Informatica Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

NA sales management should be shown the door by new owners

Pros

decent comp plan if you have the right territory good food in cafeteria nice views from coffee shop

Cons

NA sales Management shows no value for the employee

Advice to Management

clean house on the empty suits running sales for North America, they spend more time tearing sales people down that building a sales organization that sells to the customer needs, ELA's only in the on premise world, slight of hand accounting to build up cloud revenue

Informatica Response

May 21, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that you are frustrated working in the Sales organization at Informatica. We make every effort to ensure that our managers respect their teams. We encourage you ... More

Good company, marketing leadership has to go

Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Competitive pay, awesome benefits, solid industry awarded product.

Cons

Marketing is clueless. Senior sales leadership has its head in the sand when it comes to challenges in the Field. Ramp time is really long because training is nearly non-existent.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for more reports and busy work and the rest of your talent will walk out the door. Support the field, don't grind them into oblivion.

Informatica Response

May 21, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

3. One of THE BEST Company to work with!!!!

Current Employee - Technical Architecture Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Architecture Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic Work Culture! Friendly Working Atmosphere! Innovative People!

Cons

Travel is bit a concern but given the nature of work, I don't see it as a concern at all

5. Amazing Company to work for

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits including low cost for health insurance, high 401k match, pet insurance, dental. Very competitive salary with variable compensation that can greatly increase yearly income, care about employees by offering free fitbits, unlimited vacation, emphasis on work/life balance.

Cons

The structure can be a bit flat with opportunities to move up limited with such low turn over but if a person really strives to excel they will be rewarded.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing and please don't ever change and I'm sure most of us will be employees until the day we retire.

6. Intern

Pros

Great culture, intern events, great people. The intern program was well organized and they really took care of all of the interns. Informatica is a great company to work for and I hope that doesn't change as it grows.

Cons

There wasn't really any real feedback or review at the conclusion of the internship. Some the managers weren't accessible.

7. Good company that seems to be turning around by getting back to its roots.

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

useful products, good work environment, devoted following by the customers who have been using the products for many years in the traditional areas.

Cons

some loss of focus due to challenging m&a activities that add too much complexity for customers and not enough value to warrant continued investments.

Advice to Management

go back to the basics and do that really well; you have the best products in the industry and are able to deliver the right things to customers if you just listen.

8. Best companies to work for

Current Employee - Professional Services Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Professional Services Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

Pros

Team is amazing, so as the work.

Cons

Nothing as of now. could improve the culture in the company.

Advice to Management

Keep going

9. My experience working on this company is very good. I have no problem in this company. very satisfied

Pros

I get the authority. management is very accessible. We can talk to them as and when needed. concerns are taken care

Cons

No issues. Personal and company goals are balanced. Also the work and life balance is great here.

Advice to Management

Nothing

I miss the old Informatica, it's been gone for a long, long time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

Well regarded by all the industry analysts Most products are class leaders No debt Delivers business value Loyal customers

Cons

Way too many layers of management Can't trust upper management after being told repeatedly that the company wasn't going to go private Upper management getting rich off of stock options and stock grants while everyone else fails to benefit from buyout Took a really low offer at $5.3 billion Lack of credibility from management Tremendous amounts of turnover Not so strong hires due to backlash from turnover Declining morale Ran off great management, brought in poor management that killed the culture and put the company on the path that has lead to the need to go private Rewarding executive management financially as they ruined the company Upper management out of touch with the workforce Lack of real leadership across the board in upper management No immediate vesting for 100% of stock awards Killing the employee stock purchase program at end of July instead of letting it continue until company is sold so the rank and file can at least make a few extra bucks off the deal General disappointment as the rank and file feel betrayed, lied to, and taken for granted.

Advice to Management

Since it's too late to fix things, the only advice to management is to enjoy the fruits of those stock options and stock grants that the sweat and hard work of the worker bees at Informatica helped make valuable. I hope those that are laughing to the bank can at least stop for a minute to think about those that aren't rich, who are fearful for their jobs, and are concerned about the company's future under the new ownership.

11. Sr. Software Engineer

I worked at Informatica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

New technologies to work with

Cons

Managers in some departments are biased

RSS Feed </> Embed