www.informationbuilders.com

Updated December 22, 2014
3.8

Information Builders President and CEO Gerald D. Cohen
Gerald D. Cohen

Pros
  • It has a unique family environment with a great work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Good people (for the most part) (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • It's the ultimate old boys club (in 5 reviews)

• Software is 'old school' and not web/mobile friendly (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company. Great working environment.

Current Employee - Senior Java/J2EE Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Java/J2EE Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Information Builders full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company. Great working environment.

Cons

None. The salary can be better.

Great company.

software developer

I have been working at Information Builders

Pros

9 to 5 job, competitive salary, no pressure, nice team

Cons

the company doesn't pay bonuses

Stable, Established Great Company with a Forward Thinking Vision of Integration, Integrity and Intelligence Technologies

Current Employee - Technical Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Information Builders full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people, management and entrepreneurial spirit. Visionary with practical and executable business plans. Supportive environment that allows creativity, trial and error without penalty. I have worked for a number of companies in my career so I know the grass is not greener on the "other side".The work environment is upbeat and supportive. It's a company that you wake up and want to come to work for and have fun. GREAT, GREAT people and culture.

Cons

Not the company you are looking for if you want a fast track to the C+ corner office. Organization is flat but lots of different lateral moves available.

Keep up the positive, teaming environment, it's why many people stay with the company even though they could make more $$ somewhere else. Many long time employees and retreads (returning employees) speaks volumes about the company Gerry Cohen has built.

Former Employee - Field Manager
    Former Employee - Field Manager

I worked at Information Builders full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good products. Good people. Good work/life balance. Very focused on customer success and satisfaction. Solid customer and maintenance base.

Cons

Outdated internal systems and processes. Could be much more streamlined with some investment in IT and customer and sales tracking systems.

Senior management that is getting to the end of their IBI careers... Need to identify a transition and growth plan to the next team of Senior Leaders.

Good place to work, especially for AE and SEs.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Information Builders full-time

Pros

Work/life balance
    Messaging
    Software stack
    Field sales organization

Cons

Market awareness
    Some old school culture

Great Company to work for

I have been working at Information Builders

Pros

Lots of Smart people to work with

Cons

Very large company and very lots of red tape

Competitive salary

I have been working at Information Builders full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

Extremely busy work schedule does not leave time for additional self-education to keep up with new technology.

Encourage professional growth.

Good Place to work if you don't want to advance in your carrier

Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Information Builders full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Management unless you work for one particular IT Director. Good and friendly environment with multi language colleagues Good hours and calm work place. Good benefit package.

Cons

Bonuses don't exists, 300 is not a bonus, no place to rise at all.

The Best Company I Have Ever Worked For

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Information Builders full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have waited for a chance to work for Information Builders for a very long time. As a customer of IBI’s WebFOCUS product I loved the technology. As a Business Analyst I could always count on WebFOCUS to help facilitate the information I was seeking. Now that I have joined the company, and for the past three years, I can see why openings at IBI come so infrequently. The teaming here is like nowhere else I have ever encountered. Seriously, it’s like I’m a part of the IBI family. My coworkers help me … let me say that again … they help me to be successful. Most of my peers have been with the company for over a decade and longer. The management and leadership care about the best interests of employee and customer alike. In fact, I have never seen customers treated with such a high degree of respect and integrity. The corporate culture at IBI exhibits a teaming partnership throughout. I can just as easily call a peer of mine with a question as I could call an executive in our New York office. People are welcoming and excited to reach out and help each other. That to me is the foundation for the success of this company.

Cons

How do I come up with Cons? The company has been in business for 40 years. They treat employees and customers like family. The environment is both personal and professional. If you need a Con, well then I would say it is difficult to get a job with IBI because there is relatively little turnover.

Keep doing what you are doing. You run a great company. Stay privately held. I have been at two prior companies that maintained great corporate cultures, until, they went public. As a company, reporting to your customers (instead of to Wall street) is what makes this the great place it is. Having the ability to be proactive with customer request was just one thing I loved as a former customer.

With almost 40 years under its belt, Information Builders continues to be recognized as a market leader.

Current Employee - Sales Management
    Current Employee - Sales Management

I have been working at Information Builders full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great company culture consisting of highly-motivated, smart people that work hard yet have a good time doing it. Its privately-held status allows Information Builders to focus on the things it finds most important - product / technology innovation and customer service / support. They are continuously recognized for both. This is not a place to coast; however, if you are looking for the opportunity to make significant contributions that have impact to the bottom line, and to be well compensated and recognized for it, this is the place for you.

Cons

It is not a highly-advertised organization. If you want to work for a company that advertises in the Wall Street Journal, this is not the place for you.

Keep doing what you are doing by recognizing your high-value employees.

Information Builders Photos