Informatica

Updated December 14, 2014
4.2

Informatica Chairman and CEO Sohaib Abbasi
Sohaib Abbasi

Pros
  • Work-life Balance: One of the best IT companies in Bangalore I have seen (in 67 reviews)

• Informatica has a good work culture compared to many Software product companies (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • People worked themselves to the bone running in circles for upper management - no work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Work is not a seasonal thing at GCS unlike R&D where everything happens "before" the release time (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Company with a long term view on employee development

Current Employee - Sale Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sale Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Informatica has all the tools needed to be an effective employee
    Initial enablement is thorough
    Everyone is helpful and pleasant to work with
    Pay is very competitive
    So far, this company has impressed me more positively than any other where I have worked.

Cons

So much enablement I haven't been able to work with customers (Yet!)
    Can't think of any others so far

I'm pretty new. Generally I would say keep doing what you are doing. The only thing I have noticed so far is there seem to be a large number of managers. This may be because so many people have been here a long time and needed to be promoted. Also the managers seem willing to dig in and get their hands dirty so it is not necessarily a negative.

Better than most but there is room for improvement.

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are very good and my immediate management is very good. Pre-Sales management has always worked hard to enable us in our jobs and listen/respond to our issues.

Cons

Corporate mostly acts as if pre-sales does not exist. Although I personally led the technical side of sales in doubling our number last year no one from corporate ever mentioned my name and in fact credited sales overlays that weren't even involved in deals. At this point HQ seems out of touch with what is happening in the field. Let's hope the new sales management will dig out of the hole created by the last regime.

Create an environment where hard work and quality results are rewarded in more than just the sales team.

Excellent management with a vision to the future...

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great people & mgmt., forward thinking on business practices as well as technology. Without question, we are the leader in our S/W field of choice, always a huge plus when INFA is respected and recognized as much as it is. Our offices @ HQ are top notch, excellent encouragement from upper mgmt. to having a great work-life balance.

Cons

The stock price could and should be higher as compared to other Billion Dollar S/W companies. C-level exec's need to get the company name out there to a much broader investor audience via every/any means possible...you shouldn't have to just be in IT to know about INFA. A higher buy volume usually = stock price going up.

see my notes above re: stock price

Great company with plenty of opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Industry leader, smart people, great products, excellent benefits, comp, work/life

Cons

growing pains, on prem mentality at times (from certain groups) in a cloud business,

Are we a cloud first, subscription business? If we are, let's act like it internally, message who we are to the marketplace and maximize growth as the industry leader!

Great Company!

Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very sophisticated product portfolio, employee and customer base makes for interesting work.

Cons

Large company that is spread geographically can make it hard at times to collaborate with remote colleagues.

Keep up the transparency on the business plan(s) as it evolves.

Door of Opportunity

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Culture, compensation, benefits are all very competitive. Working on the Sales team has been great, as we have a very collaborative and dynamic environment. The leadership has done a great job empowering myself and my colleagues to make key decisions, improve our professional skills and improve client relationships.

Cons

Smaller divisions of the organization sometimes don't get as much publicity as the main "bread winning" divisions. My division specifically has grown tremendously and during company announcements doesn't get the recognition I think it deserves.

Great company, great people!

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Cary, NC

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Informatica is a great place to work because it offers a lot of professional and personal development. They provide you with an environment in which to challenge yourself. The people are wonderful and fun to work with. There is plenty of room for advancement. Informatica also provides the ability to participate in community events, and they understand that their employees have a life outside of work.

Cons

There is a lot of room for professional and personal improvement and the ability to move up, but it takes a lot of work. I work for a company that was just recently acquired by Informatica, so it has been a roller-coaster as to where we will be going from here, but the outcome looks very positive.

Keep up the good work. Management does a great job of teaching everyone as an individual rather than a "employee #09475". Even though there are courses available for professional and personal improvement, it would be nice if they were more available for those that do not work near headquarters or approval for travel should be pre-approved.

okay

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

people are nice and company wants to do the write thing...

Cons

sales culture is broken. new leadership so that should help. very tactical, no strategic planning...

Good company... needs focus

Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great earning potential if you are able to achieve above quota performance Good people

Cons

Lack of resources
    Lack of focus
    bad comp plan

focus the company, improve comp plans

OK place to work but practically no woman in key positions.

I worked at Informatica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot a people really like it there, and have some great, dedicated people too. The CEO makes himself visible around the company, therefore being accessible and approachable. Pay scale is on target, great benefits and matching 401(k).

Cons

A majority of the people have been there for a REALLY long time which gives the place (and culture) an old school vibe - which is a direct correlation to why there are practically no women in management or key positions. The old guard don't view women as their equal - at all! They try to keep changing things up but nothing really sticks and they fall back on the "tried and true" way of doing things. HR is a scary joke and are more of a liability to the company than anything else, however, they have a decent recruiting team.

Improve the entire HR process and experience. Put more women in management and executive management roles.

Informatica Response

Dec 8, 2014CHRO

Thank you for the positive feedback on the company, our CEO and the benefits.
    I am sorry you feel that women are under-represented in management. I am not sure what the time period was when you
    ... More