Informatica

Informatica Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi

Sohaib Abbasi

Pros:
  • "Work life balance - Even workload, never forced to work overtime/weekends/late night"
    in 36 reviews
  • "Open work culture, emphasis on innovation and good learning oppurtunities"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work hours are brutal with no work-life balance"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Have to go through politics when getting your idea approved (even if you are in an R & D)"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Informatica is an Excellent Company to Work For.

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than a year

ProsPositive Work Environment. Career Growth Opportunities. Great People. Ideal Benefits. Nice Campus and General Location.

ConsNot as well known of a company as others in the Silicon Valley. Pay scale is more on the conservative side, but still reasonable.

Flag Review

Informatica Vice President International Human Resources responded to this review

Apr 15, 2014

Many thanks for your comments - I'm really pleased that you seem to be enjoying your time here at Informatica!

Great products, poor leadership in many areas

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Informatica

ProsInteresting technology, passionate 1st line managers and ICs, decent, central location on the Peninsula, flexible with hours and decent work life balance

ConsPoor leadership, especially at the highest levels of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition. Benefits are okay but not really great.

Good Culture

I have been working at Informatica full-time for less than a year

ProsGood team culture
Emphasis on training
Good team and a productive environment
Nice work space and loaded laptops.
Pool and ping pong tables.

ConsSince is located all the way in Redwood City at the Pacific Shores center, the commute is kind of taxing. Since people who are new to the Bay Area prefer to stay further down south in Sunnyvale or Santa Clara, commuting to work is really bad.
Compensation is mediocre and not top notch

Good company

Account Executive (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than a year

ProsCulture, compensation, benefits were all very good. They treat their sales people like gold and want them to make money. Tons of resources to help you succeed and will do what it takes to get a deal done.

ConsVery tech driven with lack of go to market strategy. Too many processes for sales management that half the time mgmt didn't utilize in Salesforce. Some managers didn't have a clue how to manage a team and more spreadsheet focused.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a team and not just another row in your spreadsheet. Connect with individuals at a personal level.

Great exposure to software sales and technology

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than a year

ProsWork with seasoned pros in sales
Many enablement opportunities - great sales resources
Opportunity to sell to the largest enterprises in the world
Sales Leadership is sound, visionary, and realistic...no cheap psych-up (most of the time)

ConsComp plan lacks incentive muscle - pay is ok, but strategically restrictive
You're at the bottom of the pyramid, so you must be vigilant to secure reward

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep encouraging a healthy blend of persistence, knowledge, and calculated risk-taking.

It is fun to be with a company on the up swing!

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe relaxed and open workplace is a pleasure to come to each day. The company is still small enough that you can build personal and professional relationships that will last. There is room to grow your career as Informatica has as bright future ahead.

ConsAmbiguity is a part of any growing organization and Informatica is not exempt. Use it to your favor and create solutions where there are gaps.

Informatica HR Director, Business Partner responded to this review

Mar 25, 2014

Thank you for feedback. Many employees appreciate the relaxed, open culture at Informatica and the close relationships with colleagues. It's also true that as a software company, our markets and ... More

Hard working people but chaotic at times

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Informatica full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are quite a few smart and talented people. The work/home life balance depends on the group you work with however most people are ok if you work from home. I enjoyed the wonderful people I worked with and their dedication to the people and their job.

ConsUpper management tends to not look at the data nor the issues that were presented. Additionally, abusive behavior was tolerated by managers without looking into the situation and protecting people.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people when there is a pattern of bad behavior. Learn to promote within but not by tenure. Start to hire your brightest and hardest working stars that do great things for the company.

Wonderful company and environment!

I have been working at Informatica full-time for less than a year

ProsThe leadership is dynamic, approachable and genuine! The company has recently "re-invented" itself and is on fire! It is a truly collaborative environment. Individual contributions have an impact and are appreciated!

ConsThe recent changes and lots of new personnel have caused some minor internal confusion and transition issues, but am confident these will be overcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat turn-around - Keep your vision strong and implement clear steps to achieve it!

Informatica VP Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Jan 30, 2014

Thank you for your comment. I agree we are certainly on fire and having a lot of fun in the process.

Of the employess, by the employees for the employees

Development Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe company is just the right size, not too big not too big. You get visbility very soon. People here are knowledgable and helpful.

ConsThe first and formost not such a good thing here is no free lunch. Then is the always a bit over cool air conditioning (for me).

Its a okay type company

QA Engineer (Current Employee)
Warrenville, IL

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood technology, skilled and innovative engineers, good work life balance, flexible environment, friendly and techincally sound manager. You learn a lot, there cannot be single day when you dont learn new stuff....

ConsPay and benefits are not upto the mark, they need to do a survey about the cost of living in the area. The yearly apartment rent increases more than the annual raise they provide.. You can manage for couple of years considering other good stuffs, but in the long run if you need to run your family you have to think of other alternatives.

There are one or two unprofessional guys with whom you have to deal with, mostly responsible for managing labs and support...If you are soft spoken and not a noisy employee, you are being taken for a ride, have to face obnoixious behavior and the management does not stand behind you, acts neutral.

The immediate manager is good, friendly, does zero micro management and also technically very sound, but when it comes to work distribution, couple of selected guys are favored little more than the rest even though you had proved in the past you are good enough. Its not a major issue, but sometimes make you feel bad...

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp employees to achieve their career goals..Give equal chance to everyone..

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!

Informatica Videos

Informatica – Why Work for Us?

We Put Potential to Work We believe the information potential is endless—and data integration is more important than ever. We believe it is the bedrock of truth that enables organizations to ask and answer even more… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Informatica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Informatica CEO Sohaib Abbasi. All 261 reviews posted anonymously by Informatica employees.