people are great, always helpful, there is a good work life balance, really good salary and benefits. There is great diversity here in terms of staff and senior level management always have their door open and are helpful.

Cons

As with any organisation, if you are working with people within EMEA/ Globally, you have to adapt.

RSS Feed </> Embed