Informatica Reviews

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi
Sohaib Abbasi

1. Proven long term growth

I worked at Informatica

Pros

Vibrant company, great products, strong vision.

Cons

The company is maturing, the culture is changing with it. Informatica is no stranger to >20% annual growth. To maintain this pace, everyone needs to be open to change. Not everyone is, which can make life difficult.

Keep going with the company direction.
    Support internal growth and development, but bring in outsiders when change is needed.

2. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Director of Organization Effectiveness in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Informatica has a strong results culture combined with an environment where the majority of work gets done through relationships. This makes for a great experience if you are prepared to work hard and as part of a team, within a matrix structure. The company is on a growth trajectory and there are plenty of opportunities for career development and personal growth. Accompanying this growth comes continuous change, so adaptability and a growth mindset are qualities that set you up for success here.

Cons

Budgets and headcount are managed tightly, as they should be of course but sometimes this leads to some tough decisions around the prioritisation of resources and projects. In order to scale, the company is having to introduce more rigour around processes which some people might not like but this said, it seems to me that the company and people retain a desire to be flexible wherever possible.

Informatica is a great place to work and I feel we could do a better job of evangelising that. Because we are not a consumer brand, I believe we all have to work even harder to promote our employer brand. This is already a key area of focus for the HR leadership team but everyone in the company has a role to play in building and promoting our employer brand.

3. A company which trusts and supports its employees in equal measure

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, exciting opportuntiy in the marketplace, perfect size to be able to influence but not get lost or frustrated

Cons

As a quickly expanding firm, it suffers from growing pains from time to time, that can be tricky but the can-do attitude of the vast majorty of the staff smooths out the bumps

5. The people make it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Leadership from Senior Management - you will be encouraged to succeed and grow within the company if you step up and put the effort in. Colleagues support each other, the people really are key at Informatica.

Cons

You need to manage your own work/life balance carefully, as is the case with all companies where HQ is on a different time zone.

6. A great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Director in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The opportunity to develop and grow within Informatica is immense. Great work is recognised and anyone who shows aptitude and effort is rewarded well. Informatica is a challenging environment, we are a fast growing company with large ambitions but, for anyone with drive and personal ambition, the challenge is a great motivator and gets you up in the morning. The teamwork and team ethos in Informatica is the best I have ever encountered, no matter how small or big your problem is there is always someone able and willing to help.

Cons

If you want a quiet work life with no challenge then Informatica is not the place for you!

Share more of the good news internally (there is plenty to share) don't focus on the negative

7. Couldn't have asked for a better place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Department Manager in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Department Manager in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Overall, Informatica is a great place to work. From what I have experienced so far it is a great place to work and has exceeded any expectations I had. The people are great, always helpful, there is a good work life balance, really good salary and benefits. There is great diversity here in terms of staff and senior level management always have their door open and are helpful.

Cons

As with any organisation, if you are working with people within EMEA/ Globally, you have to adapt.

8. Hard work and varied with great people.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I worked at Informatica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Informatica has some great people to work with and for.

Cons

Because of the aspirations of Informatica major demands are made on work life balance, this is more common outside of the US region.

Its not always about forging on, sometimes halt, take stock and then move.

9. Great place to work for.

Current Employee - Sales in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

Ambitious: Want to be a $3 Billion Dollar Company
    Relaxed atmosphere
    Directors approachable, Door open policy.
    Work/Life balance right. Rarely work long hours.
    Sports and Social Club
    C Level, very communicative.
    Plenty of training
    Excellent product.

Cons

Company has been successful and has led to them carrying some 'dead weight'. Often wonder 'what that person actually does in their job?'
    Some Departments/People haven not changed in the past 5/10 years, no drive for them to change despite the company moving forward.
    Departments need to be more streamlined, too many .
    Only career opportunities when the company is doing well.

Review all staff, see what they actually do and don't wait until Informatica have a wobble again.

10. Overall good place to work for

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is pretty good here. Relaxed and understanding management. The company has senior management with a great vision.

Cons

Career opportunities are relatively less in some locations. You have to be careful about asking what you need.

Informatica, a happy workplace

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

I find the job itself challenging as it offers the opportunity to work with many different operating systems and databases. The team I work in is top notch and for that reason again it is pleasant to work here as you know you are part of a team that achieves well. The benefits package seems pretty good and I feel that I am well paid for the job I do. I also find the role of support rather than administration a challenge and much more exciting than the unix/dba background I came from. We also get more recognition than most support teams I think, I do not know of other organisations that have a global support kick off each year, we've been to Paris, Beijing and Toronto and each time we go it is a total blast.

Cons

If I had to make a criticism it would be that I honestly do not know where I would go next. I am committed to remaining in support however I am not aware of another organisation where I would work with a similar breadth of technologies. Also, here we manage our cases from 'cradle to grave' as opposed to the traditional 1st, 2nd and 3rd line approach. If I were then to move to somewhere like that I would be stuck with either losing some of the technical depth I enjoy or alternately losing some of the customer contact, neither of which I would be happy with.

The senior management in general are very good. I joined the company shortly before Sohaib took over the helm at Informatica and so have seen the changes he has wrought in the organisation. The change in direction from a batch based ETL vendor to the more real time focused Data Integration organisation we are now was a great move and one that has served us well.