Informatica

Updated October 23, 2014
4.0

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi
Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work-life Balance: One of the best IT companies in Bangalore I have seen (in 62 reviews)

• Good work life balance, helpful colleagues and work culture (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Work is not a seasonal thing at GCS unlike R&D where everything happens "before" the release time (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent management with a vision to the future...

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great people & mgmt., forward thinking on business practices as well as technology. Without question, we are the leader in our S/W field of choice, always a huge plus when INFA is respected and recognized as much as it is. Our offices @ HQ are top notch, excellent encouragement from upper mgmt. to having a great work-life balance.

Cons

The stock price could and should be higher as compared to other Billion Dollar S/W companies. C-level exec's need to get the company name out there to a much broader investor audience via every/any means possible...you shouldn't have to just be in IT to know about INFA. A higher buy volume usually = stock price going up.

see my notes above re: stock price

Everybody I've met and worked with is top notch!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'm very happy to be part of the Informatica Sales Consulting team.

Here's what I like the most:
    * The company invests heavily on their new and experienced hires. You are provided with many training opportunities to learn the products and the sales methodology. I can't remember the last time I had this much training.
    * The company sells quality software and customers seem very happy with the Informatica software they own.
    * The compensation and benefits are above average.
    * The people I work with have a positive attitude. They work hard and play hard.
    * This is a good sized company that gives you many opportunities for advancement. Several of the people in my network that work at Informatica have been here for more than 3 years and people rarely leave the company.

Cons

I don't have any cons right now.

None right now.

Great company with plenty of opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Industry leader, smart people, great products, excellent benefits, comp, work/life

Cons

growing pains, on prem mentality at times (from certain groups) in a cloud business,

Are we a cloud first, subscription business? If we are, let's act like it internally, message who we are to the marketplace and maximize growth as the industry leader!

Great Company!

Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very sophisticated product portfolio, employee and customer base makes for interesting work.

Cons

Large company that is spread geographically can make it hard at times to collaborate with remote colleagues.

Keep up the transparency on the business plan(s) as it evolves.

Door of Opportunity

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Culture, compensation, benefits are all very competitive. Working on the Sales team has been great, as we have a very collaborative and dynamic environment. The leadership has done a great job empowering myself and my colleagues to make key decisions, improve our professional skills and improve client relationships.

Cons

Smaller divisions of the organization sometimes don't get as much publicity as the main "bread winning" divisions. My division specifically has grown tremendously and during company announcements doesn't get the recognition I think it deserves.

Great company, great people!

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Cary, NC

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Informatica is a great place to work because it offers a lot of professional and personal development. They provide you with an environment in which to challenge yourself. The people are wonderful and fun to work with. There is plenty of room for advancement. Informatica also provides the ability to participate in community events, and they understand that their employees have a life outside of work.

Cons

There is a lot of room for professional and personal improvement and the ability to move up, but it takes a lot of work. I work for a company that was just recently acquired by Informatica, so it has been a roller-coaster as to where we will be going from here, but the outcome looks very positive.

Keep up the good work. Management does a great job of teaching everyone as an individual rather than a "employee #09475". Even though there are courses available for professional and personal improvement, it would be nice if they were more available for those that do not work near headquarters or approval for travel should be pre-approved.

Smart company, good leadership, good compensation.

Current Employee - Specialty Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Specialty Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have learned a lot from very smart people. I am challenged every day. Very much enjoy the company, the culture and what I do.

Cons

Territory alignment changes are challenging.

Very satisfied

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Senior Management takes an active role in new hire training. It seems trivial, but really says a lot about what they think of their employees to take some time out to meet new hires each quarter.

Cons

Benefits are good, but not as good as i received at Oracle. But I do believe they are at least on par with average software companies.

Look for additional opportunities to engage field employees with corporate culture to maintain the bond and loyalty.

Demanding, yet fun and rewarding with GREAT employees!

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Leading technology, great people, decent pay, and good benefits. All coworkers really work as a team and work to help each other be successful, with the ultimate goal of making us all more $$. I'm on a team of incredibly smart indivuals that work great together and have lots of fun, at the same time.

Cons

As is the case in most any sales organization, the last minute fire-drills and demands for extended work time can get tiring and stressful

I'd like to see an ongoing employer match to employee charitable contributions.

Great company; great people

Current Employee - Magement in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Magement in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people. It's great to work with brilliant-minded people. From the CEO down to the individual worker, most everyone is approachable & willing to help you succeed.

Cons

Very fast paced. That's great for me, but others may not like it.