Informatica

Informatica Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi

Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work life balance - Even workload, never forced to work overtime/weekends/late night (in 42 reviews)

• Good work life balance, helpful colleagues and work culture (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Have to go through politics when getting your idea approved (even if you are in an R & D) (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent Company and Promising Career

Professional Services Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPros:-
    1) Great Opportunities to learn and expand your career .
    2) Great products and strong focus on Customer success.
    3) Good benefits, work life balance.

ConsCompany is Growing and hence it will have its own share of impact on employees.
    But Growth is always good

changed my definition of workplace, makes me want to work so much! great people!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosgreat work-life balance ..flexible time offs.. good opportunity to grow..good compensation..friendly managers, free lunch and dinner..nice and intelligent people.. appreciation for work.. nice place to work in..great culture..

Conslearning curve, a lot of domain knowledge

Advice to Senior Managementjust hiring the right people is not enough, giving them the right training to begin with is necessary. promote an environment where people who have knowledge share that knowledge with others. mode of transfer of knowlege is immature. Lot of time and effort can be saved if collaboration is proper.

Jul 25, 2014Sr HRBP

Thanks for sharing your feedback and glad to see that you have a positive outlook about the company. While Tech talks and Innovation days are internal forums promoted within Informatica for ... More

Great Company

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Pros* Growing oppurtunities
    * Good Vision/ Mission
    * Great communication

Cons* Number of vacation days

Jun 26, 2014VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for talking the time to comment. Its people like you that makes us such a wonderful culture and a great place to be. Thanks again

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company & Great place to work

Senior Director (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

Pros- Very good leadership team
    - Best product in market
    - Excellent benefits
    - Nice office building
    - Healthy work environment
    - Manageable workload
    - Free gym membership
    - Pays above the 50 percentile of market comp

Cons- Growth is slowing and stock is in decline
    - Title inflation at senior levels
    - Employees are often not considered for internal leadership opportunities. Certain Execs prefer to recruit outside and appear to be hiring their buddies from previous jobs.
    - Company is getting more "mature". There is an increasing number of policies and process. This is not necessarily a Con but makes it more difficult to get work done and may be slowing growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job overall.

Excellent company to work for. Innovative, market leader, independent. In the data area and data is the new oil.

Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Nieuwegein (Netherlands)

ProsGreat atmosphere of a company that wants to stay ahead of the game and stay the market leader in data integration. Lot's of innovation, so lot of room for personal growth.

ConsBecause they are becoming bigger and bigger, sometimes you see the effect of a bigger company meaning longer communication lines although i must admit, it has never hindered me in my work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in innovation not only by aquiring new technology but also invest in proven technology otherwise in a couple of years competition is going to take over.

Excellent culture, growing company!!

Senior Talent Acquisition Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsDepending on your role, they are flexible on work schedule. Great work/life balance. Even for remote employees, they try to loop you in to town hall events and meetings - they even stream them so you feel like you're sitting in the room! Great benies, competitive pay. Management seems interested in what you have to say.

ConsTime off is on an accrual basis. I came from an open time off policy where you took what you needed. However, you still get an ample amount of time in your first year. You receive more as your tenure increases. Wouldn't mind seeing a more flexible pto policy.

Nice Work culture...Good Work Life balance

ProsGood Work Life balance..Nice bunch of people

Conssalary disparity among people at the same level

Jun 13, 2014Sr HRBP

Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback.

Glad that you are having great time working at Informatica. Please feel free to connect with me in case you would like to discuss further on the concern
    ... More

One of the Best places to work

Senior User Experience Designer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsThe company values user experience design in all their products. There is recognition for your job from all levels of management. Employee welfare is taken into account in all company decisions. Appraisal is very transparent and it is really an appraisal for your work and not just a name sake process. Flexible working hours.

ConsThere is constant change in the senior management. The vision is not focused. The Vision is getting distorted with each management coming into position.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen there is a change in the Top Management, make sure that the predecessor's vision and goals have been met, before trying to put in new vision.

Jun 13, 2014Sr HRBP

Thanks for taking time to write this feedback; It's really good to see that you are really positive about Informatica.

Feel free to connect with me or anyone from the management to share your
    ... More

Great place to work! Wonderful company and great coworkers!

Human Resources (Current Employee)

ProsHard working team but flexible as long as you get your job done. Very smart and talented team.

ConsProcesses in place that are meant to make your more efficient but can actually slow you down at times.

Informatica is an Excellent Company to Work For.

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsPositive Work Environment. Career Growth Opportunities. Great People. Ideal Benefits. Nice Campus and General Location.

ConsNot as well known of a company as others in the Silicon Valley. Pay scale is more on the conservative side, but still reasonable.

Apr 15, 2014Vice President International Human Resources

Many thanks for your comments - I'm really pleased that you seem to be enjoying your time here at Informatica!

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!