Informatica

Informatica Reviews in Redwood City, CA

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi

Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work life balance - Even workload, never forced to work overtime/weekends/late night(in 42 reviews)

• Good work life balance, helpful colleagues and work culture(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

• Have to go through politics when getting your idea approved (even if you are in an R & D)(in 9 reviews)

74 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Company & Great place to work

Senior Director (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

Pros- Very good leadership team
    - Best product in market
    - Excellent benefits
    - Nice office building
    - Healthy work environment
    - Manageable workload
    - Free gym membership
    - Pays above the 50 percentile of market comp

Cons- Growth is slowing and stock is in decline
    - Title inflation at senior levels
    - Employees are often not considered for internal leadership opportunities. Certain Execs prefer to recruit outside and appear to be hiring their buddies from previous jobs.
    - Company is getting more "mature". There is an increasing number of policies and process. This is not necessarily a Con but makes it more difficult to get work done and may be slowing growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job overall.

Not happy with company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

Prosbenefits, training, compensation, office culture

Consbad managers, no growth potential

Informatica VP Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Jun 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Sorry to hear you left the company. Id love the opportunity to understand what happened. I can be reached at bcook@informatica.com if your open to discussing ... More

Too much mediocrity/politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

Pros- attempts at homegrown innovation somewhat successful.
    - focus on fun-culture kicking in.
    - india lab is becoming strong product voice

Cons- no opportunity to learn new technologies on-the-job.
    - too much fun - too little 'great work'.
    - Worried company may not remain relevant.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company with smart people

Sales (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsExcellent benefits, excellent pay, smart people and good technology

Conssales culture is oppressive and highly impersonal; culture is overly focused on quarterly sales and earnings

Advice to Senior Managementreward innovations, disrupt your markets and stop only focusing on earnings.....

Quite good but can be way better

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsGood work life balance, helpful colleagues and work culture

Consless use of new upcoming technology or open source, less focus on R&D, much of maintenance work

Advice to Senior Managementshould have more perks, should consider giving training to new employees since its difficult to imagine different use-cases, the product tackles, especially in case of enterprise product

Informatica is an Excellent Company to Work For.

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsPositive Work Environment. Career Growth Opportunities. Great People. Ideal Benefits. Nice Campus and General Location.

ConsNot as well known of a company as others in the Silicon Valley. Pay scale is more on the conservative side, but still reasonable.

Informatica Vice President International Human Resources responded to this review

Apr 15, 2014

Many thanks for your comments - I'm really pleased that you seem to be enjoying your time here at Informatica!

Great People, Culture is in Flux

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsGood benefits - 401(k), medical, dental, vision, etc.
    Great co-workers.
    Ability to work from home.
    Nice new office in Redwood City.

ConsMarketing upper management laid people off then immediately backfilled those positions (illegal?) which created a sense of mistrust and unease. People were eager to throw each other under the bus, but very slow to make decisions in fear that they would misstep. People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance. Low productivity and morale.

Good Culture

(Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsGood team culture
    Emphasis on training
    Good team and a productive environment
    Nice work space and loaded laptops.
    Pool and ping pong tables.

ConsSince is located all the way in Redwood City at the Pacific Shores center, the commute is kind of taxing. Since people who are new to the Bay Area prefer to stay further down south in Sunnyvale or Santa Clara, commuting to work is really bad.
    Compensation is mediocre and not top notch

Wonderful company and environment!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsThe leadership is dynamic, approachable and genuine! The company has recently "re-invented" itself and is on fire! It is a truly collaborative environment. Individual contributions have an impact and are appreciated!

ConsThe recent changes and lots of new personnel have caused some minor internal confusion and transition issues, but am confident these will be overcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat turn-around - Keep your vision strong and implement clear steps to achieve it!

Informatica VP Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Jan 30, 2014

Thank you for your comment. I agree we are certainly on fire and having a lot of fun in the process.

Of the employess, by the employees for the employees

Development Manager (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsThe company is just the right size, not too big not too big. You get visbility very soon. People here are knowledgable and helpful.

ConsThe first and formost not such a good thing here is no free lunch. Then is the always a bit over cool air conditioning (for me).

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!