Informatica Reviews

Reset
4.0
Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi
Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Super great culture with work life balance (in 67 reviews)

• Great Work Culture and fantastic people (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Work is not a seasonal thing at GCS unlike R&D where everything happens "before" the release time (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great company, fantastic technology, good benefits, amazing employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Informatica is a hidden gem in the Silicon Valley. The company has best in class technology. The management team is a good mix of company veterans and new talent. The employees that Informatica hires are hard working, dedicated and committed to doing the right thing for the company and its customers.

Cons

There is a lot of work to be done being a mid-size company. The business unit structure can be challenging to navigate, but is certainly possible.

Advice to Management

Continue taking calculated risks as we grow and move into adjacent markets. Be bold about the company and our products.

Jan 26, 2015 – Senior Employer Brand Manager

Your review is appreciated. There are many employees that would agree with you that Informatica is a hidden gem in the Valley. Although we have a few rough spots around the edges, the company has ... More

2. Great company

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

Great company in a great market. Super smart people. Super onboarding and IT support.

Cons

Some uncertainty being taken private but it eliminates the acquisition question as well. Early signs from the buyers indicate great support of the current workforce.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus and keep all the employees motivated.

Change Coming Soon

Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good remote worker support and culture, very happy with the ability for employees of all levels to have a good work-life balance. HR and career development is one of the absolutely best I have seen in most companies and certainly better than all companies of their size. The products are great and there is amazing potential.

Cons

Lots of levels of management. Would be good for some flattening to occur of layers of managers. there are too many chiefs and not enough braves. Some of the division leads and c-level execs are not great leaders often berating employees, ignoring or just plain not listening to what their teams are saying. While HR has a great leadership development program, it seems that many of the execs have not taken it to heart. Clearly for there to be growth of employees and revenue, there are a few execs that need to go.

Advice to Management

Be more strategic. There are big bets and things that Informatica can do and should do, but we need leaders who can lead the charge and think outside the box. The company has a strange "Informatica Way" to doing things that is not respectful of the contributions of employees who would like to take things to the next level.

5. Good Company

I worked at Informatica full-time

Pros

I really liked working for Informatica. I spent 8 years in the services organization and everyone was like family.

Cons

Left to pursue larger opportunity.

Jul 29, 2015 – Director HR India

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We wish you good luck in your new opportunity and look forward to having you back in Informatica someday. regards Yasmeen

6. Direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits although become expensive recently. The ESSP program was good.

Cons

The company is too slow to change although expecting that once PE takes over change will happen rapidly. The "informatica way" of doing things should change else people will be frustrated.

Advice to Management

Please move fast. reduce management burden. Promote or create opportunities for people within.

7. Awesome Experience

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

You get the opportunity to work with kind and smart people that are genuinely there to make Informatica the best it can be. Lots of learning opportunities and engagement with managers.

Cons

The company is going through a bug transition phase right now, so if change is something you are overwhelmed by, not a great company to start with.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Jul 22, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you so much for your comments. We like your description of your experience here as "awesome." We couldn't agree more. Your comments about changes are correct. (Although we believe you meant ... More

8. Great working culture.

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for close to 10 years. I have worked for many teams and the work was always challenging. Never felt like I am rusting because I stayed here for so many years. Great benefits and culture.

Cons

It has been bought by a private company. It may have an impact on the benefits and directions.

Jul 24, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your comments and congratulations on your tenure. You must take great pride in knowing you have helped build the world's number one independent data integration company. Our ... More

Not sure where this company went after I left

Former Employee - Senior Web Producer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Web Producer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours at the time, reasonable pay and benefits

Cons

No interest in individual contributors, management in flux. I don't think anyone knew what I did every day.

Advice to Management

Is it really the best thing for new management to just do a mass layoff in marketing, chop off heads based on job title, and then hire a new collection of people? That's what you did.

Jul 27, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Informatica. Without knowing your exact situation, it is difficult to respond specifically. But the re-structuring in Marketing to which you refer happened ... More

10. Sales

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

Solid company, with a clear vision, leader in the data integration space. not too many layers within organization.

Cons

being taken private. otherwise, still a number of positives to working for Informatica. Need to invest more on the marketing side to raise visibility

Jul 23, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your review and taking the time to share your thoughts about Informatica. We appreciate your feedback. The decision to go private was one that made sense given our strategy for ... More

11. Infa

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, flexibility with working from home, benefit package is good, most likely on par with most Silicon Valley companies.

Cons

Infa seems to prefer to hire from outside instead of promoting from within. Need a stronger career development program. Concern over who will stay/who will go after the acquisition.

Advice to Management

Now would be a great time to over communicate. Let people know quickly what they anticipate for employee retention so everyone can get back to business.

Jul 23, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your review and taking the time to share your thoughts about Informatica. We heartily agree about “great people to work with.” As a company we encourage promoting from within, but ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed