Information Management Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Alfred Ermer

The Best Company for Professionals / SMEs (Subject Matter Experts)

Senior SAN/Systems Administrator (Former Employee)
    Honolulu, HI

ProsEnvironment where hard work pays off. Been with company for over 10yrs and have worked along side them since 1998. Company highly recommended for top tier professionals.

ConsMore job opportunities for the Pacific region. ( working on this!!!!)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep striving to find those unique individuals to represent the company because they carry the prestige you all rightly deserve!

Cool at first but...

(Former Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsGood benefits
    Training reimbursement
    Encouragement to improve
    Easy access to people that matter

ConsChildish when separating from the company

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in mind that employees that are in their 2 week notice period are still employees. It feels like I am no longer an employee even though I am still in my 2 week period. I have noticed that metro benefits have been taken away a full week before my separation without notice!

Looked like great opportunity during interview, but went downhill after that...

Headquarters (Former Employee)
    Fairfax, VA

Pros-four weeks vacation
    -work with some nice people
    -not stressful/work hours, go home after 40 pretty much every day
    -director of operations is nice and treats you fair when not pressured by President
    -office is very nice

Cons-President is absolutely terrible and probably is the reason company culture is so bad. He makes morning trips down the hall to say hello and ask you how your weekend is. Don't bother answering cause he's not listening, he's just like a politician. He makes fun of all employees and what they are wearing. He thinks this is funny but its really childish. He is very demeaning to his employees. He touts that the company is all about its people, but then treats his people like numbers. Again he's very fake.
    -Senior Mgmt lacks any kind of long, medium, short term strategy
    -Haven't won any work in quite some time. Read: no growth.
    -Raises? HA HA. You have to get a job offer from somewhere else for them to even considering anything worth your time.
    -If you submit two weeks notice you are let go immediately. Just quit or give short notice. They do monitor job boards for your resume and will look to replace you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPresident is ruining the business by being involved in day to day ops, step back and let someone else run the organization.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok place to work

Fairfax, VA

ProsIf you are a go getter, they'll leave you alone and allow your performance to speak for itself. If you goof off, it will show and you'll get canned faster than you can say rotten tomato. Only qualified people should apply

ConsFor a small company it seems like some times you are treated as a number.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more interaction with your employees upper management.

Good place to work for

ProsWork culture
    Work life balance
    Management is understanding and considerate

ConsLack of growth opportunity
    Small company - small team

Advice to Senior ManagementExpansion is an option

The other reviews were most likely written by IMG managers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay, benefits and time off were good.

ConsBeing micromanaged, talked down to and constantly being put down by supervisor.
    The owner is friends with one of the manager, who is allowed to do absolutely anything he wants.
    This manager likes to fire people for no real reason, and then give them bad reviews to new job prospects. Stay away from this company. They check on Job sites and confront anyone who has resumes out. I suffered poor health from the stress dealing with this place, once I found another job I left and never looked back.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire your best friend.

Technical Excellence and fun environment

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsTechnical Excellence and quality of delivery is held in upmost esteem.
    Colleagues are always willing to share expertise and information.

ConsThe firm relies somewhat on it's reputation to pay a slightly lower than average salary.

Worked for Information Management Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Information Management Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Information Management Group CEO Alfred Ermer. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Information Management Group employees.