Informatica

Updated January 28, 2015
4.2

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi
Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work-life Balance: One of the best IT companies in Bangalore I have seen (in 67 reviews)

• Informatica has a good work culture compared to many Software product companies (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Work is not a seasonal thing at GCS unlike R&D where everything happens "before" the release time (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company, fantastic technology, good benefits, amazing employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Informatica is a hidden gem in the Silicon Valley. The company has best in class technology. The management team is a good mix of company veterans and new talent. The employees that Informatica hires are hard working, dedicated and committed to doing the right thing for the company and its customers.

Cons

There is a lot of work to be done being a mid-size company. The business unit structure can be challenging to navigate, but is certainly possible.

Continue taking calculated risks as we grow and move into adjacent markets. Be bold about the company and our products.

Jan 26, 2015Senior Employer Brand Manager

Your review is appreciated. There are many employees that would agree with you that Informatica is a hidden gem in the Valley. Although we have a few rough spots around the edges, the company has ... More

Fantastic company that is going from strength to strength

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

The best products in the industry. Great company culture - this really is a feature that sets Infa apart from any other organisation. The company is big enough to throw it's weight around, but more nimble or agile than the likes of Oracle or IBM. The training and on-boarding is also fantastic, they really do invest in their employees. Senior management is really very good and is taking the company in the right direction.

Cons

Despite the large investments they make in their employees, for those lower down the food chain (Inside Sales, Business Development Reps) there are next to no opportunities for career progression. There has been (and will probably continue to be) a drain on younger, hungry employees who felt that they had to leave to progress their careers. While the salaries and compensation packages are generally pretty good, I know the pay for those working in internal roles is a long way off the market rate.
    The White Waltham office is in the middle of nowhere, which has led to it being eerily quiet more often than not.

Good organization to work, better people to work with, best Ideas to work on.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best thing is every idea being heard, analyzed and even applied, even if that is suggested by a newbie. The people are very helpful, they grow themselves and also helps others to grow with them.

Cons

None that I have encountered till date.

Best place to wrok

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

Work life balance.
    Latest technologies.
    Great IT infrastructure.
    Brilliant co workers and Managers.
    Free food.
    Best Employee benefits.

Cons

Rare onsite opportunities.
    No more cons.

Best Company I ever worked for

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Informatica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Employee benefit are best in the industry.
    Free food
    Recreational games and outings
    Best teams and individual to work and collaborate with
    Work on exciting new stuff
    Super Work Life Balance
    Super cool bosses

Cons

Only con is they do not office in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida, if they had I would not have to leave.

Expand in the other parts of country.

Jan 4, 2015Senior Business HR partner

Glad to know you had a great time at Informatica! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Regards,
    Yashaswini

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Informatica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent People and learning opportunity

Cons

Takes time to understand the product and contribute

Sr. QA Engineer

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1. Work life balance.
    2. Cool environment.
    3. Flexibility in working hours.
    4. Employee friendly.

Cons

1. No onsite opportunity.
    2. Please provide variety of snacks in evening.

Nothing.

One of the best companies I've worked at!

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The products do what they are supposed to, the people are great and professional, the pay is competitive, the culture is friendly...honestly, it has everything you want in a company.

Cons

I personally find it a bit unfair when bonuses are tied to objectives that are completely out of your control (i.e. utilization for those in positions that don't control staffing or business development).

Informatica has historically done a good job of allowing for a good work-life balance. However, now that we are a billion dollar company, we need to make sure that processes, requirement certification/training, etc. are enforced in a way that people feel that can do work during work times and not during personal time. That is, if utilization is tied to bonuses but certification and other activities are considered overhead, you are forcing a great percentage of the people to do work during their personal time to protect their money. It's fine if people choose to do more than 40 hours a week of work, but by tying money into the mix, some people may feel that they are forced into a situation where they have to do this. This is a challenging problem to solve, but this needs to be handled carefully or else people will lose sight of the value of training/certification or the employees become disgruntled because their well being is being threatened.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Informatica has an impressive product portfolio, with a very well known brand and a huge customer base. As we all know there is no such thing as an easy sale, but it sure helps to have a very focused company behind you. It has an innovation DNA which is hard to find in similar companies. The benefits and fixed salary are very good. Great support from Administrative staff in general.

Cons

There is a lot of room for improvement regarding Territory planning and attribution to Sales Managers. The quest for massive pipeline generation tends to create some problems, as opportunities are not infinite in the companies. There is not an option of a corporate car, as other companies in the same level/size offer.

Improve ways to treat how opportunities detected in New Logos (Prospects) can be worked.

Nov 24, 2014Principal HR Business Partner, Latin America

Thank you for your feedback. You highlight many positive aspects of working at Informatica including our products, Brand, Innovation DNA, Compensation and back office support.

Thanks also for the
    ... More

The most organized company I have worked for.

Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A company that plans and execute any topic with excellence. Marketing, product development, professional services, sales, education, HR and others departments working for a same objective: make the customer experience the best as possible.

Cons

Until today I don't see any cons to work here.

Work together in the good times and in the bad times. This is the difference of sucess company.

Nov 24, 2014Principal HR Business Partner, Latin America

Thank you for taking the time to comment and give us advice. It’s people like you that makes us such a wonderful culture and a great place to be.