Information Control Corporation

Information Control Corporation Reviews in Columbus, OH

Information Control Corporation President John Kratz
John Kratz

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Need to really review organizational structure.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are favored within ICC, you'll be treated well. Decent work/life balance. Good potential with recent management adds.

Cons

If you aren't favored, your opinion is ignored. Horrible health insurance and benefits customer service. Not a lot of room for growth within the company.

Pay attention to employees on all levels of your company, not just the "crucial" ones. Find value in every employee.

Have been working with them from past couple of years, good company.

Current Employee - IT Consultant  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company with good people all the projects with them are really long term projects.

Cons

Very Bad health insurance plan. GC process is only done in eb3 quota, masters education is not taken into consideration.

masters education is must be taken into consideration for filling Green Card

Good Company, But Less Money

Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

Pros

Stable
    Good for entry Levels
    Good HR Staff

Cons

low salaries
    only on Columbus, OH

care more about consultants salaries

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company i would recommend a lot of my friends to.

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Consultant  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Consultant in Columbus, OH

Pros

Great co-workers, people are keen learners

Cons

relatively new in terms of immigration know hows

Pretty good

I have been working at Information Control Corporation

Pros

If you want to learn, there are plenty of opportunities.

Cons

Climbing up the corporate ladders requires more people skills and less technical skills.

Please make sure that the leadership put into place does not patronize the employees.

BI under its current management is losing ground and all of the senior people

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Consultant  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Corporation

Pros

-because of the previous local reputation, chance to work in many of the local companies
    -Pay is OK, not great but OK
    -Opportunities to change roles occasionally in certain circumstances

Cons

-Senior management has lost touch with what made ICC a great place to work
    -Continue to reward BI members that consistently under perform because they are part of the "inner circle"

-Replace the management in the BI group
    -Work hard to keep the remaining few senior people that you have

Information Control Corporation contains the most toxic people I have ever worked with.

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Corporation

Pros

If you need a paycheck, are good at Adobe Flex programming and you're desperate for work, try ICC.

Cons

As I said in the review headline, ICC contains some of the most toxic people I have ever worked with. Their code base is bloated beyond belief. They don't train you in their bloated(several gigabytes in size) code base. They tacitly discourage asking for help understanding their bloated code base. And when this causes a new developer to take longer to complete a task, they blame the developer instead of themselves.

Get over yourselves. Get competent. And get rid of the bloat in your code.

Went through a rough patch, but seems to be on upswing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Corporation

Pros

I really enjoyed the team and employee-focus under the leadership of John Kratz. I think there were some morale issues with the tough economy and a transition in leadership that was interpreted as being more hard-line dollar-focused versus employee-driven. However, I hear that is changing and the great working environment is returning. Good opportunities for community involvement and recognition.

Cons

Sometimes limited career-growth depending on position and division

Ensure the employee-centric environment moves forward, otherwise you will have exceptional talent walk out the door. There are great people there who want to be involved!

A Great Place to Grow

I have been working at Information Control Corporation

Pros

ICC has a comfortable office work environment with the ability to work from home at times and flexible hours. The knowledge base there is very strong and it is a place where anyone can find a challenge and grow professionally.

Cons

In the end, I got other offers that laid out a more defined plan of where they wanted me to be in 3-5 years (and put their money where their mouth was). ICC rapidly builds employee skills but fails to keep compensation moving proportionately.

Monitor employee career goals more proactively. Some are happy staying in one position for long periods of time but the more ambitious will continue to move on if they don't see defined potential at ICC.

A great environment with great people but poor compensation compared to fair market rates.

I have been working at Information Control Corporation

Pros

Great opportunities to grow individually. They reimburse you for passed certifications and also have a ton of special interest groups to help you grow in other areas. There is a plethora of people with different skill sets available for you to discuss your IT problems with for solutions.

Cons

Extremely poor pay compared to other like positions. The review process is horrendous and is done by a person who lacks the skills necessary to dictate technical competency in a person. Talented people leave ICC because of management's lack of feelings in regards to paying a person fair market wages. The recruiting culture needs to fix itself as well.

Review your employee review process and pay people what they are worth. This will go a long way towards fixing the recruiting problem by keeping the talented employees from leaving. There is a dwindling pool of talent in the city and every great mind should be retained. In turn, this will lead to substantial company growth.

Worked for Information Control Corporation? Contribute to the Community!