Informatica

Informatica Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi

Sohaib Abbasi

Pros:
  • "Work life balance - Even workload, never forced to work overtime/weekends/late night"
    in 37 reviews
  • "Good work life balance, helpful colleagues and work culture"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Have to go through politics when getting your idea approved (even if you are in an R & D)"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Company

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

Pros* Growing oppurtunities
    * Good Vision/ Mission
    * Great communication

Cons* Number of vacation days

Flag Review
    Informatica VP Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review Jun 26, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for talking the time to comment. Its people like you that makes us such a wonderful culture and a great place to be. Thanks again

Good Company & Great place to work

Senior Director (Former Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

Pros- Very good leadership team
    - Best product in market
    - Excellent benefits
    - Nice office building
    - Healthy work environment
    - Manageable workload
    - Free gym membership
    - Pays above the 50 percentile of market comp

Cons- Growth is slowing and stock is in decline
    - Title inflation at senior levels
    - Employees are often not considered for internal leadership opportunities. Certain Execs prefer to recruit outside and appear to be hiring their buddies from previous jobs.
    - Company is getting more "mature". There is an increasing number of policies and process. This is not necessarily a Con but makes it more difficult to get work done and may be slowing growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job overall.

Excellent company to work for. Innovative, market leader, independent. In the data area and data is the new oil.

Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    Nieuwegein (Netherlands)

ProsGreat atmosphere of a company that wants to stay ahead of the game and stay the market leader in data integration. Lot's of innovation, so lot of room for personal growth.

ConsBecause they are becoming bigger and bigger, sometimes you see the effect of a bigger company meaning longer communication lines although i must admit, it has never hindered me in my work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in innovation not only by aquiring new technology but also invest in proven technology otherwise in a couple of years competition is going to take over.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent culture, growing company!!

Senior Talent Acquisition Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsDepending on your role, they are flexible on work schedule. Great work/life balance. Even for remote employees, they try to loop you in to town hall events and meetings - they even stream them so you feel like you're sitting in the room! Great benies, competitive pay. Management seems interested in what you have to say.

ConsTime off is on an accrual basis. I came from an open time off policy where you took what you needed. However, you still get an ample amount of time in your first year. You receive more as your tenure increases. Wouldn't mind seeing a more flexible pto policy.

Nice Work culture...Good Work Life balance

ProsGood Work Life balance..Nice bunch of people

Conssalary disparity among people at the same level

Informatica Sr HRBP responded to this review Jun 13, 2014 EditDelete
    Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback.

Glad that you are having great time working at Informatica. Please feel free to connect with me in case you would like to discuss further on the concern
    ... More

One of the Best places to work

Senior User Experience Designer (Current Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

ProsThe company values user experience design in all their products. There is recognition for your job from all levels of management. Employee welfare is taken into account in all company decisions. Appraisal is very transparent and it is really an appraisal for your work and not just a name sake process. Flexible working hours.

ConsThere is constant change in the senior management. The vision is not focused. The Vision is getting distorted with each management coming into position.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen there is a change in the Top Management, make sure that the predecessor's vision and goals have been met, before trying to put in new vision.

Informatica Sr HRBP responded to this review Jun 13, 2014 EditDelete
    Thanks for taking time to write this feedback; It's really good to see that you are really positive about Informatica.

Feel free to connect with me or anyone from the management to share your
    ... More

Great place to work! Wonderful company and great coworkers!

Human Resources (Current Employee)

ProsHard working team but flexible as long as you get your job done. Very smart and talented team.

ConsProcesses in place that are meant to make your more efficient but can actually slow you down at times.

Informatica is an Excellent Company to Work For.

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

ProsPositive Work Environment. Career Growth Opportunities. Great People. Ideal Benefits. Nice Campus and General Location.

ConsNot as well known of a company as others in the Silicon Valley. Pay scale is more on the conservative side, but still reasonable.

Flag Review
    Informatica Vice President International Human Resources responded to this review Apr 15, 2014 EditDelete
    Many thanks for your comments - I'm really pleased that you seem to be enjoying your time here at Informatica!

Software Engineer Intern

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat working culture
    no workload
    flexible timing

ConsCTC for each employees is very varying even if they share the same designation.

Informatica Sr HRBP responded to this review Apr 15, 2014 EditDelete
    Thanks for taking time to write this feedback; Good to know that you are happy with the culture at Informatica.

Please get in touch with me if you would like to discuss regarding the concern you
    ... More

Awesome company to work for

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

Prosless work pressure and very helping and friendly colleagues

Consnot yet as the company is a good place to work

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good job

Flag Review
    Informatica Director - Human Resources responded to this review Apr 1, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your feedback. Glad to know that you are enjoying your time in Informatica.
    Regards,
    Mathew

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!

Informatica Videos

Informatica – Why Work for Us?

We Put Potential to Work We believe the information potential is endless—and data integration is more important than ever. We believe it is the bedrock of truth that enables organizations to ask and answer even more… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Informatica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Informatica CEO Sohaib Abbasi. All 283 reviews posted anonymously by Informatica employees.