Informatica

Informatica Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi

Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work life balance - Even workload, never forced to work overtime/weekends/late night(in 42 reviews)

• Good work life balance, helpful colleagues and work culture(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

• Have to go through politics when getting your idea approved (even if you are in an R & D)(in 9 reviews)

Excellent Company and Promising Career

Professional Services Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPros:-
    1) Great Opportunities to learn and expand your career .
    2) Great products and strong focus on Customer success.
    3) Good benefits, work life balance.

ConsCompany is Growing and hence it will have its own share of impact on employees.
    But Growth is always good

Excellent company with a collaborative culture and lots of learning opportunities.

Professional Services Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsLots of opportunities within professional services to expand your skills and take on more responsibilities within projects. Very good internal product training resources. Coworkers always willing to help and answer questions regardless of their seniority level. Great collaborative corporate culture, and accessible upper management team. Excellent employee benefits, especially the healthcare plan, 401k match, and employee stock purchase programs.

ConsProfessional Services seems to have a set formula for compensation/promotions, which can be frustrating. Slightly unclear about career opportunities within professional services.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider making the professional services compensation/promotion guidelines less rigid, and explaining career opportunities for consultants either in professional services or other parts of the company.

Good Company & Great place to work

Senior Director (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

Pros- Very good leadership team
    - Best product in market
    - Excellent benefits
    - Nice office building
    - Healthy work environment
    - Manageable workload
    - Free gym membership
    - Pays above the 50 percentile of market comp

Cons- Growth is slowing and stock is in decline
    - Title inflation at senior levels
    - Employees are often not considered for internal leadership opportunities. Certain Execs prefer to recruit outside and appear to be hiring their buddies from previous jobs.
    - Company is getting more "mature". There is an increasing number of policies and process. This is not necessarily a Con but makes it more difficult to get work done and may be slowing growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job overall.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good place to work, not too many politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLeadership (CEO) is very consistent and thoughtful. Generally smart people who are able to pivot when needed.

ConsProduct marketers don't have their own budget - they have to fight for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGenerally doing a good job.

Great Company

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Pros* Growing oppurtunities
    * Good Vision/ Mission
    * Great communication

Cons* Number of vacation days

Informatica VP Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Jun 26, 2014

Thank you for talking the time to comment. Its people like you that makes us such a wonderful culture and a great place to be. Thanks again

Great Company

Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat Products, very smart people

ConsWork Life balance. Can never take vacation without being made to feel guilty.

Excellent culture, growing company!!

Senior Talent Acquisition Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsDepending on your role, they are flexible on work schedule. Great work/life balance. Even for remote employees, they try to loop you in to town hall events and meetings - they even stream them so you feel like you're sitting in the room! Great benies, competitive pay. Management seems interested in what you have to say.

ConsTime off is on an accrual basis. I came from an open time off policy where you took what you needed. However, you still get an ample amount of time in your first year. You receive more as your tenure increases. Wouldn't mind seeing a more flexible pto policy.

Cloud strategy headed nowhere

ProsAwesome coworkers in sales, lots of bonding...team events, networking, dinners, training to help you do your job.

ConsAfter many turnovers and reorg...still there is no strategy or stability for cloud. There was also huge problems with marketing leadership, with very very poor results on leads, discontent among the team, and emotional outbursts which is highly unprofessional!!! (thankfully, that marketing leader left the company). Even with sales where everyone gets along, bad decisions were made. Very little sales enablement done for new releases, and much confusion everywhere. New sales guys have they're hair on fire with no help being given. Everyone is spending more time managing up than doing work. The startup culture of cloud has died. New cloud management is not doing it's job. So many product defects exist that its hard for SCs to build functioning demos. Some positive work has come out of the new marketing leader but lots more need to be done. Instead of spending time selling, sales now have to help promote webinars !!! And hit increasing quotas at the same time!

Advice to Senior ManagementCloud mgmt is spending their time building powerpoints to manage up, instead of doing needful work. Too many VPs in status meetings, alignment meetings, and on escalation emails instead of focusing on their job. Thanks for ruining a once great company steadily over the years...

Not happy with company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

Prosbenefits, training, compensation, office culture

Consbad managers, no growth potential

Informatica VP Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Jun 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Sorry to hear you left the company. Id love the opportunity to understand what happened. I can be reached at bcook@informatica.com if your open to discussing ... More

Too much mediocrity/politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

Pros- attempts at homegrown innovation somewhat successful.
    - focus on fun-culture kicking in.
    - india lab is becoming strong product voice

Cons- no opportunity to learn new technologies on-the-job.
    - too much fun - too little 'great work'.
    - Worried company may not remain relevant.

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!