Informatica Reviews

Updated March 23, 2015
473 reviews filtered by

Very good experience

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

Smart people, good size company

Cons

Learning curve is long for new employees

Provide training for new employees

Jan 30, 2015VP Global Talent Acquisition

Hi there, thanks for the comments. Not sure what part of the world or Org your in but please have a look on our Intranet for InfaEdge. It houses loads and loads of development opportunities. Please ... More

2. Overall a great experience

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Informatica has a great position in the marketplace and I have never heard a negative word from customers about the solutions. It has a very collaborative environment and full of people who want to win and excel together. All the extended resources are more than ready to help out. They hire very smart and capable people. The work life balance is good and the compensation is very good. Senior management seems to really believe in the company and its future.

Cons

As the company is transitioning to become a large organization, it has sometimes lost the "smaller company" feel. It was never a small company, but you always felt like your voice was heard and had the environment of a start-up, a large start-up. Many folks come here from large companies and enjoy the smaller company environment. Don't Lose That.

As many departments are looking to grow, there needs to be more opportunity for employees rather than looking to the outside to hire. There is a fair amount of promoting from within, but take a closer look at your current personnel who have learned the products, the culture, and are familiar with teams and key player within the company. More promotion from within will reduce the turnover, which seems to be growing in the very recent past.

Jan 28, 2015VP Global Talent Acquisition

Hi there, and thank you for your comments. Your comment about internal movement is well heard and has been based on feedback from a number of employees and on Glassdoor. HR is soon to be scoping a ... More

3. Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the best things about working at Informatica is the work and family life balance, the ability to work from home when needed, the overall values of teamwork and excellency, and the CEO has a great way of connecting with the employees and communicating the company goals.

Cons

More time should be spent on reflecting on current processes and discussing the most efficient ways of upgrading current workflow processes. Teams can be small and workloads can become demanding when stretched between a small team.

Provide more opportunities for growth and educational growth. Hold more reviews of current workflow processes to determine how to make departments or teams operate more efficiently.

Jan 28, 2015VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for talking the time to leave us a review. We are certainly working diligently to focus on internal movement and right time feedback. The right time feedback program is close to rolling out ... More

New vacation policy hurts employees

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

The people who have been here for years are great to work with.

Cons

There are several reasons this new vacation policy will never work:

1) The opinion of Informatica employees towards this new policy was never solicited. We were suddenly sent an email in the middle of December informing us that we would no longer accrue paid time off and about how many other tech companies were doing this. Any company that does not care about the opinion of its employees will never succeed.

2) Managers are now rubbing their hands in glee because they could use this policy to deny vacation to the people that worked for them based on "business needs"

3) Informatica management is terribly disorganized and does everything at the last minute. Planning vacation time around their constant fire-drills will never work because they'll always need you around

4) Under the old policy we at least earned our time off and could take them whenever we wanted. Now, since we don't earn vacation time, you have to beg for it from your boss, putting you at his mercy.

5) Even though we have an "unlimited" vacation policy, we are still required to input it for tracking purposes. This behavior makes managers automatically assume that there are bonus incentives in place for them to ensure the least amount of vacation days consumed by their team.

The vacation resolution policy is fraught with problems. HR personnel informed us during several FAQ sessions that we could call upon our HR Business Partner if our manager was constantly denying us vacation. Many employees will never go this route because it is akin to reporting your manager to HR which means you risk getting yourself placed on the chopping block. The following changes are suggested:

1) The vacation system should send a notification to the manager every 2 days reminding them to approve or deny the vacation request. If they deny, they need to clearly state the reason, and be given the chance to suggest alternate vacation days instead

2) If the vacation request is denied, the employee should be given a chance to comment in the vacation system as to why these specific vacation days are important. Every denial event should automatically be sent to the HR Business Partner who can monitor the thread and arbitrate

3) If after 8 days, the manager has not approved the vacation request, a workflow trigger should instantly notify the HR Business Partner who must email and call the manager

5) The vacation system needs to have triggers in place that send HR Business Partners a notification if too few vacation days are being used by the team

6) Institute mandatory training for managers warning them of the dangers of burning out their team.

7) If you're serious about work-life balance, then start an award for it. Let managers who allow team members to take at least 2 continuous weeks off once per calendar year be recognized with a Certificate of Appreciation and lauded at all-hands meetings.

Jan 22, 2015CHRO

As Chief HR Officer of Informatica, I’d like to present why we moved to a new no-cap FTO policy.
    The no-cap FTO policy was put into place to provide employees with more flexibility to juggle work
    ... More

6. Great technology, good culture, terrific opportunities at Informatica.

Current Employee - Sales Support With Business Focus
    Current Employee - Sales Support With Business Focus

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

The software itself is great and the customer service is excellent, so you are very comfortable promoting it. You work hard, but it is a welcoming culture and easy to feel part of the team.

Cons

There are a lot of products, so it takes some time to really understand all of them when you first come on board.

Accountability is a little confusing at times. It seems like there are multiple people responsible for the same thing. That is of course better than no one being accountable for things, but it can make the process of getting from point A to point B unclear.

Intern

I worked at Informatica

Pros

Cool Intern Events (Movies, Amusement Park, A's game)
    Good Pay

Cons

Should've been a Giants game.

8. About Inofrmatica

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

Supportive Management Team. Not rude and nice to their people in most of the cases

Cons

Some Politics, although it is not a lot . We should discourage it and keep the environment clean to breath.

Keep the open door policy alive and call the lowest level employees also for their one on one

9. Blah Company with Blah People

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Operations
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Operations

I worked at Informatica

Pros

Nice looking office, corporate experience, big name on resume

Cons

Boring, not innovative, bad pay, nothing cutting edge, treat employees like cogs in a machine.

Make it fun!

One of the best companies I've worked at!

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The products do what they are supposed to, the people are great and professional, the pay is competitive, the culture is friendly...honestly, it has everything you want in a company.

Cons

I personally find it a bit unfair when bonuses are tied to objectives that are completely out of your control (i.e. utilization for those in positions that don't control staffing or business development).

Informatica has historically done a good job of allowing for a good work-life balance. However, now that we are a billion dollar company, we need to make sure that processes, requirement certification/training, etc. are enforced in a way that people feel that can do work during work times and not during personal time. That is, if utilization is tied to bonuses but certification and other activities are considered overhead, you are forcing a great percentage of the people to do work during their personal time to protect their money. It's fine if people choose to do more than 40 hours a week of work, but by tying money into the mix, some people may feel that they are forced into a situation where they have to do this. This is a challenging problem to solve, but this needs to be handled carefully or else people will lose sight of the value of training/certification or the employees become disgruntled because their well being is being threatened.

The worse work experience in my career! Informatica has become like Computer Associates with its hostile management team

Former Employee - Account Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Loved working at Informatica for many years. It was a place where people were well treated and part of a team. Great solid products, a lot of resources to draw from, has the latest technology in place to perform your job (salesforce.com, Marketo, Work Day, etc) The company even let's you use Facebook during work hours. Whatever devices you need, you just ask and get.

Cons

Many people have quit in the past 2 years or got fired based on unrealistic work objectives. Informatica is struggling to get passed the $1B mark and is only focused on the financials at the expense of employees. They have shifted from a healthy employee culture to a military style culture exactly like Computer Associate. Management all the way up to senior management are new and have no concept on how to manage employees. Many of them lack education and respect by using intimidation tactics to get the job done or else!!! Many of them are bullies and will yell at you just like a hockey coach would do. Very unprofessional and old fashion way to use scare tactics towards employees thinking they will get the job done. They think they can own you and expect you to work a lot of overtime without any appreciation or compensation. Stay away from Informatica!

Jan 5, 2015HR Director

We appreciate you taking the time to share your views and experiences with Informatica which show two very different ends of the spectrum. We are very much focused on a culture and leadership style ... More